Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 172

Thread: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

  1. #31
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You didn't address my question. If more guns make people safer, why are they not allowed to be carried by everyone on military bases?

    If guns are not necessary for defense, why do police carry them?

  2. #32
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    For one thing, it would be a logistics nightmare. Generally military bases are safe.
    Yes, but aren't they generally safe because guns are not allowed to be carried except by military police?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #33
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    If guns are not necessary for defense, why do police carry them?
    You misunderstood my question.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #34
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    No, generally military bases are safe because most military people are disciplined and well behaved, or they would be thrown out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yes, but aren't they generally safe because guns are not allowed to be carried except by military police?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base - U.S. News

    A Marine opened fire on two of his comrades Thursday night at a base in Quantico, Va., before turning the gun on himself, leaving all three dead, military officials said.
    A relationship dispute was believed to be behind the shooting, which occurred in the staff barracks area of the Officer Candidates School at Marine Corps Base Quantico in Northern Virginia, a Marine official said.


    Very sad.
    Wait, this happened on a marine base with other marines? What happened to having guns deterring people from committing crimes? Surely being one of america's most highly trained and powerful armed service people with access to firearms would have stopped this from happening as per the declarations of the NRA and the guntards? Surely this guy was shot and stopped by some courageous gun weailding soldier....Oh wait, he was shot by himself, so i guess that counts? Oh, and wouldn't this have been a legal gun owners shooting people?

  6. #36
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    No, generally military bases are safe because most military people are disciplined and well behaved, or they would be thrown out.
    If they are disciplined and well behaved why are they not allowed to carry guns?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #37
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Why check arms and ammo in and out if they are not needed every day? I dont really get your point here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If they are disciplined and well behaved why are they not allowed to carry guns?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #38
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Why check arms and ammo in and out if they are not needed every day? I dont really get your point here.

    Some believe more more guns without controls make the US safer. I am trying to ascertain why the military does not feel the same about more guns without controls on military bases?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #39
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Because they are safe on base. Along these lines I guess I remember back in the 80s a couple of recruiting stations, Gary IN and Detroit, that I know of, the recruiters were armed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Some believe more more guns without controls make the US safer. I am trying to ascertain why the military does not feel the same about more guns without controls on military bases?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #40
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US Marine kills two colleagues at Quantico base

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Because they are safe on base. Along these lines I guess I remember back in the 80s a couple of recruiting stations, Gary IN and Detroit, that I know of, the recruiters were armed.

    Because only military police are allowed to carry loaded guns on base.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •