Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 124

Thread: Guantanamo hunger strike growing

  1. #91
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Guantanamo hunger strike growing

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Hate is not healthy.

    No one has yet dies form water-boarding, but it has saved many lives.
    Me and you do not know that unless you happen to be the overseer of these secret prisons?
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Guantanamo hunger strike growing

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Torture is not designed soley to kill, whether death happens as a result of the torture is a sign of how brutal the interrogators are. Torture is meant to inflict pain, to physically and mentally damage it's victims in order to break down the will to resist.

    Water boarding is torture, it is subjecting the victim to feel the effects of drowning. It is torture.
    Nobody died from water-boarding and it has saved many, many lives. That is the reality.

    It is an excellent means of gaining much needed information and the terrorists have not complained. It is their defenders who do that.

    If terrorists don't like water-boarding perhaps they should pursue other interests.

  3. #93
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Guantanamo hunger strike growing

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Most would prefer we shut down terrorism. I see far more people blaming Americans for their response to terrorism than blaming the terrorists themselves.
    The truth is its both's fault. People may say that I hate America but in fact I love it. America breeds hatred with its foreign policies and others are too willing to use hatred as an excuse to do wrong. Im not saying ITS AMERICAS FAULT. But to say that our foreign policies (Overseas Contingency Operations) do not breed terrorists is dishonest.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Guantanamo hunger strike growing

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Me and you do not know that unless you happen to be the overseer of these secret prisons?
    In fact neither of knows what goes on in any prisons anywhere. We have to assume that laws are being followed and responsibilities carried out.

    Why this interest in Gitmo?

    Certainly there are other prisons around the world that have more serious problems than Gitmo. Why focus your attention on the well being of terrorists?

    Mexico-Prison Conditions Criminal Justice System

    Inside the UK's toughest youth prison - Mirror Online

  5. #95
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Guantanamo hunger strike growing

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Nobody died from water-boarding and it has saved many, many lives. That is the reality.

    It is an excellent means of gaining much needed information and the terrorists have not complained. It is their defenders who do that.

    If terrorists don't like water-boarding perhaps they should pursue other interests.
    The point of torture is not to kill, it is to break the will to resist.

    How many people were broken mentally due to constant waterboarding? How many took their own lives rather than relive the pain

    We shatter the minds and destroy the very humainity of those we torture and you say we save lives because of it.

    We have damaged more lives by torture than save, and we have lost the moral authority to condem the actions of far worse purpatraitors of torture, such as Uzbekistan and china.

    And the prisioners at gitmo are complaining, that is the purpouse of the hunger strike!

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Guantanamo hunger strike growing

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    The truth is its both's fault.
    Really? How is terrorism America's fault? Do you know that terrorism, islamism,is going on throughout the world regardless of whether Americans are there or not?

    People may say that I hate America but in fact I love it. America breeds hatred with its foreign policies and others are too willing to use hatred as an excuse to do wrong. Im not saying ITS AMERICAS FAULT.
    In fact you just did.

    But to say that our foreign policies (Overseas Contingency Operations) do not breed terrorists is dishonest.
    Nonsense. This is the usual Blame America First propaganda. It happened with Communism as well.

  7. #97
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,520

    Re: Guantanamo hunger strike growing

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    How many people were broken mentally due to constant waterboarding?
    Only three people were waterboarded, and it was not "constant."

    How many took their own lives rather than relive the pain
    All of them are still kicking.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Guantanamo hunger strike growing

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    The point of torture is not to kill, it is to break the will to resist.
    That's not a bad definition.
    How many people were broken mentally due to constant waterboarding? How many took their own lives rather than relive the pain
    I don't know. Do you have the stats?

    We shatter the minds and destroy the very humainity of those we torture and you say we save lives because of it.
    Yes, I said that. Are you not aware of the history?
    We have damaged more lives by torture than save, and we have lost the moral authority to condem the actions of far worse purpatraitors of torture, such as Uzbekistan and china.
    You'll need stats to support your claims, or at least some knowledge of recent history.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Guantanamo hunger strike growing

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Guantanamo hunger strike growing - Americas - Al Jazeera English

    More and more detainees in Guantanamo are on a hunger strike because they thought it was going to close but as we all know they have not. Im not surprised that no media outlet in the US is really reporting on this. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    GREAT IDEA. If they starve to death then we don't have to waste the time trying them before executing them. BEAUTIFUL. Where do I send the note to tell them how much I support their right to starve themselves to death. Only problem is those pesky doctors trying to keep them alive.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Guantanamo hunger strike growing

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    In fact neither of knows what goes on in any prisons anywhere. We have to assume that laws are being followed and responsibilities carried out.

    Why this interest in Gitmo?

    Certainly there are other prisons around the world that have more serious problems than Gitmo. Why focus your attention on the well being of terrorists?

    Mexico-Prison Conditions Criminal Justice System

    Inside the UK's toughest youth prison - Mirror Online
    "Don't throw stones if one lives in a glass house"

    The very fact that gitmo exists means we cannot complain About how other country's run their prisons.

    And just because they are terrorists that does not mean we should take away their humanity.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •