Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 405

Thread: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

  1. #31
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Thanks for finding that... I suck at Google.

    Actually, though, it gave me the creeps all over again, the way she was kinda crying, then would suddenly stop to point out the house where she took the baby and give the address, then back to kinda crying...

    Bah, I'm suspicious, what can I say? And that Barney Fife police department that immediately scooped up two kids then held a press conference to basically tell the world that their town was really a safe town, blah-blah-blah, more PR, more blah-blah...

    I hope those kids are guilty, because I have a gut feeling they're going down for this no matter what.
    Kind of looked quite like a susan smith press conference.



    This is terrible no matter what way the chips fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,698

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Thanks for finding that... I suck at Google.

    Actually, though, it gave me the creeps all over again, the way she was kinda crying, then would suddenly stop to point out the house where she took the baby and give the address, then back to kinda crying...

    Bah, I'm suspicious, what can I say? And that Barney Fife police department that immediately scooped up two kids then held a press conference to basically tell the world that their town was really a safe town, blah-blah-blah, more PR, more blah-blah...

    I hope those kids are guilty, because I have a gut feeling they're going down for this no matter what.
    I'm certainly no medical professional (but I did watch a lot of 'Quincy') but I'm pretty sure that an autopsy will show whether the kid was shot at roughly the same time she says he was or not. If the cops grabbed a couple of kids and identified one of them I'm going to have to assume that they are involved in some way but after watching the interview I'm just not too sure what that way is.

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,356

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    I'm willing to wait for more investigation. It does seem like too many questions at this point.

    Regarding the OP, the cops seem to be doing OK. They have a couple of suspects in custody but still investigating. The fact that suspect walked up to the cops and asked what was going on troubles me some, and daddy lives across the street? I'm sure that the public has only a small part of the info at present.

    What I do hope is that this is treated like the murder it is and not turned into some sort of a racial issue either way.

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,928

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Here's what I thought was linguistically peculiar when I read about this shooting several hours ago (and I can't remember where I first read this, but I did Google just now because I read this quote at more than one site): ""The boy proceeded to go around to the stroller and he shot my baby in the face," she said. "And then he just shoved me when I started screaming and he ran down London Street with the little boy."

    Two teen boys arrested in shooting death of Georgia infant in stroller | Fox News

    Maybe this is poor reporting, but what mom refers to her own kid as "the little boy"?

  5. #35
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,698

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Here's what I thought was linguistically peculiar when I read about this shooting several hours ago (and I can't remember where I first read this, but I did Google just now because I read this quote at more than one site): ""The boy proceeded to go around to the stroller and he shot my baby in the face," she said. "And then he just shoved me when I started screaming and he ran down London Street with the little boy."

    Two teen boys arrested in shooting death of Georgia infant in stroller | Fox News

    Maybe this is poor reporting, but what mom refers to her own kid as "the little boy"?
    In that particular quote she seems to be talking about the younger of the two assailants but in the video interview she did it is as you say and she never mentions her child's name.

  6. #36
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,809

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Early on there were comments about "inconsistencies" in the mother's story. She was just so... into addressing the crush of reporters. She even pulled back her hair and shove her ear toward the nearest camera to show where one of the bullets grazed her (couldn't see so much as a scratch, although camera's aren't exactly HD in the field). She was also shot... in the leg... while the baby was shot square in the face.

    Something in her words... I'm paraphrasing somewhat because I can't recall exactly... "They told me to give them money. I said I don't have any money. They reached for my purse. They said they'd kill my baby. I said no, don't kill my baby. Then they shot me and killed my baby." First, though, she went through this detailed description of how she decided to go for a walk because she realized she didn't get out enough, and it would be good for her to get out, and how she was so close to home when it happened (although nobody saw or heard a thing). Also, she said they ran off but didn't mention whether they'd taken her purse or not.

    After that she went into great detail about grabbing her baby and looking for a safe place, went into a stranger's driveway (although she was just a few doors from her home) and tried to give cpr, describing how she could see the baby's chest moving, but he wasn't breathing on his own, and then the police came and they did cpr too, but "then we lost him."

    You know, that's just a bunch of details that most traumatized parents wouldn't be sharing in an almost enthusiastic manner during a press briefing. I got a really nape-hairs-prickling vibe from her, that's all.
    Drug deal gone bad? Kids threaten to shoot the woman, she jumps around to avoid being shot and the shooter hits the baby by mistake. That doesn't change the fact the baby was shot, but it may explain how and mom's less than convincing story.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  7. #37
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,694

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    I live here in Brunswick, and I have a couple of things to add.

    First of all, the shooting happened one street over from where my daughter used to go to school. It is a terrible school - 9 different buildings with no security, no locks on the doors. 3 SRO officers for 1,800 students. The day I pulled my daughter out of there, a student had been caught with a 9mm. The "student" was 19, and a felon. So I'm not at all surprised that this happened.

    That being said - I, too, wondered why she so quickly agreed to an interview. Most "grieving" parents won't give interviews at all, or at least for a very long time. She was on the very next day. Secondly - and this is weird. This is not the first child she has lost. Several years ago, according to her interview, she lost an 18 year old son to violence. According to her story, he was protecting his girlfriend and got stabbed. According to the police file and affadavits in New Jersey, this son, along with 4 other boys, texted a girl to come meet them in an abandoned alley (paraphrasing). It sounded to me like they were going to get this girl alone and have their way with her. Something happened, he pulled a knife, someone else grabbed it and he got stabbed with his own knife.

    At first, I was pissed that the News was turning this around, and making her look like a liar. After all, she was a Mom who'd lost two sons. Then I realized that the affadavits sounded like the 5 boys were intentionally tricking this girl into meeting them, so they could gang rape her.

    So the Mom lied about that - it is tough to believe whether or not she's telling the truth about this.

    I will say, though, that that part of town is terrible. No one goes out there after dark. The news made it sound like Brunswick is this sleepy little coastal seaside town. My side of town, on the other side of the bridge, is quiet and nobody bothers anybody else. But holy cow, you cross the bridge to go into Brunswick, and it's like Beirut in some places. I do all my shopping the next town over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  8. #38
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I live here in Brunswick, and I have a couple of things to add.

    First of all, the shooting happened one street over from where my daughter used to go to school. It is a terrible school - 9 different buildings with no security, no locks on the doors. 3 SRO officers for 1,800 students. The day I pulled my daughter out of there, a student had been caught with a 9mm. The "student" was 19, and a felon. So I'm not at all surprised that this happened.

    That being said - I, too, wondered why she so quickly agreed to an interview. Most "grieving" parents won't give interviews at all, or at least for a very long time. She was on the very next day. Secondly - and this is weird. This is not the first child she has lost. Several years ago, according to her interview, she lost an 18 year old son to violence. According to her story, he was protecting his girlfriend and got stabbed. According to the police file and affadavits in New Jersey, this son, along with 4 other boys, texted a girl to come meet them in an abandoned alley (paraphrasing). It sounded to me like they were going to get this girl alone and have their way with her. Something happened, he pulled a knife, someone else grabbed it and he got stabbed with his own knife.

    At first, I was pissed that the News was turning this around, and making her look like a liar. After all, she was a Mom who'd lost two sons. Then I realized that the affadavits sounded like the 5 boys were intentionally tricking this girl into meeting them, so they could gang rape her.

    So the Mom lied about that - it is tough to believe whether or not she's telling the truth about this.

    I will say, though, that that part of town is terrible. No one goes out there after dark. The news made it sound like Brunswick is this sleepy little coastal seaside town. My side of town, on the other side of the bridge, is quiet and nobody bothers anybody else. But holy cow, you cross the bridge to go into Brunswick, and it's like Beirut in some places. I do all my shopping the next town over.

    well, tbf, I probably wouldnt advertise the fact that my dead son dies while trying to seemingly commit gang rape. Not to mention the real possibility that she could actually believe the above story, being that would be a pretty hard thing to accept about your child, let alone a dead one

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Personally, I hope they get punished to the full extent of the law, if they are tried and found guilty. Little scumbags.
    I generally don't support the death penalty, however in cases like this I believe it should be implemented.

    The sick bastard (or some sick bastard) shot a baby in the face because the mother didn't have any money.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I live here in Brunswick, and I have a couple of things to add.

    First of all, the shooting happened one street over from where my daughter used to go to school. It is a terrible school - 9 different buildings with no security, no locks on the doors. 3 SRO officers for 1,800 students. The day I pulled my daughter out of there, a student had been caught with a 9mm. The "student" was 19, and a felon. So I'm not at all surprised that this happened.

    That being said - I, too, wondered why she so quickly agreed to an interview. Most "grieving" parents won't give interviews at all, or at least for a very long time. She was on the very next day. Secondly - and this is weird. This is not the first child she has lost. Several years ago, according to her interview, she lost an 18 year old son to violence. According to her story, he was protecting his girlfriend and got stabbed. According to the police file and affadavits in New Jersey, this son, along with 4 other boys, texted a girl to come meet them in an abandoned alley (paraphrasing). It sounded to me like they were going to get this girl alone and have their way with her. Something happened, he pulled a knife, someone else grabbed it and he got stabbed with his own knife.

    At first, I was pissed that the News was turning this around, and making her look like a liar. After all, she was a Mom who'd lost two sons. Then I realized that the affadavits sounded like the 5 boys were intentionally tricking this girl into meeting them, so they could gang rape her.

    So the Mom lied about that - it is tough to believe whether or not she's telling the truth about this.

    I will say, though, that that part of town is terrible. No one goes out there after dark. The news made it sound like Brunswick is this sleepy little coastal seaside town. My side of town, on the other side of the bridge, is quiet and nobody bothers anybody else. But holy cow, you cross the bridge to go into Brunswick, and it's like Beirut in some places. I do all my shopping the next town over.
    Maybe she has Münchausen syndrome by proxy.

    Münchausen syndrome by proxy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •