Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 548

Thread: Food-stamp use doubles

  1. #451
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    So these policies, that passed with a lot of demorat support, are now "conservative"? Why were they not "undone" by the mighty Obama - when he had 100% rubber stamp demorat congressional authority (allowing PPACA passage)? You may have yourself convinced that demorat congress critters are not fully into crony capitalism, but I surely am not. Gov't gifts to campaign donors is not a "conservative" idea - it is a universal DC idea.

    Very much a universal idea.

    and neither the tweedledeeblicans nor the tweedledumbocrats are really conservatives, certainly not in Washington. Whooping cranes might be, but there are precious few of them.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #452
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Funny, but I don't see the USA listed in the top five destinations for medical tourism. But, you're right that the UK, Canada, and Cuba don't appear there either. Whether the USA has the best health care is highly debatable. Whether it is the most expensive is not.
    Right now I'm in number four on the list you submitted and have had experience with both the public and private systems.

    The 'medical tourism' is unaffordable for local people. The public health system is a disgrace. Those in the medical tourism business are privately owned companies that don't have to deal with the bureaucracies so of course they can keep costs lower. In fact many medical companies in the States opened up clinics along the Canadian border for Canadians who couldn't get their health problems treated promptly by their government insurers, so the US has long had 'medical tourism'.

    The quality of the private health care here is not as good as the best the US has to offer but it is quite good and the service is outstanding. But the price is going up because they are overestimating the market and the competition, much like they did with dentistry here as well. It is still a good business to get into though, and with Obamacare coming to the US the business can only grow. Apparently Nicaragua has also opened a major facility between Managua and Grenada, which Ive heard is doing very well. It is a Japanese investment.

  3. #453
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'll take this as you can't.

    BTW, if someone is inaccurate, it is proper to point it out. Doing so is neither arrogant nor dishonest.

    To not subscribe to liberal social policies that one believes is destroying the economic foundation of the country is not inaccurate. It's opinion. And for you to think is proper to "point it out" as you say, IS arrogant, and for you to deny that you are myopic in terms of what YOU think is "proper" is dishonest.

    As for being able to play some foolish game with you over what is, or what isn't in that category, forget the fact that ttwtt pointed out a few to you, and you ignored to get this snarky small jab in at me, only goes to show just how childish, and foolish your semantic filled tap dancing really is...As Barney Frank put it....Arguing with you is like arguing with a dining room table.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #454
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Now would be a good time for entrepreneurial Americans, Mexicans, or anyone, to be opening up first class medical facilities along the Mexican/US border to take advantage of Obamacare and those Americans who want first class service at their convenience. A quick study will show that there is a growing demand for these facilities and one next to the US would put them at a huge advantage over other private clinics.

  5. #455
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    So these policies, that passed with a lot of demorat support, are now "conservative"? Why were they not "undone" by the mighty Obama - when he had 100% rubber stamp demorat congressional authority (allowing PPACA passage)? You may have yourself convinced that demorat congress critters are not fully into crony capitalism, but I surely am not. Gov't gifts to campaign donors is not a "conservative" idea - it is a universal DC idea.
    Very little gets undone by either party. However, I didn't say what you suggest I said. I said those things are largely supported by conservatives. No where did I say either democrat nor republican. You can get some conservatives to ballistic over a welfare mom, but somehow stay quiet when a company takes much more government money for even less reason.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #456
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    To not subscribe to liberal social policies that one believes is destroying the economic foundation of the country is not inaccurate. It's opinion. And for you to think is proper to "point it out" as you say, IS arrogant, and for you to deny that you are myopic in terms of what YOU think is "proper" is dishonest.

    As for being able to play some foolish game with you over what is, or what isn't in that category, forget the fact that ttwtt pointed out a few to you, and you ignored to get this snarky small jab in at me, only goes to show just how childish, and foolish your semantic filled tap dancing really is...As Barney Frank put it....Arguing with you is like arguing with a dining room table.
    Nor has anyone said anything about what philosophy you do or don't subscribe to. When you've been called inaccurate it has been because your facts are wrong. Nothing else.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #457
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Very little gets undone by either party. However, I didn't say what you suggest I said. I said those things are largely supported by conservatives. No where did I say either democrat nor republican. You can get some conservatives to ballistic over a welfare mom, but somehow stay quiet when a company takes much more government money for even less reason.
    Nonsense. How do you suppose we the sheeple get over $3 billion added to our tab each day? Plenty is getting done by our congress critters as they are almost all fairly rich and getting richer while the nation goes ever deeper into debt.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #458
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Nonsense. How do you suppose we the sheeple get over $3 billion added to our tab each day? Plenty is getting done by our congress critters as they are almost all fairly rich and getting richer while the nation goes ever deeper into debt.
    I said undone.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #459
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I said undone.
    Hint: we spent less under Bush. I know the famous libtard line - 2009 was a Bush year and all Obama spending was because Bush made him keep that 20% increase in federal spending attained in 2008/9. TARP and ARRA were "one time" huge federal spending boosts yet somehow got kept in each of the Obama "budgets" (aka continuing resolutions). Remember when we passed "budgets"? Obama is the thrifiest modern president we ever had and blah, blah, blah....
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #460
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Hint: we spent less under Bush. I know the famous libtard line - 2009 was a Bush year and all Obama spending was because Bush made him keep that 20% increase in federal spending attained in 2008/9. TARP and ARRA were "one time" huge federal spending boosts yet somehow got kept in each of the Obama "budgets" (aka continuing resolutions). Remember when we passed "budgets"? Obama is the thrifiest modern president we ever had and blah, blah, blah....
    I Usually follow you, but I don't here. I said neither party really undoes what came before them. I made no statement concerning doing more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •