Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 151

Thread: Karl Rove: 'I Could' Imagine Next GOP Presidential Nominee Supporting Gay Marriage

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Karl Rove: 'I Could' Imagine Next GOP Presidential Nominee Supporting Gay Marriag

    Quote Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
    You need to revisit the 9th amendment.
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    Furthermore, you can't make your argument unless you object to Loving v Virginia as well, which also infringed upon the states' rights to define marriage.
    The only way Loving v Virginia had standing is by first acknowledging that marriage was a right, which was already established in other previous rulings.


    I am curious how long it will take for Congress to pass the next amedment. The last attempt was the DOMA amendment attempt.
    I think we won't see any amendments from Congress for a long time.
    Reread the Ninth and recognize where it says "by the people."

    There should be no precedence out there because the SCOTUS has absolutely zero authority over marriage - it's a Tenth Amendment issue, and if these clowns want to make it a federal issue then they can attempt to amend the Constitution.

    The proponents of gay marriage cant do that (progressives in general) so they argue (or interpret) language despite the fact the Bill of Rights and Constitution is about as blunt as a Dr. Seuss book...

  2. #52
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Karl Rove: 'I Could' Imagine Next GOP Presidential Nominee Supporting Gay Marriag

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It's different because homosexuality is abnormal -.
    That is simply YOUR OPINION.

  3. #53
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Karl Rove: 'I Could' Imagine Next GOP Presidential Nominee Supporting Gay Marriag

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    RINO's hate libertarians...
    They are IDENTICAL!

  4. #54
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Karl Rove: 'I Could' Imagine Next GOP Presidential Nominee Supporting Gay Marriag

    [QUOTE=Mr.Nick;1061607165

    I find it amusing how the progressive atheists sit there an attempt to imply evangelicals should be perfect.... [/QUOTE]

    No, they should practice what they preach and not be hypocrites.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Karl Rove: 'I Could' Imagine Next GOP Presidential Nominee Supporting Gay Marriag

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I didn't. I thought you were trying to make a funny.
    "Flaunting your heterosexuality" in the same context implies groping women in public so everyone knows how straight you are. I said that's sexual assault or at least very strongly frowned upon.

  6. #56
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Karl Rove: 'I Could' Imagine Next GOP Presidential Nominee Supporting Gay Marriag

    In real life I try not to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    "Flaunting your heterosexuality" in the same context implies groping women in public so everyone knows how straight you are. I said that's sexual assault or at least very strongly frowned upon.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Karl Rove: 'I Could' Imagine Next GOP Presidential Nominee Supporting Gay Marriag

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    That is simply YOUR OPINION.
    Well, I by no means am a homophobe, but I will say that whether his comment is a fact or fiction depends on its context. To say heterosexuality is socially normal, is in fact, an opinion.
    However, in strictly biological context, the only purpose of our species is to be able to reproduce. That is the theory of evolution. Considering homosexual couples cannot naturally conceive children with third party participants, it is fair game to say that heterosexuality is biologically necessary for survival while homosexuality is not. That would be a fact. Just something to think about.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Karl Rove: 'I Could' Imagine Next GOP Presidential Nominee Supporting Gay Marriag

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    In real life I try not to do that.
    Obviously, but I think you understand my point that being homosexual doesn't give one a different set of rules.

  9. #59
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Karl Rove: 'I Could' Imagine Next GOP Presidential Nominee Supporting Gay Marriag

    That was a joke. See post 24 for my real opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Obviously, but I think you understand my point that being homosexual doesn't give one a different set of rules.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #60
    User foundit66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    01-26-16 @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    119

    Re: Karl Rove: 'I Could' Imagine Next GOP Presidential Nominee Supporting Gay Marriag

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Reread the Ninth and recognize where it says "by the people."
    I just quoted it for you.
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    "by the people" doesn't change anything to eliminate my point.
    The point is that you were complaining that marriage was not listed as a right in the constitution.
    Doesn't matter.
    9th amendment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    There should be no precedence out there because the SCOTUS has absolutely zero authority over marriage - it's a Tenth Amendment issue, and if these clowns want to make it a federal issue then they can attempt to amend the Constitution.
    Again, Loving v Virginia.
    If you read the ruling, you would see that one of the first things they had to do is establish WHY they had grounds to rule on the issue.
    And they did show that. They established marriage WAS a constitutionally protected right.

    You don't seem to recognize that if marriage is NOT a constitutionally protected right, then there is no grounds for SCOTUS to rule in Loving v Virginia and the ruling cannot have existed in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The proponents of gay marriage cant do that (progressives in general) so they argue (or interpret) language despite the fact the Bill of Rights and Constitution is about as blunt as a Dr. Seuss book...
    Again, 9th amendment...
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    Just cause marriage is not explicitly listed DOES NOT mean it isn't a right "retained by the people".
    "(Gay marriage) is a debate about whether you think gay people are part of the human condition or just a random fetish."
    -- Jon Stewart

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •