Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 112

Thread: How a U.S. Citizen Came to Be in America’s Cross Hairs

  1. #81
    Advisor TML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-23-15 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    520

    Re: How a U.S. Citizen Came to Be in America’s Cross Hairs

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    What does it mean? Are you a Truther?

    Look, man, I'll tell ya - the war on terror policies have not affected my life one iota. Perhaps you're doing it wrong.
    No, not a “truther”…

    All wars throughout history have increased the debt of a nation.
    This is a nation in debt by more than 16 trillion and counting as it wages war against a tactic, suspends the a right to trial without charge, and even contemplates the assassination of American citizens if they are viewed to be in combat (such as Dorner)… and you say, the relationship between terrorist and criminal can't be taken seriously, and that it hasn’t affected your life, so who cares. Brilliant. Seems like you should be saying what I’m saying then… that you see no war, invasion, or terrorist attacks here that affect your life... why then are we at war with a tactic?

  2. #82
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: How a U.S. Citizen Came to Be in America’s Cross Hairs

    Quote Originally Posted by TML View Post
    the assassination of American citizens if they are viewed to be in combat (such as Dorner)…
    Dorner was clearly in combat. Still - he was given every opportunity to surrender, even until the bitter end. He chose to shoot himself after killing innocent people. And you defend him with conspiracy theory?

    That's your hero?!

  3. #83
    Advisor TML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-23-15 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    520

    Re: How a U.S. Citizen Came to Be in America’s Cross Hairs

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Dorner was clearly in combat. Still - he was given every opportunity to surrender, even until the bitter end. He chose to shoot himself after killing innocent people. And you defend him with conspiracy theory?

    That's your hero?!
    Defending him? Hell no... he was a criminal. LoL! It's not a conspiracy theory, they contemplated sending a drone to kill him.
    You prove the point that the lines have blurred to the point that a criminal is now seen as an enemy combatant, or "terrorist". And this is supposed to justify the complete removal of the rule of law, and to send the military to kill him?

    Nice Red Herring to the point btw

  4. #84
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: How a U.S. Citizen Came to Be in America’s Cross Hairs

    Dorner was clearly a combatant. Let's deal with reality.

  5. #85
    Advisor TML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-23-15 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    520

    Re: How a U.S. Citizen Came to Be in America’s Cross Hairs

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Dorner was clearly a combatant. Let's deal with reality.
    Yes, let's deal with reality. He was a police officer turned murderous criminal.

  6. #86
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: How a U.S. Citizen Came to Be in America’s Cross Hairs

    Quote Originally Posted by TML View Post
    Yes, let's deal with reality. He was a police officer turned murderous criminal.
    Yeah, umm, "murderous criminal" does not suffice to describe a person on the run and actively shooting innocent people. You're going to the past tense to ignore the immediate threat that did - in fact and absolutely - justify gunning the piece of scum down by any means available.

  7. #87
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: How a U.S. Citizen Came to Be in America’s Cross Hairs

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ-10 View Post
    3+-

    You can take your leader's word for it and believe them all you want but this does not prove your claims. When claiming things as facts, you should have proof better than your leaders told you so.

    He is a terrorist because he plots attacks, and he's plotting an attack because he's a terrorist is by the way circular logic.

    This really just illustrates that supporters in this foreign policy don't have the requisite information to know any of this and rather believe this merely because they've been told to.

    You can believe what you want, merely because your leaders tell you that's what happened, all you want, but if you make a factual claim on the internet without proof to back it up I will call you out on it.

    Once again, I will remind you that Obama lied about the attack and many others, as well as the CIA, the DoD and others who lie about these matters routinely.
    Still havent read the article I see...

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,625

    Re: How a U.S. Citizen Came to Be in America’s Cross Hairs

    I think some are confusing the definitions of combat and murderous spree.

    In some respects both are to be dealt with in very firm terms. However that doesn't mean a murderer on US soil is to gunned down if he walks into a police station to surrender any more than surrendering Iraqis are to be machine gunned. However a murder suspect engaging Law Enforcement in a fire fight should expect some measure of return fire.

    I don't care for the drone program overseas as it doesn't serve us as well as the 'scorecard' makes it appear. The terrorists call us cowards and arrogant with no concern for civilians and are waging a war on Islam. Doesn't matter if we think otherwise the problem will be if the moderates in the Middle East agree with them.

    The other issue is a USofA citizen working with the terrorists, does he get special treatment? Does he have to be confronted by 'boots on the ground' and have a chance to surrender?

    Back in WWII a few young men who were born in the USofA went to Germany to fight in the German Army. They were treated like any other German soldier. While I'm not a huge fan of drone strikes, once an American calls for killing other Americans, adopts a muslin name, and acts like any other targeted terrorist leader....

    he should be treated like any other terrorist.

  9. #89
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    29

    Re: How a U.S. Citizen Came to Be in America’s Cross Hairs

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Still havent read the article I see...
    I did, that's how I know those questions have no answers. If it did have the answers, you would be able to tell me them, meaning you wouldn't have read the article either.

    Once again, your claims have no proof. There's no point in replying to me with messages that don't contain that proof.

  10. #90
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: How a U.S. Citizen Came to Be in America’s Cross Hairs

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ-10 View Post
    I did, that's how I know those questions have no answers. If it did have the answers, you would be able to tell me them, meaning you wouldn't have read the article either.

    Once again, your claims have no proof. There's no point in replying to me with messages that don't contain that proof.
    The opening paragraph discusses who he was running with. You know the best way not to get run over by cars? Dont play on the highway.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •