Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 172

Thread: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

  1. #41
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    I carried a firearm on base and I was not an MP. So did the guards on flightlines etc. I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree on this one. It would be a PITA to issue firearms everyday for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Because only military police are allowed to carry loaded guns on base.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  2. #42
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I carried a firearm on base and I was not an MP. So did the guards on flightlines etc. I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree on this one. It would be a PITA to issue firearms everyday for no reason.
    Guards and MPs, not everyone, that's my point. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, only that it disproves that more guns without controls makes people safer.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #43
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    No it doesnt. I dont think you can generalize military bases to the genreal public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Guards and MPs, not everyone, that's my point. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, only that it disproves that more guns without controls makes people safer.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  4. #44
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    No it doesnt. I dont think you can generalize military bases to the genreal public.
    I don't follow. As you noted soldiers are more disciplined and well behaved than the general public. If you can't trust them with no controls on guns, why would anyone think you could trust US citizens at large with no control on guns?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #45
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Nobody said you cant trust them. The point is there is no reason to issue weapons on a safe base. I noted places I knew of first hand military personnel were issued firearms because it was not safe. You cant generalize the military to the general public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I don't follow. As you noted soldiers are more disciplined and well behaved than the general public. If you can't trust them with no controls on guns, why would anyone think you could trust US citizens at large with no control on guns?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  6. #46
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Nobody said you cant trust them. The point is there is no reason to issue weapons on a safe base. I noted places I knew of first hand military personnel were issued firearms because it was not safe. You cant generalize the military to the general public.
    I disagree. I think the reason the base is safe is because guns are tightly controlled.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #47
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I disagree. I think the reason the base is safe is because guns are tightly controlled.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #48
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Gun Laws at Military Installations

    "Military installations are technically “gun free” zones meaning that military and civilian personnel are prohibited from possessing weapons without special authorization. This policy includes those living on military bases who are not allowed to keep personal weapons in their domiciles. Regulation 90-114 regulates firearms on military bases and was implemented by President Clinton in 1993.

    Authorization Officials


    Law enforcement and security personnel are authorized to carry weapons consistent with their duties by field grade officers-- or the civilian equivalent--of GS-12 or higher. Authorization for carrying a weapon for personal protection is based on case-by-case basis. The Secretary of the Army reserves the right to authorize the carrying of weapons for personal protection within the United States. The carrying of weapons on military installations outside of United States is authorized by the base commanders.

    Authorized Use


    Individuals authorized to carry firearms may be involved in law enforcement or base security, including the protection of military or civilian personnel, protection of classified documents or military equipment, and guarding prisoners. Generally, authority is implied when ammunition is issued with the weapon.

    Firearms Restrictions


    Military or civilian personnel prohibited from carrying weapons on military bases include those who are medically disqualified, have had a security clearance revoked or denied, or those who are taking medication which may impair judgment. Additionally, anyone who has consumed alcohol within the past 8 hours is denied access to firearms."


    Read more: Gun Laws at Military Installations | eHow.com Gun Laws at Military Installations | eHow.com
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Military bases should be gun free zones!
    I guess god told told him heaven needed more heros.

  10. #50
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    I am still not getting your point. How do you like the monkey smilie?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •