Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 186

Thread: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.[W: 168]

  1. #101
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    The point was you misinterpreted the 47% that he was referring to. Technically we was referring to the people who vote for Obama.



    No doubt hes being rhetorical when he claims that everyone who votes for Obama pays no income tax, are all dependent, etc. But he wasnt saying that the 47% who dont pay taxes all vote for Obama, but that the 47% who DO vote for Obama are typically govt dependent.

    Even though the meaning is correct, he was indeed not technically correct. He just doesnt get a pass like democrats do.
    I disagree that he was technically correct, but it's whatever, we just disagree on that point. If he wasn't talking about the people that don't pay income taxes, then he either should have chosen a number other than 47%, the exact number of the people that don't pay income taxes, lol.

    And I think tht by him saying these people will vote Obama no matter what, and that it's not his job to worry about them is insane. He's presuming that 47% of americans are just good for nothing moochers that are too dumb to realize how great of a guy he is, it's not his fault they ain't gonna vote for him, it's their fault for not making alot of money. It's a stupid view point. I think it's fair to say theres a number of people on either side that aren't changing their votes, but everything he said to detail that fact was stupid, classless and incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  2. #102
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    You are all over the place.
    Afraid to actually give an answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Yes, we know you will continue to flood this forum with this nonsense. There is no stopping those that refuse to educate themselves.
    Your concession is noted. The fact you cannot back up your claims with FACTS is noted.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Afraid to actually give an answer?
    He cannot because there aren't any. He just makes a BS claim and then says history is on his side but provides no facts to support his claim. The lamest debate tactic ever.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    The factory in China that Romney bragged about is surronded by barbed wire and armed guards. When Romney visited it the workers were ordered not "to look up" from their word or face harsh punishments.

  6. #106
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,622

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Given recent precedent, Romney ought to be able to sue this person for $100,000.
    I'm not so sure that Romney could sue. There were alot of people taking pictures with their phones and according to what I read the guy who taped it was just taking advantage of being where a candidate running for President was speaking. He probably could have made money but chose not to. I'm glad he chose to share it though. We got to see and hear the real Romney.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    How is this news again?

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    If they are retired elderly, living off of their retirement, then that isn't taxable income.
    Then they arent in the 47%, because the 47% refers to wage earners. They may be in th 47% of voters who will vote for Obama because they are dependent on govt.

  9. #109
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I disagree that he was technically correct, but it's whatever, we just disagree on that point. If he wasn't talking about the people that don't pay income taxes, then he either should have chosen a number other than 47%, the exact number of the people that don't pay income taxes, lol.

    And I think tht by him saying these people will vote Obama no matter what, and that it's not his job to worry about them is insane. He's presuming that 47% of americans are just good for nothing moochers that are too dumb to realize how great of a guy he is, it's not his fault they ain't gonna vote for him, it's their fault for not making alot of money. It's a stupid view point. I think it's fair to say theres a number of people on either side that aren't changing their votes, but everything he said to detail that fact was stupid, classless and incorrect.
    I said he wasnt technically correct. He was obviously speaking rhetorically, but since hes a Republican, hes going to have every word analayzed given and no mercy received. Thats the price you pay for not being a liberal.

  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Worker who taped Romney's 47% comment comes forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    The factory in China that Romney bragged about is surronded by barbed wire and armed guards. When Romney visited it the workers were ordered not "to look up" from their word or face harsh punishments.
    Hows is that relevent to the topic?

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •