Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 157

Thread: NY judge halts Bloomberg ban on large sugary drinks

  1. #91
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,217

    Re: NY judge halts Bloomberg ban on large sugary drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Until that freedom disappears under the guise of helping.
    Duh long term health care costs and looking at your fat a..

  2. #92
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    NY judge halts Bloomberg ban on large sugary drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Doesn't the soda get flat before you finish it, and couldn't you just buy the drink in bottles, so it's sealed before you start drinking it?

    As far as the ban goes, no one was banned from buying as much soda as they wanted. The only thing that was banned was cups larger than 16oz. Nothing stopped anyone from buying two 16oz drinks
    At the rate I drink? Well no. Sweet tea doesn't go flat lol.

    And that is hardly the point. It is an arbitrary limitation on people for to give them more nanny state coverage...and of course...it hurt people like business owners who charge for such things. Movie theaters get most of their money off concessions.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  3. #93
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: NY judge halts Bloomberg ban on large sugary drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by laska View Post
    Duh long term health care costs and looking at your fat a..
    YOU dont pay for MY health care. I pay for my health care. From my pocket. With cash. I dont have to worry about you. Just me and mine. I have for a long time unlike most of the rest of the country.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  4. #94
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,217

    Re: NY judge halts Bloomberg ban on large sugary drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Excuse me but YOUR freedom is NOT DIRECTLY infringed by someones fricken big gulp.

    God I hate the true believer do gooders. They worse than any Nazi or Commi that ever lived. And whats sad and pathetic is they believe the drivel they are spouting. Disgusting.
    Do gooders like my 0% corporate tax rate, 0% capital gains on ipo, destroying the teachers union with a plan to make elite education and job training to the masses at pennies to the dollar of current policies. Yes let's do away with someone trying to come up with smarter public policy. Lets be ideocracy! I think we should give our marines and armd forces more "freedom". Look at all the do gooders with all the fitness and discipline requirements that restrict their freedom!

  5. #95
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,217

    Re: NY judge halts Bloomberg ban on large sugary drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    At the rate I drink? Well no. Sweet tea doesn't go flat lol.

    And that is hardly the point. It is an arbitrary limitation on people for to give them more nanny state coverage...and of course...it hurt people like business owners who charge for such things. Movie theaters get most of their money off concessions.
    Ok all the donuts and big gulps you want.

  6. #96
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,948

    Re: NY judge halts Bloomberg ban on large sugary drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Just curious: How many people here ever drink 32oz's of soda at one sitting?
    I don't drink any soda...diet or with sugar.
    My drinks of choice are water, unsweetened hot tea , unsweeted iced tea, and a little juice once in a while
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  7. #97
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: NY judge halts Bloomberg ban on large sugary drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by laska View Post
    Do gooders like my 0% corporate tax rate, 0% capital gains on ipo, destroying the teachers union with a plan to make elite education and job training to the masses at pennies to the dollar of current policies. Yes let's do away with someone trying to come up with smarter public policy. Lets be ideocracy! I think we should give our marines and armd forces more "freedom". Look at all the do gooders with all the fitness and discipline requirements that restrict their freedom!
    You believe in telling me what the hell I should be doing. Its none of your business. It only becomes your business when impinges upon you DIRECTLY. My big gulps and what I eat or not or whether I execise or not aint none of your business.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  8. #98
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NY judge halts Bloomberg ban on large sugary drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by laska View Post
    Do gooders like my 0% corporate tax rate, 0% capital gains on ipo, destroying the teachers union with a plan to make elite education and job training to the masses at pennies to the dollar of current policies. Yes let's do away with someone trying to come up with smarter public policy. Lets be ideocracy! I think we should give our marines and armd forces more "freedom". Look at all the do gooders with all the fitness and discipline requirements that restrict their freedom!
    If there is a coherent thought in this please point it out.

    "destroying the teachers union with a plan to make elite education and job training to the masses at pennies to the dollar of current policies." Seriously, WTF is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  9. #99
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,217

    Re: NY judge halts Bloomberg ban on large sugary drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    You believe in telling me what the hell I should be doing. Its none of your business. It only becomes your business when impinges upon you DIRECTLY. My big gulps and what I eat or not or whether I execise or not aint none of your business.
    Have you not understood any of my points? Yes I know you likely want to disband the irs, the epa, child labor laws, go to gold standard or even eliminate nay currency. I realize you think government is evil and any laws that governm behavior is big government. Maybe in the future you'll get your wish of the individualistic super weak government. You can then see what your idea of "freedom" results in.

  10. #100
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,217

    Re: NY judge halts Bloomberg ban on large sugary drinks

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    If there is a coherent thought in this please point it out.

    "destroying the teachers union with a plan to make elite education and job training to the masses at pennies to the dollar of current policies." Seriously, WTF is that?
    I'll spell it out for you, read my past posts on tax code and public policy.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •