Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 405

Thread: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

  1. #221
    User Common's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-17-13 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    53

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    I doubt it. There's a lot of people in downtown brunswick during the morning for high school and work. I feel as if someone else would have already come out and said something if anyone else had done it. Idk honestly there's a lot of murders in Brunswick this one's just a baby though which is why it's in the news

  2. #222
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I doubt it. There's a lot of people in downtown brunswick during the morning for high school and work. I feel as if someone else would have already come out and said something if anyone else had done it. Idk honestly there's a lot of murders in Brunswick this one's just a baby though which is why it's in the news
    I know. I posted that a couple of days ago. I live in Brunswick, too, and used to have to drive my daughter to GA in the mornings, and there were people all OVER the place. They were like ants on a picnic basket - you didn't go anywhere without people walking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  3. #223
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,291

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Considering she gave an interview the night of the child being murdered entails she's somewhat insane. Her sanity set aside though, an innocent child was still murdered. I've heard more in town than what these people are posting links to. I'd think it's safe to say the two guys are the killers.
    I think I'd have to say, like what? Hearsay, and innuendo, Rumor, and speculation is not the benchmark of what we convict people of 1st degree murder of in this country. People talking happens when ever there is a shocking event like this in a town.

    I'm not saying that the two young men are innocent mind you, just that I want to know more before I just blindly jump on the band wagon.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #224
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    De'Marquise Elkins, Charged With Murder Of 13-Month-Old Antonio Santiago, Is Not Guilty, Lawyer Says

    The 17 yo boy is now charged with murder. That's incredibly fast given that we don't know what kind of investigation and incriminating evidence the police has to support the charge other than "West has said she picked the gunman out of a photo lineup of 24 mugshots and insists he killed her baby."

    If that's all the police has, than it's a travesty of justice to put this boy and his poor family through this crisis.
    The high-profile status and emotion further confirms my belief that they are acting too fast.


    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I would hope that the police wouldn't give too much weight to a relative giving the alibi.
    Police are human, and as such are prone to believing or disbelieving what they want to believe. It is not uncommon for a detective, or even a whole department, to get it in their mind that a particular person is guilty, then go on to essentially build a case around that person to the point of ignoring more solid evidence pointing elsewhere.


    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Then we need to know how the 14 yo was interrogated. Was any adult with him during the interrogation? Any legal representation? Any video or audio evidence? I'd not trust the police absolutely without question, especially when it comes to minors.

    More importantly, where are the physical or forensic evidence?
    How many hours did the detective "tag team" him and wear him down for a name?


    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    The family held a memorial service for the baby, and the mother didn't show. Two stories have surfaced as to why she didn't show. Firstly, she said she was afraid she was a target, and didn't want to go. Second story was that it just hurt too much to go.

    Seriously? She didn't go?
    Target for what?

    Though if it were me, I would be reluctant to go because I wouldn't want to be hounded by the media. Given that the baby is already cremated (which seems odd, given the crime aspect), there's no hurry. They could have waited for the attention to lessen.

    I also would not have given all the interviews she has, either.


    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Considering she gave an interview the night of the child being murdered entails she's somewhat insane. Her sanity set aside though, an innocent child was still murdered. I've heard more in town than what these people are posting links to. I'd think it's safe to say the two guys are the killers.
    I think I'd have to say, like what? Hearsay, and innuendo, Rumor, and speculation is not the benchmark of what we convict people of 1st degree murder of in this country. People talking happens when ever there is a shocking event like this in a town.

    I'm not saying that the two young men are innocent mind you, just that I want to know more before I just blindly jump on the band wagon.
    Bingo. Rumor, gossip, and hearsay can make anybody sound guilty of anything. Pretty low standard of discernment, really.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #225
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Here's the cremation part:

    [/FONT][/COLOR]A private memorial service was held Friday morning for the baby, who was cremated, according to West. She said the family is working with the Catholic relief organization Society of St. Vincent de Paul to help with unforeseen expenses.


    http://5newsonline.com/2013/03/25/15-year-old-faces-murder-charge-in-baby-shooting/


    15-Year-Old Faces Murder Charge in Baby Shooting | 5NEWSOnline.com

    I am stunned.

    That would not have allowed time for an autopsy.
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  6. #226
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen
    Target for what?

    Though if it were me, I would be reluctant to go because I wouldn't want to be hounded by the media. Given that the baby is already cremated (which seems odd, given the crime aspect), there's no hurry. They could have waited for the attention to lessen.
    Target for retaliation from the black community.

    And I doubt her reluctance to go is because she didn't want to be hounded by the media. Good grief, the lady was on the news the very next day, "oh somebody killed my baby, somebody shot my baby." She's given interviews to several different media outlets, so she has no problem being hounded by the media. It wouldn't surprise me if she was seeking them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  7. #227
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,291

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Target for retaliation from the black community.

    And I doubt her reluctance to go is because she didn't want to be hounded by the media. Good grief, the lady was on the news the very next day, "oh somebody killed my baby, somebody shot my baby." She's given interviews to several different media outlets, so she has no problem being hounded by the media. It wouldn't surprise me if she was seeking them out.
    To what ends? Not saying you're wrong here, but if this is the case, the only reason I can think of logically is what I was saying before, that it sounds like she owed whom ever did this money for drugs, or something equally illegal, and due to her stated response to the killer of "I don't have it", would make more sense in her seeking out media to construct a victim persona in the popular opinion realm....

    We see all sorts of horrible things done by parents, stories of babies sold to drug dealers for drugs, children raped for drugs, etc....This story smacks of that sort of thing, but that is just my own speculation.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #228
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Target for retaliation from the black community.

    And I doubt her reluctance to go is because she didn't want to be hounded by the media. Good grief, the lady was on the news the very next day, "oh somebody killed my baby, somebody shot my baby." She's given interviews to several different media outlets, so she has no problem being hounded by the media. It wouldn't surprise me if she was seeking them out.
    I think she would only be a target if this were a Susan Smith-like scenario.

    As far as her reluctance, I agree she wouldn't shy away because of media scrutiny. I was saying what **I** would be tempted to do in a similar situation.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #229
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    To what ends? Not saying you're wrong here, but if this is the case, the only reason I can think of logically is what I was saying before, that it sounds like she owed whom ever did this money for drugs, or something equally illegal, and due to her stated response to the killer of "I don't have it", would make more sense in her seeking out media to construct a victim persona in the popular opinion realm....

    We see all sorts of horrible things done by parents, stories of babies sold to drug dealers for drugs, children raped for drugs, etc....This story smacks of that sort of thing, but that is just my own speculation.
    I agree J. Ever since I first saw that first interview, I knew something was off. She isn't innocent, by any stretch. She's just sketchy. I certainly hope the police don't let her run back to NJ like she's planning on doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  10. #230
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,637

    Re: Police arrest 2 teens in georgia baby's killing

    WOW. Both the Mother and the Aunt of Demarquis Elkins were arrested this morning for filing a false statement with police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •