Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 181 to 186 of 186

Thread: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.[W: 168]

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Just because you don't like the source doesn't mean the data is wrong.
    In case you missed what i referred to, it was the Department of Social Services, or as other people know it the people who handle welfare. pardon me if i don't go through someone else to find out when i can actually learn it for myself. you see, there is the exact problem i was speaking of. You could go out there and read the DSS sites for each state directly. instead you want to trust brietbart to spoonfeed you the information. I am telling you how the application for welfare and even things like disability work. Your household counts everyone who is living there, even if you are not related or romantically involved. In this case brietbart is clearly manipulating the numbers because they are labelling everyone living in a house who may be gainfully employed with no public assistance as a welfare queen.

    just to illustrate further how this works mathmatically, I will plug in some numbers for you. I used to live in a house with 2 other people. There was the landlord, me, and we will call the other one welfare whore to make the conservatives happy. I am employed and not on welfare. the landlord is employed and not on welfare. Our house is counted as a welfare house by brietbart because she was there. breitbart would call all three of us a welfare household. The reality is only 1/3 of the house was on welfare. I understand that makes things look like many more people are on assistance because of misleading reporting, but that is the way of the breitbart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    What percentage of households would you say depend on some sort of government assistance?
    I would look that information up on the DSS sites for the state. That information varies from state to state, and if you want real numbers you should look to the people who do it. You should not be trusting a site known to be too false for faux news when you can go to the source. The day breitbart starts handling all of the welfare applications and approvals for the country so they can actually directly compile that information like the department of social services does, then you can rest on that source. I am not really sure if we want a place so easily fooled a white kid dressed like a 70's pimp could dupe them deciding who gets welfare, but you go right ahead and trust them.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    In case you missed what i referred to, it was the Department of Social Services, or as other people know it the people who handle welfare. pardon me if i don't go through someone else to find out when i can actually learn it for myself. you see, there is the exact problem i was speaking of. You could go out there and read the DSS sites for each state directly. instead you want to trust brietbart to spoonfeed you the information. I am telling you how the application for welfare and even things like disability work. Your household counts everyone who is living there, even if you are not related or romantically involved. In this case brietbart is clearly manipulating the numbers because they are labelling everyone living in a house who may be gainfully employed with no public assistance as a welfare queen.

    just to illustrate further how this works mathmatically, I will plug in some numbers for you. I used to live in a house with 2 other people. There was the landlord, me, and we will call the other one welfare whore to make the conservatives happy. I am employed and not on welfare. the landlord is employed and not on welfare. Our house is counted as a welfare house by brietbart because she was there. breitbart would call all three of us a welfare household. The reality is only 1/3 of the house was on welfare. I understand that makes things look like many more people are on assistance because of misleading reporting, but that is the way of the breitbart.
    Actually, breibart was just quoting the Wall Street Journal. WSJ did the number crunching. There is really no good reason not to believe them. Your case is the exception, not the norm. Most people who live with someone else are in some sort of relationship.

    Besides, how do you know they don't just look at tax filing status? You lived in a house with a welfare bum, but maybe they wouldn't have counted you because they can see you're not filing for any dependents.

    I don't know. Maybe if I have a bit more time, I'll dig through the US Census data and try to figure out how WSJ came up with their 49% figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I would look that information up on the DSS sites for the state. That information varies from state to state, and if you want real numbers you should look to the people who do it. You should not be trusting a site known to be too false for faux news when you can go to the source. The day breitbart starts handling all of the welfare applications and approvals for the country so they can actually directly compile that information like the department of social services does, then you can rest on that source. I am not really sure if we want a place so easily fooled a white kid dressed like a 70's pimp could dupe them deciding who gets welfare, but you go right ahead and trust them.
    So you don't know. Unless you have an alternative number, you really have no reason to doubt WSJ's.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Actually, breibart was just quoting the Wall Street Journal. WSJ did the number crunching. There is really no good reason not to believe them. Your case is the exception, not the norm. Most people who live with someone else are in some sort of relationship.
    no good reason not to trust them except for the reality they are consistently wrong, are just news commentary and entertainment, and they have more spin than a tornado. Other than those reasons, they really suck for information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Besides, how do you know they don't just look at tax filing status? You lived in a house with a welfare bum, but maybe they wouldn't have counted you because they can see you're not filing for any dependents.
    because household is calculated differently on taxes, but then again you would know that if you actually looked at reality and di not rely on the shady reporting of brietbart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I don't know. Maybe if I have a bit more time, I'll dig through the US Census data and try to figure out how WSJ came up with their 49% figure.
    I highly recommend you educate yourself on how the data is compiled into households.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post

    So you don't know. Unless you have an alternative number, you really have no reason to doubt WSJ's.
    Sorry, but i have no time for arguing pointless obviously wrong crap. i know where and how they got the numbers, and where they went wrong. Feel free to DYOFDW. breitbart has a terrible reputation, and if you are going to source it then you can keep it. if you want to actually source the WSJ feel free to. However, it just makes your convoluted knowledge tree more crooked than anything. You could go to the DSS and find things out, or you could wait for brietbart to pull things out of other already spun material and trash any truth in it further. Don't blame me because your argument was based on a fact sinkhole like breitbart.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    no good reason not to trust them except for the reality they are consistently wrong, are just news commentary and entertainment, and they have more spin than a tornado. Other than those reasons, they really suck for information.


    because household is calculated differently on taxes, but then again you would know that if you actually looked at reality and di not rely on the shady reporting of brietbart.


    I highly recommend you educate yourself on how the data is compiled into households.



    Sorry, but i have no time for arguing pointless obviously wrong crap. i know where and how they got the numbers, and where they went wrong. Feel free to DYOFDW. breitbart has a terrible reputation, and if you are going to source it then you can keep it. if you want to actually source the WSJ feel free to. However, it just makes your convoluted knowledge tree more crooked than anything. You could go to the DSS and find things out, or you could wait for brietbart to pull things out of other already spun material and trash any truth in it further. Don't blame me because your argument was based on a fact sinkhole like breitbart.
    Let's get this straight - you're so sure the 49% number is false, but you can't even provide me with an alternate figure?

    I don't have time to go digging around welfare offices for those numbers and, besides, government assistance includes a lot more than just welfare. So unless you're going to provide a good counter-figure with some data to back it up, I'm going to roll with the WSJ for quick and easy information.

    Could it be wrong? Sure. But for now, that's the number we have.

    Your rant about the media is noted. I hope you have the same standards when it comes to MSNBC and other left-wing outlets.
    Last edited by Peter Grimm; 03-15-13 at 06:07 AM.

  5. #185
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I watched it on the ed show all week and learned about it from the original source.
    And I linked the original transcript above. Turn off the Ed Show and do some research yourself.

  6. #186
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Wasn't Tubby Eddy just demoted from his slot there at MSDNC? hahahahaha......
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •