Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 99

Thread: Cardinal says paedophilia 'not a criminal condition'

  1. #31
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Cardinal says paedophilia 'not a criminal condition'

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    When those in charge have covered up crimes time and time again, when those in charge refuse to accept that actions of some of their members are criminal - what should governments do?




    Denying reality is not the way for the Church to move forward.
    It may not be just about the church. South Africa has one of the highest incidences of child sex abuse in the world. It might be worth considering how this may also be a factor in his making this statement.
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    Re: Cardinal says paedophilia 'not a criminal condition'

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    What's the definition of pedophile if not someone who molests children?

    And if they should be killed, then why do you say it's a medical condition? Should we kill all schizophrenics according to your definition of a pedophile?

    I'm not understanding your leaps. Sorry.
    1) You're the one leaping. 2) leap one: you made up your own definition instead of Looking up the definition of Pedophilia in a dictionary ( noun Psychiatry. ped·o·phile
    [ped-uh-fahyl or, esp. British, pee-duh-fahyl]
    an adult who is sexually attracted to young children.)
    3)leap two: your ignorance of schizophrenia. Schizophrenics are not more likely than you or I, to be attracted to children , nor to molest them. 4) leap three; there is no logical connecting between determining whether a person has a medical condition, and determining whether they should be killed. yet you used one to define the other.
    Last edited by AmericanWoman76; 03-17-13 at 07:07 AM. Reason: spelling

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    Re: Cardinal says paedophilia 'not a criminal condition'

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    Being a lover of porn doesn't make you a pedophile. It makes you creepy. But a pedophile molests children. I don't care if they come from being a victim, they are adults who molest children. To try to make this okay because you label it a medical condition is wrong.

    ped·o·phile
    [ped-uh-fahyl or, esp. British, pee-duh-] Show IPA
    noun Psychiatry.
    an adult who is sexually attracted to young children. ___
    It's a medical condition. It's not an action. There are plenty of pedophiles that don't molest children. You would be able to hide your stupidity better if you look words up before using them. ____ Justifying Child Pornography makes you a creepy person. You tried to make it okay, and that is wrong. It also indicates a strong likelihood that you're a pedophile. ________ You falsely accused me of making it okay, and that is slander, which is wrong. Unless you really misread my words to the very opposite of what I said. Big walls of text can be so hard for small minds. _____ You put words in my mouth that I am calling Pedophiles victims, and that is deceit, which is wrong. Unless you really misread my words that badly. Big walls of text can be so hard for small minds.

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cardinal says paedophilia 'not a criminal condition'

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman76 View Post
    ped·o·phile
    [ped-uh-fahyl or, esp. British, pee-duh-] Show IPA
    noun Psychiatry.
    an adult who is sexually attracted to young children. ___
    It's a medical condition. It's not an action. There are plenty of pedophiles that don't molest children. You would be able to hide your stupidity better if you look words up before using them. ____ Justifying Child Pornography makes you a creepy person. You tried to make it okay, and that is wrong. It also indicates a strong likelihood that you're a pedophile. ________ You falsely accused me of making it okay, and that is slander, which is wrong. Unless you really misread my words to the very opposite of what I said. Big walls of text can be so hard for small minds. _____ You put words in my mouth that I am calling Pedophiles victims, and that is deceit, which is wrong. Unless you really misread my words that badly. Big walls of text can be so hard for small minds.
    DSM is the source for what a mental illness is and how it is defined. SO let's look there: Pedophilia | BehaveNet

    Pedophilia





    This Paraphilia is characterized by sexual activity with a child, usually age 13 or younger, or in the case of an adolescent, a child 5 years younger than the pedophile.

    Diagnostic criteria for 302.2 Pedophilia

    (DSM IV - TR)

    (cautionary statement)
    A. Over a period of at least 6 months, recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children (generally age 13 years or younger).
    B. The person has acted on these urges, or the sexual urges or fantasies cause marked distress or interpersonal difficulty.
    C. The person is at least age 16 years and at least 5 years older than the child or children in Criterion A.
    Note: Do not include an individual in late adolescence involved in an ongoing sexual relationship with a 12- or 13-year-old.
    So using the criterion used by mental health professionals, in point of fact you have been wrong, as is the cardinal.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    Re: Cardinal says paedophilia 'not a criminal condition'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    DSM is the source for what a mental illness is and how it is defined. SO let's look there: Pedophilia | BehaveNet



    So using the criterion used by mental health professionals, in point of fact you have been wrong, as is the cardinal.
    Actually, that's the criteria for defining pedophilia as a mental disorder, not the criteria for defining whether or not the person has pedophilia. The criteria for defining anything as a mental disorder is that it must be something that causes a person to be a danger to oneself or to others. Mental health officials totally agree with me, your critical reading skills just suck.

  6. #36
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cardinal says paedophilia 'not a criminal condition'

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman76 View Post
    Actually, that's the criteria for defining pedophilia as a mental disorder, not the criteria for defining whether or not the person has pedophilia. The criteria for defining anything as a mental disorder is that it must be something that causes a person to be a danger to oneself or to others. Mental health officials totally agree with me, your critical reading skills just suck.
    Actually, what you are using is the "popular usage" of the term, not the actual proper usage.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    Re: Cardinal says paedophilia 'not a criminal condition'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, what you are using is the "popular usage" of the term, not the actual proper usage.
    No, I'm using the dictionary definition, you're using the popular usage. after you look up pedophile in the dictionary, look up popular usage in an English language textbook, you're using it wrong.

  8. #38
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cardinal says paedophilia 'not a criminal condition'

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman76 View Post
    No, I'm using the dictionary definition, you're using the popular usage. after you look up pedophile in the dictionary, look up popular usage in an English language textbook, you're using it wrong.
    No, I am using the actual medical definition for diagnosis of pedophilia. That is what is known as going to the proper source for information.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    Re: Cardinal says paedophilia 'not a criminal condition'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, I am using the actual medical definition for diagnosis of pedophilia. That is what is known as going to the proper source for information.
    no, you are using the actual medical definition for diagnosis of pedophilia AS A MENTAL DISORDER. The actual definition of mental disorder is abnormal psychology that causes a person to be a danger to themselves or others. That is known as going to the proper source for information and then USING THAT SOURCE INCORRECTLY. You are basing your incorrect definition of pedophilia as always being a danger to oneself and others, on incorrectly defining pedophilia as synonymous to, , pedophilia AS A MENTAL DISORDER, which is CIRCULAR LOGIC. You are compounding your suckish research skills and your circular logic, By telling me that I'm Incorrectly defining pedophilia as abnormal psychology by actually using the actual medical professionals' definition of pedophilia as abnormal psychology. That is known as going to the proper source for information, you are just calling it incorrect use.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Cardinal says paedophilia 'not a criminal condition'

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    LOL! Ahhh, here's a wild guess. If the Church is shucking and jiving as much you claim everyone else is, what's the point of Church?
    Exactly, to those in power or shall I say leadership positions, the rules do not apply. It is basically the same with our politicians. But those who very religious and supposedly observe the ten commandments along with other vows, should be held to a higher standard. Castration and ex-communications works for me.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •