Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Assad Confirmed Dead, Iran Attempts To Control Syria Army

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Assad Confirmed Dead, Iran Attempts To Control Syria Army

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    AP is behind time.
    Yeah, and I had noticed that such hadn't been factored in here.

  2. #32
    User MrLiberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    06-18-14 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    31

    Re: Assad Confirmed Dead, Iran Attempts To Control Syria Army

    One thing is very certain, the middle east is in shambles and is on the verge of a regional war. This will pit, not directly of course, the United States and Russia, just like during the cold war. Putin is a cold war soldier, whereas obama is not.

    If things don't take a dramatic turn I suspect by mid summer there will be war in the middle east. And may God help us!
    Politics I supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
    Ronald Reagan

  3. #33
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Assad Confirmed Dead, Iran Attempts To Control Syria Army

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    You do know that Drudge just post links to the story of others.
    You do know that Drudge posts inflammatory miss leading and false headlines to stories on other sites right, and more than often not even legit "news" organisations. Case in point... this thread.
    PeteEU

  4. #34
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,383

    Re: Assad Confirmed Dead, Iran Attempts To Control Syria Army

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    You do know that Drudge posts inflammatory miss leading and false headlines to stories on other sites right, and more than often not even legit "news" organisations. Case in point... this thread.
    Please identify one of the stories on his site now you feel are inflammatory or whoever miss leading is. You criticized him for his fact checking, when he posts links under whatever headline, what level of fact checking are you looking for?

  5. #35
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Assad Confirmed Dead, Iran Attempts To Control Syria Army

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Please identify one of the stories on his site now you feel are inflammatory or whoever miss leading is. You criticized him for his fact checking, when he posts links under whatever headline, what level of fact checking are you looking for?
    Well lets see...

    Main headline....

    Headline is false.. it is not the same as to the link it is linking too, and the content of that link does not state that they are seizing all citizens cash, which is what the Drudge headline implies. It is miss-leading at best, and out right biased at worst. Why? oh yea, Drudge is a right wing site, and most American right wingers hate Europe and the EU. So plastering that headline does nothing but promote that idea. Fact is, it is the wealthy in 2 banks who are going to have money taken and most of them are not even citizens, but residents. So not only is the headline miss-leading but it is actually factually wrong.

    And then there is the headline about the protests in France about gay marriage. It is quite funny...

    Drudge writes..

    "Hundreds of thousands take to Paris streets to protest gay marriage..."

    While the actual headline states

    "Clashes, riot police at French anti-gay marriage protest"

    Oh yea Drudge never writes anything bad about the right wing... so he tries to promote his homophobic right wing views by downplaying the violent protests among right wing bigots in France... go figure! Usually he would go after France no matter what, but when it comes to his fellow right wingers and gay marriage he downplays things...

    There are similar examples day after day.

    Drudge is a hack of the right wing. He has lost all credibility. He use to be quite good at the start, but since he went right wing neo con nuts, then his site quality has gone down big time.
    PeteEU

  6. #36
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Assad Confirmed Dead, Iran Attempts To Control Syria Army

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    So not only is the headline miss-leading but it is actually factually wrong. Drudge is a hack of the right wing. He has lost all credibility. He use to be quite good at the start, but since he went right wing neo con nuts, then his site quality has gone down big time.



    Are you sure?

    I can't believe that the Egg-Man would do that.

    I'm shocked.

    If you can't trust the Egg-Man, who can you trust?



    "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." ~ Mark Twain
    Last edited by shrubnose; 03-25-13 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Body not found.

  7. #37
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,738

    Re: Assad Confirmed Dead, Iran Attempts To Control Syria Army

    So is Assad dead or is it just unconfirmed rumor?
    This site seems to say it's a done-deal.
    Assad Confirmed Dead, Iran Attempts To Control Syria Army
    Jerusalem, Israel --- March 24, 2013 … Russian media sources have confirmed that Syria President Bashar Assad was shot by an Iranian bodyguard Saturday night.

    "The lone assassination pumped several bullets at point blank range into Assad," said the source. "Assad was rushed to Al-Shami Hospital in Damascus in critical condition. He died on the operating table from heart failure resulting from massive blood loss."

    An Israeli security analyst believes the report to be accurate.
    But, others dispute it.
    Assad death report dismissed as ?ridiculous? rumor ? RT News

  8. #38
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Assad Confirmed Dead, Iran Attempts To Control Syria Army

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    So is Assad dead or is it just unconfirmed rumor?



    It's not a rumor, it's total BS.

    Anyone who believes this without substantial proof would buy the Brooklyn Bridge from a Nigerian Prince.

    The OP on this thread reminds me of the "intelligence" that the G.W. Bush mis-administration used to justify going to war in Iraq.

    That worked out great, eh?
    Last edited by shrubnose; 03-25-13 at 11:35 AM.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Assad Confirmed Dead, Iran Attempts To Control Syria Army



    Yeah, cuz the Col. don't look nothing like Assad.

  10. #40
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,383

    Re: Assad Confirmed Dead, Iran Attempts To Control Syria Army

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Well lets see...

    Main headline....

    Headline is false.. it is not the same as to the link it is linking too, and the content of that link does not state that they are seizing all citizens cash, which is what the Drudge headline implies. It is miss-leading at best, and out right biased at worst. Why? oh yea, Drudge is a right wing site, and most American right wingers hate Europe and the EU. So plastering that headline does nothing but promote that idea. Fact is, it is the wealthy in 2 banks who are going to have money taken and most of them are not even citizens, but residents. So not only is the headline miss-leading but it is actually factually wrong.

    And then there is the headline about the protests in France about gay marriage. It is quite funny...

    Drudge writes..

    "Hundreds of thousands take to Paris streets to protest gay marriage..."

    While the actual headline states

    "Clashes, riot police at French anti-gay marriage protest"

    Oh yea Drudge never writes anything bad about the right wing... so he tries to promote his homophobic right wing views by downplaying the violent protests among right wing bigots in France... go figure! Usually he would go after France no matter what, but when it comes to his fellow right wingers and gay marriage he downplays things...

    There are similar examples day after day.

    Drudge is a hack of the right wing. He has lost all credibility. He use to be quite good at the start, but since he went right wing neo con nuts, then his site quality has gone down big time.
    Ok, you gave me something to look at. Drudge does mention hundreds of thousands protesting in Paris, and the headlines are somewhat different, but the 2nd paragraph in the actual story mentions "Hundreds of thousands of people" converging on the capital.

    No where does Drudge say that all citizens cash is being seized, you added the "all". He says that "Cyprus to seize citizens' cash...". The fact that it is from two banks isn't emphasized by Drudge but he is highlighting a new strategy of taxing bank accounts which to most people is alarming. Perhaps not to you, but I haven't read any of your comments on that issue.

    Drudge is definitely pro gun rights and he often has stories, like the one about Jim Carrey and others who make money in using guns in movies but wants more gun control in society. Not sure how he feels about gay rights, I had always heard that he was gay, but I don't really care.

    You are thus far, unconvincing.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •