Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 82

Thread: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    The United States was built upon a Capitalist Foundation which is what made it so tremendously successful and wealthy, attracting millions of immigrants from all over the world to participate in the American Dream_

    And you're telling me that the "Conservatives"(right-wing of politics) are the only ones supporting Capitalism?!

    By your rationale, am I to assume that the "Progressives"(left-wing of politics) are in opposition to Capitalism?!

    By golly notquiteright, I think I'm going to have to agree that you arequiteright on this one!

    As is the oppressive restrictive system of Socialism_

    As is a Representative Republic, which is what the US happens to be_

    Corporate Profit opens doors to opportunity, innovation, jobs and tax revenue__A win-win for everybody_
    Marxism, the engine that drives the Progressive Machine, preaches that corporations are evil entities that are the creation of Capitalism which is the number one enemy and primary obstacle of Socialism_
    No sweetie, you can twist it anyway you want, but you are putting the horse before the cart.

    Capitalism isn't 'politics' but economics. Conservatives are hog wild for 'cutting red tape' and causing cyclic depressions while progressives are just as adamant in putting up firewalls that may SLOW over heated economies but insure once the capitalist 'invisible hand' has finished we have a safety net for the wage earner.

    Your concept of a capitalist foundation is right up there with Christian foundation. While some worship profit over all else there was a time when the village common didn't mean land for a speculator to put condos on.

    Once we had a national motto E pluribus unum.

    Some now think it means many work for the good of 1%...

    Corporate profits don't open any doors except perhaps in Congress. Once a stock value meant something about the company, now it is just another casino keno number.

    Your rough concepts on capitalism, corporations, conservatives and progressives sounds like 50's grade school pap with a good dose of Daddy's knee thrown in.

  2. #72
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bluegrass
    Last Seen
    03-25-13 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by mr4anarchy View Post
    Monopoly rights?

    Oh, I see, you still buy into that "liberal media" myth. That billion-dollar corporations would promote a daily liberal narrative.

    Media is neither left or right. Media is Government propaganda.

  3. #73
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bluegrass
    Last Seen
    03-25-13 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    What democrats fail to realize is that the richest people in Congress are Democrats.

  4. #74
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    No sweetie, you can twist it anyway you want, but you are putting the horse before the cart.

    Capitalism isn't 'politics' but economics. Conservatives are hog wild for 'cutting red tape' and causing cyclic depressions while progressives are just as adamant in putting up firewalls that may SLOW over heated economies but insure once the capitalist 'invisible hand' has finished we have a safety net for the wage earner.

    Your concept of a capitalist foundation is right up there with Christian foundation. While some worship profit over all else there was a time when the village common didn't mean land for a speculator to put condos on.

    Once we had a national motto E pluribus unum.

    Some now think it means many work for the good of 1%...

    Corporate profits don't open any doors except perhaps in Congress. Once a stock value meant something about the company, now it is just another casino keno number.

    Your rough concepts on capitalism, corporations, conservatives and progressives sounds like 50's grade school pap with a good dose of Daddy's knee thrown in.
    Like so many, you are a prime example of Marxist indoctrination and propaganda_

    Even though I never attended public schools, I did experience it in the hallowed halls of higher learning_

    Unfortunately the universities are filled with rebellious young minds and radicals anxious to recruit them_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  5. #75
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,951
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by aejaxe6 View Post
    What democrats fail to realize is that the richest people in Congress are Democrats.
    Actually when looking at the top 20 richest members in congress, it is splitt 10-10. But when only looking at the top 10, Democrats hold 7 of those positions.


    1 Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas) $294.21 Million
    2 Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.)$220.40 million
    3 Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) $193.07 Million
    4 Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) $81.63 Million
    5 Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) $76.30 Million
    6 Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) $65.91Million
    7 Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) $55.07 Million
    8 Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) $52.93 Million
    9 Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) $45.39 Million
    10 Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-Fla.) $44.21Million
    11 Rep. Jim Renacci (R-Ohio) $35.87 Million
    12 Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) $35.20 Million
    13 Rep. Rick Berg (R-N.D.) $21.60 Million
    14 Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) $21.18 Million
    15 Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-N.J.) $20.35Million
    16 Sen. James Risch (R-Idaho) $19.78 Million
    17 Rep. Gary Miller (R-Calif.) $17.45 Million
    18 Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) $17.00 Million
    19 Rep. Kenny Marchant (R-Texas) $16.45 Million
    109 Rep. Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.) $15.46 million
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,839

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Nope, none of this is true. Fox, in contrast to MSNBC, always has people on to represent both sides of a political dispute. MSNBC almost never has anyone on except those who support their leftist viewpoint. The main part of Fox's programming day is shows like Hannity and O'Reilly who have never made any bones about their ideological slant and have never represented themselves as being anything other than commentators. But even they consistently have people from the other side on their shows.

    You draw a false equivalence. Fox is nothing like MSNBC. Fox is much much better and more fair. I don't see how anyone could miss this except as a deliberate effort to misrepresent.

    When Fox replaces their absurd morning show Fox & Friends with a show led by a retired liberal Democratic politician then we might see some "balance" at FauxNews.


    qm.gif
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  7. #77
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,572
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    When Fox replaces their absurd morning show Fox & Friends with a show led by a retired liberal Democratic politician then we might see some "balance" at FauxNews.
    Somehow the attachment didn't produce an image, but I'm assuming you mean Joe Scarboro. I'll raise you Bob Beckel and Juan Williams, both of whom lead segments on a regular basis on Fox News, neither of which are the least bit shy about asserting liberal positions.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  8. #78
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,839

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Somehow the attachment didn't produce an image, but I'm assuming you mean Joe Scarboro. I'll raise you Bob Beckel and Juan Williams, both of whom lead segments on a regular basis on Fox News, neither of which are the least bit shy about asserting liberal positions.

    One, Juan Williams was dropped by PBS for racism - so that makes him a 'real' liberal
    Two, Bob Beckel is not a liberal, rather he is one of those Blue Dog Dems. The Five’s Bob Beckel Is Furious, Tells ‘Idiotic’ CBS Executives To ‘Shove It’ | Mediaite and he is apparently not very bright or incredibly out of the news circuit these days, Liberal Bob Beckel: Women don't need guns because campus rape isn't common - Washington Times


    Like I posted earlier, let Roger Ailes provide 15 hours a week, anytime between 7AM and 10PM to a former Democratic congress critter and then FauxNews might actually claim the description, "Fair and Balanced"
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  9. #79
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,572
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    One, Juan Williams was dropped by PBS for racism - so that makes him a 'real' liberal
    Two, Bob Beckel is not a liberal, rather he is one of those Blue Dog Dems. The Five’s Bob Beckel Is Furious, Tells ‘Idiotic’ CBS Executives To ‘Shove It’ | Mediaite and he is apparently not very bright or incredibly out of the news circuit these days, Liberal Bob Beckel: Women don't need guns because campus rape isn't common - Washington Times


    Like I posted earlier, let Roger Ailes provide 15 hours a week, anytime between 7AM and 10PM to a former Democratic congress critter and then FauxNews might actually claim the description, "Fair and Balanced"
    Meh. If you don't like those liberals Fox has plenty more. And it's pretty weak to call Williams a racist, don't you think? Is identity politics all you guys know?

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    This is going to go over big. Just like Fox's 1/2 Hour News Hour, the pinnacle of rightwing humor. Funny!




Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •