Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 136

Thread: Florida could keep daylight saving time all year under 'Sunshine Protection Act'

  1. #111
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: Florida could keep daylight saving time all year under 'Sunshine Protection Act'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Fine, I'm wrong and every clock you don't use in your house is "broken" despite you bought those said clocks and they haven't been touched..

    Yeah the rest of the world changes their clocks twice a year - Florida wants to change theirs once... It doesn't take a genius to figure out that problem.
    Set your clock. Do not touch it for 365 days. Then check the time. How many hours will it be off by? (edit: let's assume the clock maintains correct timing. i.e. it doesn't run fast or slow)
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #112
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,023

    Re: Florida could keep daylight saving time all year under 'Sunshine Protection Act'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Fine, I'm wrong and every clock you don't use in your house is "broken" despite you bought those said clocks and they haven't been touched..

    Yeah the rest of the world changes their clocks twice a year - Florida wants to change theirs once... It doesn't take a genius to figure out that problem.
    Whats the difference in syncing the time with the seasons twice a year, 4 times a year, 10 times a year, 356 times a year?
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Florida could keep daylight saving time all year under 'Sunshine Protection Act'

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Set your clock. Do not touch it for 365 days. Then check the time. How many hours will it be off by? (edit: let's assume the clock maintains correct timing. i.e. it doesn't run fast or slow)
    My clock will be off by one hour. A year later it will be another and another after that.

    You do the same....

    That's why when you find that old watch it's always wrong when it comes to the hour but right when it comes to the minute.

    Go find an old watch or clock and tell me I'm wrong.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-10-13 @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    522

    Re: Florida could keep daylight saving time all year under 'Sunshine Protection Act'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    My clock will be off by one hour. A year later it will be another and another after that.

    You do the same....

    That's why when you find that old watch it's always wrong when it comes to the hour but right when it comes to the minute.

    Go find an old watch or clock and tell me I'm wrong.
    I found an old clock, it was off by one hour. It's been sitting on a shelf in my basement for several years untouched...

  5. #115
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: Florida could keep daylight saving time all year under 'Sunshine Protection Act'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    My clock will be off by one hour. A year later it will be another and another after that.

    You do the same....

    That's why when you find that old watch it's always wrong when it comes to the hour but right when it comes to the minute.

    Go find an old watch or clock and tell me I'm wrong.
    ...

    No, it wont be off by one hour. Daylight savings goes forward an hour and then back an hour, the net result being zero. Where do you think that one hour error comes from, exactly?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Florida could keep daylight saving time all year under 'Sunshine Protection Act'

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Whats the difference in syncing the time with the seasons twice a year, 4 times a year, 10 times a year, 356 times a year?
    Because we're all on the same schedule... Because if I have to make a call to NYC I know what time it is in NYC for example.

    Maybe the powers that be who dictate our economy would appreciate time standards and appreciate our present one that relies on the orbit of our earth instead of what may be convenient for one community?

  7. #117
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: Florida could keep daylight saving time all year under 'Sunshine Protection Act'

    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Florida could keep daylight saving time all year under 'Sunshine Protection Act'

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    ...

    No, it wont be off by one hour. Daylight savings goes forward an hour and then back an hour, the net result being zero. Where do you think that one hour error comes from, exactly?
    Hahahahaha...

    As I have stated the lost hour is in a Leap Year - the lost time is the extra day..

  9. #119
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: Florida could keep daylight saving time all year under 'Sunshine Protection Act'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Hahahahaha...

    As I have stated the lost hour is in a Leap Year - the lost time is the extra day..
    Dude. Daylight savings time is not related to leap years, and the error introduced by the leap year effect is not one hour per year.

    If leap years were the reason for daylight savings time, the correction would be one day every 24 years, not every 4. Leap year corrections occur because the earth actually takes ~365.25 days to orbit the sun. (error of one day every four years) We introduce leap seconds because it;s actually not exactly 24 hours for the earth to rotate. (and this is irregular, even stuff like earthquakes can slightly alter rotation time)
    Last edited by Deuce; 03-10-13 at 11:27 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #120
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,114

    Re: Florida could keep daylight saving time all year under 'Sunshine Protection Act'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Fine, I'm wrong and every clock you don't use in your house is "broken" despite you bought those said clocks and they haven't been touched..

    Yeah the rest of the world changes their clocks twice a year - Florida wants to change theirs once...
    incorrect. this bill proposes changing the clocks zero times a year, which has been pointed out many times in this thread.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •