Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 405

Thread: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

  1. #231
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,577

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I think she would only be a target if this were a Susan Smith-like scenario.

    As far as her reluctance, I agree she wouldn't shy away because of media scrutiny. I was saying what **I** would be tempted to do in a similar situation.
    Gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    oh no no no no no. I'm so sorry, hon. I didn't see where you quoted me. Noooooo.

    I was just pissed that the baby had been cremated. I live here and didn't even know that. That's why I said that.

    I'm so sorry.
    No problem. Thanks for clearing it up.

  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    This case is just moving so fast that I don't see how the police could have done a thorough investigation in such a short time. I mean the shooting occurred on Thursday and on Friday the two juveniles were arrested and by Monday they were charged with murder?

    And the grieving mother is another story. I don't find it proper police work if the two were arrested and charged based solely on this mother's identification. And now the family members of one juvenile defendant were arrested also for making false statement which wasn't disclosed so far. I'm very concerned about this police dept's hasty and hard-handed approach that I see so far.

  4. #234
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,403

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    If this case weren't so tragic, I'd be tempted to grab some popcorn. Before all is said and done, it's going to be quite the drama.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Something just keeps nagging me ...

    "But they were able to track down the two suspects and take them into custody, aided by a description from West and others, as well as a check of school attendance records to determine who was not in class Thursday."

    15-Year-Old Faces Murder Charge in Baby Shooting | 5NEWSOnline.com

    Arresting someone for a murder crime based solely on "a check of school attendance to determine who was not in class" and the description of the woman, is this enough of a probable cause?

  6. #236
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,577

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    They found the gun. It's a little confusing, but something about the Mother and Aunt giving up information that led to the location of the gun. The article wasn't 100% clear on that.

    Anyway, the gun is being kept in salt water and sent away to the lab to check for prints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  7. #237
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,403

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    They found the gun. It's a little confusing, but something about the Mother and Aunt giving up information that led to the location of the gun. The article wasn't 100% clear on that.

    Anyway, the gun is being kept in salt water and sent away to the lab to check for prints.
    When you say the mother, do you mean Sherry West the toddler's mother, or the suspect's mother?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #238
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,820

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Arresting someone for a murder crime based solely on "a check of school attendance to determine who was not in class" and the description of the woman, is this enough of a probable cause?
    Now that is a good question!

    I wonder how many black teenagers were not in school that day.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #239
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,925

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    I just hope the call for reason and justice overcomes the desire for revenge.

    Vengeance does not equal justice.

  10. #240
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,577

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    When you say the mother, do you mean Sherry West the toddler's mother, or the suspect's mother?
    The Suspect's mother. Elkins' mother was arrested this morning for giving the police false statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •