Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 204

Thread: CPAC chair: Christie didn't 'deserve' an invite this year

  1. #181
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,356
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CPAC head: Christie "doesn't deserve" to be a Republican

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Denial without evidence is delusion.

    It would not surprise me in the slightest if one of Christie's representatives had quietly contacted CPAC to ask them not to invite Christie this year. That way, when they do invite him next year, he'll be the biggest story. He will also be very busy winning reelection by a large margin and campaigning for other Repubs.

    Seems far less likely a scenario than CPAC heads being pissed he did not support Romney "enough", and are lashing out. Not inviting the most successful(arguably) conservative in the country to a conservative event like CPAC is really bad politics.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #182
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    346

    Re: CPAC head: Christie "doesn't deserve" to be a Republican

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Got anything to actually say about Christie not being invited to speak at CPAC.
    Ok, talked me into it. Don't particularly care about Christie, so glad he wasn't invited. Takes up too much space. Besides, think of the cost factor having to re-enforce the stage floor.

  3. #183
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,940
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CPAC head: Christie "doesn't deserve" to be a Republican

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Seems far less likely a scenario than CPAC heads being pissed he did not support Romney "enough", and are lashing out. Not inviting the most successful(arguably) conservative in the country to a conservative event like CPAC is really bad politics.
    You'll have to excuse me if I don't take a lefty's views of conservative politics seriously. What is in fact noteworthy is how careful all sides have been not to burn their bridges. The critical event for Repubs heading toward 2016 will be when Jeb Bush decides whether to run himself or continue to sponsor Marco Rubio for POTUS. Christie needs to create some space for himself that's independent of that dynamic. CPAC is helping him to do that.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #184
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,313

    Re: CPAC head: Christie "doesn't deserve" to be a Republican

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Is your point that you are wrong? Cuz the thread does have a topic, and it isn't Obama.
    Okay okay okay ... the thread is about how the Left has to attack CPAC and gets all defensive about anything approaching negative about Obama because of ODS (Obama Denial Syndrome). Better?


  5. #185
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,313

    Re: CPAC head: Christie "doesn't deserve" to be a Republican

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Wrong again.
    Got anything to actually say about Christie not being invited to speak at CPAC
    , or are you going to just criticize those actually talking about it?
    I do.
    Christie isn't a heavy, I mean weighty, I mean enough of a Conservative for CPAC ... and there was that full body massage exchange with Obama.
    But If Christie ever got the nomination he'd get their votes.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: CPAC head: Christie "doesn't deserve" to be a Republican

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you don't think not inviting one of the most successful conservatives in the country is a little embarrassing? Nor the whole race brouhaha? Nor the stuff said about the republican who changed his mind on SSM? Nor having Trump as a major speaker? Really?
    1) Why is it embarrassing to not invite Christie? Just because a "very liberal" poster like you claims he's a conservative, doesn't make it so. He's a moderate. Why would CPAC want to invite a guy who allowed himself to be used a political prop for Obama and the left anyways? Days before the election.



    2) What race brouhaha? You mean the ThinkProgress and TPM stories trying to find one nut out of how many people that are there to paint the entire convention as racist? We're supposed to accept that as credible reporting? Or do you mean the far left racists who continue to attack Dr. Ben Carson and call him the N Word for daring to question Obama? Or the rabid mob of far left Collectivists who demonize every black conservative as an Uncle Tom, Token, or Oreo? That race brouhaha?

    Tolerance brigade calls Ben Carson ‘token,’ ‘Uncle Tom’ and ‘Oreo’ after CPAC speech | Twitchy

    Examples of tweets

    Dr Ben Carson is too dumb to know that his fans like him because he's a n*gger that dislikes the president.
    GOPs Uncle Tom live at CPAC now.......Ben Carson
    They don't sound very tolerant of blacks that have a different political opinion than they do. To the left, it's perfectly acceptable to call a black man the N Word if he doesn't have left wing political views. Blacks become fair game for left wing lynching if they have thoughts outside the liberal plantation, yet you want to sit here and try and paint an entire convention as racist because of one guy who was even attacked by the audience? After the exchange he spoke with with K Carl (who wrote this book - Frederick Douglass Republicans: The Movement to Re-Ignite America's Passion for Liberty: K. Carl Smith, Dr. Karnie C. Smith Sr.: 9781456758165: Amazon.com: Books) and then bought his book. You don't care about any of that though. All you care about is smearing, slandering, and mocking people. Facts be damned.

    Where are the Blacks Obama is appointing into high office? There aren't any

    NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous: Pick black female justice - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com

    That race brouhaha?

    3) A Republican changed his mind about SSM? Big deal. What does that have to do with CPAC? It's not like the left is suddenly going to embrace the guy for supporting SSM. On the contrary he's being demonized and attacked for it by the left.

    4) Who cares about Trump. Democrats booed God and Israel at their convention and you want to point at CPAC and talk about a spectacle? It doesn't even pass the laugh test? Or how about this for a spectacle. The President of the United States says that a 2% cut in the rate of growth in Federal Spending will mean total financial meltdown for the country. To prove this point he unleashes criminal illegal aliens onto lawful society and closes WH Tours, turning away little kids. Are you talking about that spectacle?

  7. #187
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,940
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CPAC head: Christie "doesn't deserve" to be a Republican

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    1) Why is it embarrassing to not invite Christie? Just because a "very liberal" poster like you claims he's a conservative, doesn't make it so. He's a moderate. Why would CPAC want to invite a guy who allowed himself to be used a political prop for Obama and the left anyways? Days before the election.

    2) What race brouhaha? You mean the ThinkProgress and TPM stories trying to find one nut out of how many people that are there to paint the entire convention as racist? We're supposed to accept that as credible reporting? Or do you mean the far left racists who continue to attack Dr. Ben Carson and call him the N Word for daring to question Obama? Or the rabid mob of far left Collectivists who demonize every black conservative as an Uncle Tom, Token, or Oreo? That race brouhaha?


    They don't sound very tolerant of blacks that have a different political opinion than they do. To the left, it's perfectly acceptable to call a black man the N Word if he doesn't have left wing political views. Blacks become fair game for left wing lynching if they have thoughts outside the liberal plantation, yet you want to sit here and try and paint an entire convention as racist because of one guy who was even attacked by the audience? After the exchange he spoke with with K Carl (who wrote this book - Frederick Douglass Republicans: The Movement to Re-Ignite America's Passion for Liberty: K. Carl Smith, Dr. Karnie C. Smith Sr.: 9781456758165: Amazon.com: Books) and then bought his book. You don't care about any of that though. All you care about is smearing, slandering, and mocking people. Facts be damned.

    Where are the Blacks Obama is appointing into high office? There aren't any

    That race brouhaha?

    3) A Republican changed his mind about SSM? Big deal. What does that have to do with CPAC? It's not like the left is suddenly going to embrace the guy for supporting SSM. On the contrary he's being demonized and attacked for it by the left.

    4) Who cares about Trump. Democrats booed God and Israel at their convention and you want to point at CPAC and talk about a spectacle? It doesn't even pass the laugh test? Or how about this for a spectacle. The President of the United States says that a 2% cut in the rate of growth in Federal Spending will mean total financial meltdown for the country. To prove this point he unleashes criminal illegal aliens onto lawful society and closes WH Tours, turning away little kids. Are you talking about that spectacle?
    1. In any fair reading of American politics Christie is quite conservative, especially in the New Jersey context. I suspect Repubs would like to again be competitive in states like NJ. As for allowing himself to be used, Christie merely prioritized his oath and his duty over politics. Good for him.
    2. You are 100% correct.
    3. Correct again.
    4. Correct yet again.

    Three out of four isn't bad. Well done.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #188
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,940
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CPAC head: Christie "doesn't deserve" to be a Republican

    Some excerpts from Sarah Palin's speech at CPAC. Sounds like she's fronting for Christie. Good for her.

    "Even our guys in the GOP too often have a habit of reading their stage directions, especially these days. They're being too scripted, too calculated. They talk about rebuilding the party. How about rebuilding the middle class?" Palin said. "They talk about re-branding the GOP instead of restoring the trust of the American people. Now, we can't just ignore, though, that we just lost a big election. Came in second. Out of two. Second position on the dog sled team--it's where the view never changes and the view ain't pretty."

    "But we need to figure out then, our job. What will we do next?" she added. "Let's be clear about one thing: We're not here to re-brand a party. We're here to rebuild a country."

    "As conservatives, we must leave no American behind. And we must share our message of freedom and liberty to all citizens, even those who may disagree on some issues because there is solid common ground in fighting against government overreach and for independence. And those who disagree with us on some issues, they're not our enemies, they're our sisters and brothers. They're our neighbors and friends."

    "It's time we all stop preaching to the choir," she said, "and let's grow."

    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: CPAC head: Christie "doesn't deserve" to be a Republican

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    1. In any fair reading of American politics Christie is quite conservative, especially in the New Jersey context. I suspect Repubs would like to again be competitive in states like NJ. As for allowing himself to be used, Christie merely prioritized his oath and his duty over politics. Good for him.
    I have to respectfully disagree

    Christie is not a Conservative. He's a moderate establishment Republican. Conservatism is a specific set of beliefs, principles, and ideals. Christie doesn't hold many of those. Democrats have gone extremely radically left wing across the nation, so sure, compared to THAT one can say Christie is somewhat conservative. However you cannot say Christie is a principled conservative. Don't take my word for it, here is what a Conservative from NJ has to say about it. He has 8 part series that goes into detail refuting the myth that Christie is a Conservative:

    Chris Christie: A Conservative Myth - Intro | Conservative New Jersey

    His budget passed only after three conservative Republicans were bullied into voting for it and the savings achieved in the budget were done at the expense of new taxes, new fees, federal Stimulus funds and accounting gimmicks; the 2% property tax cap will actually cause taxes to skyrocket; he has yet to propose the “across the board” tax cuts he promised as a candidate; the budget actually INCREASES state expenditures by 6% and the number of staff in the Governor’s office making $100,000 per year increases by ten;

    His confrontation with the unions is pure Kabuki theater with nothing accomplished but acrimony; he has yet to lay off a single state employee and his proposed 2011 state worker reduction plan is little more than window dressing;

    He has populated his cabinet with notorious liberals while firing the only true conservative - after slandering him;

    He has endorsed notorious RINO candidates in the 2010 mid-term election while avoiding (with one notable exception) contact with conservative candidates;

    He supports a multi-state Cap & Trade scheme known as the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative and is so committed to Cap & Trade that he used funds raised from RGGI’s carbon auctions to help balance the budget; he has directed that state funds be appropriated to subsidize “green” technology ventures such as off-shore windmills;

    He has refused to join other state attorneys-general in a joint lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of Obamacare while accepting federal funds for the implementation of a similar program on a statewide level;

    He is on record saying that he does not believe illegal aliens are here illegally; he has indicated that he supports amnesty for illegals; he generally favors strict gun control and he supports construction of the Ground Zero Mosque even as he condemns those who oppose it.
    His duty also includes not being allowed to be used as a political pawn by the opposition party during an election year. Especially when the election is critically a few short days away. Either he willingly allowed it to happen or he doesn't have the political acumen to realize and understand he was being used a pawn and to not take part in that. Either way he shouldn't have been at CPAC.

  10. #190
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: CPAC head: Christie "doesn't deserve" to be a Republican

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The media picked Romney and the frontrunner.Die hard republican party-tards wanted more than anything to win. So they propped up Romney despite the fact that propping up a RINO in 08 cost them to lose the presidency.
    Romney was picked in 08 by the Establishment which if you'll remember was obvious when Romney out of the blue pulled out of the campaign giving McCain a clear path to the nomination.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •