Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 548

Thread: Food-stamp use doubles

  1. #471
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    This is interesting. Perhaps you could spell out a few of those factors for us.

    Because I can give you some very specific reasons for our nose diving economy and their direct relationship to this President and his ideology.

    But since you claim there are other factors, lets here them.
    Our nose diving economy is directly tied to the philosophies of the American public. Those philosophies have been manipulated by a bunch of politicians and people are dumb enough to fall for it. And pretty much everything that is being done is being done to benefit the rich and powerful in our country. Before we can realistically blame the president, we have to look at ourselves. Now dont get me wrong, Obama and many of his policies are idiotic. But he can only do what the public allows him to do.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #472
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Our nose diving economy is directly tied to the philosophies of the American public. Those philosophies have been manipulated by a bunch of politicians and people are dumb enough to fall for it. And pretty much everything that is being done is being done to benefit the rich and powerful in our country. Before we can realistically blame the president, we have to look at ourselves. Now dont get me wrong, Obama and many of his policies are idiotic. But he can only do what the public allows him to do.
    Today's democrats in power, as well as republicans do what they damned well please when they get to DC. The public can effect change with pressure in some cases, but in today's economy who has the time to spend endlessly petitioning their reps? I work 70 hours a week....Many are in that boat.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #473
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Today's democrats in power, as well as republicans do what they damned well please when they get to DC. The public can effect change with pressure in some cases, but in today's economy who has the time to spend endlessly petitioning their reps? I work 70 hours a week....Many are in that boat.
    The crap people spew means little. Most people, and politicians are no different, say what they think is the right thing to say, but their actions are no different. Petitions your representative is worthless. I honestly believe that. Truth be told you could write an email to him/her and you do have the time. The time you spent on a post or two could be put toward that letter. But it is pointless. You will likely express your concern about the general direction of the country and the economy and a bunch of other good sounding sentences and then run around patting yourself on the back and bragging about how you told him/her whats what. Then they will pretend to read it and you may get a letter from some other idiot paid to make you feel good about yourself.

    In the end, you are not doing anything to make the world, the US, or our economy any better than it was before you wrote the letter. The politician you sent it to is going to do what keeps them in power, and what lines their pockets. That politician will still act with their own interest in mind, and you in turn will continue to vote them into power. Politicians have positioned themselves so that they have little or no accountability because no matter what they do, they will be coming back and/or getting paid. You want to effect change? Start holding all politicians accountable. Not just the opposite parties leaders.


    (also I dont know you personally. i am using "you" as pretty much every american"
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  4. #474
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    The crap people spew means little. Most people, and politicians are no different, say what they think is the right thing to say, but their actions are no different. Petitions your representative is worthless. I honestly believe that. Truth be told you could write an email to him/her and you do have the time. The time you spent on a post or two could be put toward that letter. But it is pointless. You will likely express your concern about the general direction of the country and the economy and a bunch of other good sounding sentences and then run around patting yourself on the back and bragging about how you told him/her whats what. Then they will pretend to read it and you may get a letter from some other idiot paid to make you feel good about yourself.

    In the end, you are not doing anything to make the world, the US, or our economy any better than it was before you wrote the letter. The politician you sent it to is going to do what keeps them in power, and what lines their pockets. That politician will still act with their own interest in mind, and you in turn will continue to vote them into power. Politicians have positioned themselves so that they have little or no accountability because no matter what they do, they will be coming back and/or getting paid. You want to effect change? Start holding all politicians accountable. Not just the opposite parties leaders.


    (also I dont know you personally. i am using "you" as pretty much every american"
    Feel better?

    You have the cynical, contemptuous platitudes down pat. Now instead of sounding like someone who has nothing but complaint, maybe you can offer what it is you think are the solutions? And beyond the talking points of "hold them accountable" and the like....Thanks.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #475
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Feel better?

    You have the cynical, contemptuous platitudes down pat. Now instead of sounding like someone who has nothing but complaint, maybe you can offer what it is you think are the solutions? And beyond the talking points of "hold them accountable" and the like....Thanks.
    the insults dont really add much to your posts. I know you are persistent and want to really really really do it a lot to be sure, but 14 thousands posts later, and it still hasn't done anything should be pretty clear.

    As for the solution to fix our economy? It is very simple. People (the american public) need to make better decisions. Stop sitting around demanding that someone else fix it. Make changes in your life to help the US economy, or quit crying about it. People running around crying that they economy isnt getting better while not only not doing anything themselves but actively hurting it is just retarded. The solution isnt going to start at the top.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #476
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Our nose diving economy is directly tied to the philosophies of the American public. Those philosophies have been manipulated by a bunch of politicians and people are dumb enough to fall for it. And pretty much everything that is being done is being done to benefit the rich and powerful in our country. Before we can realistically blame the president, we have to look at ourselves. Now dont get me wrong, Obama and many of his policies are idiotic. But he can only do what the public allows him to do.
    That's why it has been said that people get the government they deserve. While that's not necessarily true in dictatorships, the American electorate must certainly accept responsibility for this ballsup. They should have known what they were getting when they re-elected him. There was no excuse for that.

  7. #477
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That's why it has been said that people get the government they deserve. While that's not necessarily true in dictatorships, the American electorate must certainly accept responsibility for this ballsup. They should have known what they were getting when they re-elected him. There was no excuse for that.
    I agree with you mostly, however, "him" is not the only problem. Far from it. Also our voting habits are not the only issue. People's actions are just as, if not more, detrimental to our economy as the actions of our politicians.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #478
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    I agree with you mostly, however, "him" is not the only problem. Far from it. Also our voting habits are not the only issue. People's actions are just as, if not more, detrimental to our economy as the actions of our politicians.
    Well yes, the people who voted for Obama are the source of the problem, certainly. He just personifies the problem and exasperates it.

  9. #479
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    the insults dont really add much to your posts. I know you are persistent and want to really really really do it a lot to be sure, but 14 thousands posts later, and it still hasn't done anything should be pretty clear.
    Hmmm...Really don't know what in the hell you are talking about here...

    As for the solution to fix our economy? It is very simple.


    People (the american public) need to make better decisions.
    Such as?

    Stop sitting around demanding that someone else fix it.
    elaborate please.

    Make changes in your life to help the US economy, or quit crying about it.
    Again, such as?

    People running around crying that they economy isnt getting better while not only not doing anything themselves but actively hurting it is just retarded.
    You make no sense here. more detail.

    The solution isnt going to start at the top.
    Nice....Here's a few more

    "One for all, and all for one"

    "When the going gets tough, the tough get going"

    "There's no I in team"

    "Today is the beginning of the rest of your life"

    Now, I'll try one more time....Do you have anything other than empty platitude?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #480
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hmmm...Really don't know what in the hell you are talking about here...







    Such as?



    elaborate please.



    Again, such as?



    You make no sense here. more detail.



    Nice....Here's a few more

    "One for all, and all for one"

    "When the going gets tough, the tough get going"

    "There's no I in team"

    "Today is the beginning of the rest of your life"

    Now, I'll try one more time....Do you have anything other than empty platitude?
    Your failure to comprehend is not my failure. I was not responsible for your education.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •