Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 548

Thread: Food-stamp use doubles

  1. #171
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    06-29-14 @ 09:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    360

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    They've been playing the "Road to Nationalization" game long before Obama.
    Them, the Lizardmen, the Greys, and the Secret Jewesh Cabal I'm sure.

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I have a house that needs to be cleaned and a yard that needs to be cut. We cannot find dependable people to do either, and we pay very well, so we are currently utilizing commercial firms when we'd prefer to hire unemployed individuals. If someone wants to work, they will find a job...
    How fluent are you in Spanish?

  3. #173
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    06-29-14 @ 09:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    360

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You don't feel there is anything wrong with it?
    I would term offering food to someone on a stretch of bad luck so that they don't starve benevolence.

    And since it is government that is doing this act I don't really see anything wrong with it, no.

  4. #174
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    How fluent are you in Spanish?
    My wife does the Spanish, and yes, we've tried that route as well...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #175
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by babilfish View Post
    I would term offering food to someone on a stretch of bad luck so that they don't starve benevolence.

    And since it is government that is doing this act I don't really see anything wrong with it, no.
    That's why we have charities, but they won't help anyone forever...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #176
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    06-29-14 @ 09:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    360

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I have a house that needs to be cleaned and a yard that needs to be cut.
    Irrelevant.

    We cannot find dependable people to do either, and we pay very well, so we are currently utilizing commercial firms when we'd prefer to hire unemployed individuals.
    Irrelevant.

    If someone wants to work, they will find a job...
    You just keep chanting that mantra, I'm sure if you say it long enough it will come true!

    Meanwhile, in the real world, there are millions out of work who attest to the ridiculousness of what you're saying.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    I love it. The people who cheer the loudest for the state are the ones who contribute the least to it.

    You can almost hear the tin cup rattle when he posts.

  8. #178
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    06-29-14 @ 09:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    360

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    That's why we have charities
    Unfortunately, many (most) charities are strapped for cash as well.

    but they won't help anyone forever...
    Irrelevant.

  9. #179
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by babilfish View Post
    Irrelevant.



    Irrelevant.



    You just keep chanting that mantra, I'm sure if you say it long enough it will come true!

    Meanwhile, in the real world, there are millions out of work who attest to the ridiculousness of what you're saying.
    Listen dick, I wasn't always able to afford these. I always managed to find a job when necessary though. Did I like them all? No, but everyone needs to do what is required to support themselves...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Food-stamp use doubles

    Quote Originally Posted by babilfish View Post
    I would term offering food to someone on a stretch of bad luck so that they don't starve benevolence.

    And since it is government that is doing this act I don't really see anything wrong with it, no.
    Do you believe that when you work with the government you get something for nothing and that no one else has to give up anything for you to have it?

Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •