Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 82

Thread: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

  1. #51
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    And shouldn't said corporations then support a "business-friendly" narrative rather than your perception of a "liberal" one?
    You would think, but they willingly and eagerly sacrifice profit for politics in their news departments_

    Which is actually inconsequential because this loss is absorbed by commercial entertainment programming which takes up 95% of all air time making the news irrelevant as "for profit"_

    The great bulk of ABC's NBC's and CBS's revenue is derived from entertainment and for this reason they can sacrifice news integrity for ideopolitical propaganda purposes and still keep the stockholders happy_

    The Top Brass and their news and programming staff are devout Progressive ideologues that consider this meager financial loss to be a major political contribution except tremendously more beneficial than money_

    Loyal liberals try to dismiss the existence of a left-wing media as a right-wing nutcase conspiracy myth but the simple truth is, the majority of the Media and Hollywood industry is controlled by the left which isn't a big secret_

    There's no conspiracy, simply an entertainment industry that is controlled by like-minded ideologues who use their Media-Monopoly to promote their social and political views, policies and candidates_

    Unfortunately when the flow of information is channeled in one direction, the freedom of expression and ideas are silenced and all dissent is demonized by those in control of the flow__Which is where we are now_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  2. #52
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    A conspiracy theory like "massive liberal media bias" has more followers but that doesn't make it more accurate.

    The media has a financial bias, a sensational bias (which is related to the financial bias), and a bias towards laziness.
    Please, this is for everyone _As I have stated many times, there is no "left-wing media bias conspiracy"_

    There are no evil conspirators in foster grants meeting in secret board rooms to plan the degree of media lean_

    There is simply an entertainment industry that is overwhelmingly controlled by like minded left-wing ideologues_

    Are you really surprised that people who control the media would use it to promote their own views and politics?

    Personally, I'd be more shocked to discover that people in such a position did not take advantage of that power_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Please, this is for everyone _As I have stated many times, there is no "left-wing media bias conspiracy"_

    There are no evil conspirators in foster grants meeting in secret board rooms to plan the degree of media lean_

    There is simply an entertainment industry that is overwhelmingly controlled by like minded left-wing ideologues_

    Are you really surprised that people who control the media would use it to promote their own views and politics?

    Personally, I'd be more shocked to discover that people in such a position did not take advantage of that power_
    What happens is that media employers, especially on the left, tend to hire those who share the same intelligent opinions as themselves. The left even resents Fox news because it is a mix of left and right. Pure left is all many of them can take.

    Of course it has always been a leftist ambition to control education and the media, and they have made amazing advances in that direction.

  4. #54
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,825

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    You would think, but they willingly and eagerly sacrifice profit for politics in their news departments_

    Which is actually inconsequential because this loss is absorbed by commercial entertainment programming which takes up 95% of all air time making the news irrelevant as "for profit"_

    The great bulk of ABC's NBC's and CBS's revenue is derived from entertainment and for this reason they can sacrifice news integrity for ideopolitical propaganda purposes and still keep the stockholders happy_

    The Top Brass and their news and programming staff are devout Progressive ideologues that consider this meager financial loss to be a major political contribution except tremendously more beneficial than money_

    Loyal liberals try to dismiss the existence of a left-wing media as a right-wing nutcase conspiracy myth but the simple truth is, the majority of the Media and Hollywood industry is controlled by the left which isn't a big secret_

    There's no conspiracy, simply an entertainment industry that is controlled by like-minded ideologues who use their Media-Monopoly to promote their social and political views, policies and candidates_

    Unfortunately when the flow of information is channeled in one direction, the freedom of expression and ideas are silenced and all dissent is demonized by those in control of the flow__Which is where we are now_
    "Controlled by" "the left." But it's not a conspiracy theory.

    Maybe you're just far enough off the scale that you wouldn't recognize the "center."
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #55
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    "Controlled by" "the left." But it's not a conspiracy theory.

    Maybe you're just far enough off the scale that you wouldn't recognize the "center."
    Claiming that these two words are the same is either dishonest or incredibly stupid.

    Control - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    Conspire - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    If I say that The Washington Times and The New York Post are both conservative, does that make me some sort of whacked out conspiracy theorist? Of course not. Empirica never even implied that there's a conspiracy.

    strawman.jpg
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  6. #56
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    "Controlled by" "the left." But it's not a conspiracy theory.

    Maybe you're just far enough off the scale that you wouldn't recognize the "center."
    Maybe you're just far enough off the scale that you wouldn't recognize "reality"_

    But, if you're truly interested in the truth it's not that difficult to discover the political preference of Hollywood's and the Main Stream Media's elites_

    Most of these people make no effort to hide their political views or the candidates they support_

    I assure you, they are the who's who of American Progressivism with very few being right of center_

    The only ones in this industry that might actually be politically discreet are the ones who aren't liberal_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  7. #57
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What happens is that media employers, especially on the left, tend to hire those who share the same intelligent opinions as themselves. The left even resents Fox news because it is a mix of left and right. Pure left is all many of them can take.

    Of course it has always been a leftist ambition to control education and the media, and they have made amazing advances in that direction.
    Who could ever honestly say to themselves that Fox News is a mix of left and right wing media?

    Fox has such a strong right wing rhetoric that it doesn't matter if they run a left wing news story because they turn it against them. Fox news is the most blatantly biased news station. MSNBC is a close second.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  8. #58
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    Who could ever honestly say to themselves that Fox News is a mix of left and right wing media?

    Fox has such a strong right wing rhetoric that it doesn't matter if they run a left wing news story because they turn it against them. Fox news is the most blatantly biased news station. MSNBC is a close second.
    MSNBC is overtly liberal. CNN and Fox have opposite biases but are fairly equally biased.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  9. #59
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    MSNBC is overtly liberal. CNN and Fox have opposite biases but are fairly equally biased.
    MSNBC shows mostly left wing news stories so although they are most definetly biased at least they are not dishonest with their coverage, because it's all already in their favor.

    Fox news on the other has coverage of both left and right wing media stories. However they use dishonest rhetoric and lies on such left wing news stories to attempt to spin them in their own favor. So not only is fox news biased, but it's biased and dishonest

    This is what makes Fox News the worst news station.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  10. #60
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Washington Times Creating Conservative TV Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    MSNBC shows mostly left wing news stories so although they are most definetly biased at least they are not dishonest with their coverage, because it's all already in their favor.

    Fox news on the other has coverage of both left and right wing media stories. However they use dishonest rhetoric and lies on such left wing news stories to attempt to spin them in their own favor. So not only is fox news biased, but it's biased and dishonest

    This is what makes Fox News the worst news station.
    I agree that MSNBC is honest about its bias.

    I agree that Fox is dishonest about its bias.

    Where we disagree is the other networks. They're as dishonest as Fox.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •