Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 548

Thread: Food-stamp use doubles

  1. #421
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    I bet the population of blacks in the U.S has also doubled!!! More than likely, I will hear that in some sort of incompetent and illusory speech from a paranoid racist by the end of this week.
    and when you do, will you recognize him as a kindred spirit?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #422
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And of course it's just as stupid to demonize businesses or take advantage of them. Otherwise they will just shut down or leave, thereby hurting everyone.
    I'm not sure everyone who thinks they could do more is demonizing. Them. And much if that is a response to the attitude popularized by Fox and repeated by Romney that everyone is a moocher.

    But frankly, business doesn't really give a ****. They get a lot of what they want from government.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #423
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    When my mother was a practicing nurse in Houston ( Herman ) people from all around the world traveled here to get their life saving healthcare.

    Most notably from Saudi, UK and Canada. I suppose they had the means to make a choice.

    HealthCare as a right leaves no room for innovation or competition and eventually leads to a system of marginal care .

    Far be it from me that I would want my physician to be driven but things other than a paycheck and the Hypocratic Oath.

    They're people too apparently. Plus not one of you Socialised Healthcare advocates have been able to give a decent and specific account of how it could be payed for.
    I can show people who went over there to get life saving treatment. Largely your claim is wildly overstated in based in unsupported propaganda.

    And the paycheck too often overrides the oath. That's the problem with the market.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #424
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I can show people who went over there to get life saving treatment. Largely your claim is wildly overstated in based in unsupported propaganda.

    And the paycheck too often overrides the oath. That's the problem with the market.
    Its BASED in fact and actual experience. Your generic claims of UHC superiority is the unsupported propaganda. 45 years in this Country and I've never been without healthcare, nor my family nor anyone I know.

    The whole claim that our system was broken in the first place was propagandas and lies. The only thing the left is any good at.

    Did our premiums rise ? Sure, open the borders of any Nation with a Private or UHC for that matter and allow 20 million new illegal immigrants to use the nearest emergency room for free care and its going to effect cost.

    2 years ago in Dallas's Parkland Hospital 75% of all new births were to illegals with no insurance.

    Oh no but its our inherent system thats broken. BULL SH**. Just like your argument. Bull Sh**
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  5. #425
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Its BASED in fact and actual experience. Your generic claims of UHC superiority is the unsupported propaganda. 45 years in this Country and I've never been without healthcare, nor my family nor anyone I know.

    The whole claim that our system was broken in the first place was propagandas and lies. The only thing the left is any good at.

    Did our premiums rise ? Sure, open the borders of any Nation with a Private or UHC for that matter and allow 20 million new illegal immigrants to use the nearest emergency room for free care and its going to effect cost.

    2 years ago in Dallas's Parkland Hospital 75% of all new births were to illegals with no insurance.

    Oh no but its our inherent system thats broken. BULL SH**. Just like your argument. Bull Sh**
    No, the numbers support what I have said. We pay more. Our access spotty. And we overdo, which can be as bad for someone as doing too little.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #426
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    If you think Britain's NHS is cumbersome and inefficient, remember that our own health care system, even before "Obamacare", is more costly still.
    Too bad for supporters, o-care is collapsing under its own weight
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #427
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, the numbers support what I have said. We pay more. Our access
    spotty. And we overdo, which can be as bad for someone as doing too little.
    I gave you a damn good reason for why we pay more, you ignored it.

    Its called price shifting. Not to mention not one of you UHC advocates have explained in any detail how it would be paid for.

  8. #428
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I gave you a damn good reason for why we pay more, you ignored it.

    Its called price shifting. Not to mention not one of you UHC advocates have explained in any detail how it would be paid for.
    I didn't thin it was valid let alone good. We'd be higher even without the things you list. And other countries handle those things, and are still cheaper.

    Many legals don't have insurance and also use services, also causing price shifting. Americans also feel they need to over spend, and do. And as a business, there are rewards for the doctor to over test, over treat, and over charge.

    And it can be paid for much as other countries pay for it. Move your insurance premium to your tax base. And if you want more insurance, pay more for it. Nothing would prevent you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #429
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Too bad for supporters, o-care is collapsing under its own weight
    The health care system is collapsing under its own weight. Obamacare is just accelerating the process. We spent an average of $8,000 per person on health care before Obamacare. That's $24,000 for a family of four, which has to be over half of the average family income. That sort of expense is not sustainable. Obamacare is not going to fix the basic flaw, which is cost.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #430
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not sure everyone who thinks they could do more is demonizing. Them. And much if that is a response to the attitude popularized by Fox and repeated by Romney that everyone is a moocher.

    But frankly, business doesn't really give a ****. They get a lot of what they want from government.
    Fox and Romney?

    What a tired, juvenile response!

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •