Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 493

Thread: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

  1. #51
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    03-07-16 @ 06:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    344
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    it depends on how you define " moderate "


    flluffy , it is not Allah's and Kuran's fault if such perverts are attacking the other people.l hope you understand my point . and pakistan is not the authority in islam like popedom in catholism .muslim world cant be held responsible for their miserable crimes .
    Just to educate myself. Can you show something that shows how hard non-radical (or whatever label you wish) Muslims are working to stop the Muslims that are perpetrating these types of attacks?

    I see this similar to the Catholic priests who did not molest children but protected the ones who did.

    If a small part of a group start acting in a way that tarnishes the larger group, I think it is the responsibility of that larger group to do something about it. I do not see that effort on the part of the larger Muslim population. They pay lip service to the "these are the radicals" but do nothing to eliminate them from their ranks.

    Me thinks they doth protest to little

  2. #52
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Perhaps there will be less pouncing when muslims start speaking out on the violence within their religion. Until that happens they can pretty much expect to be condemned for their violence, or blaming others for it..





    Yes, we can see that on these boards with all the denial going on, as well as the blaming all their actions on others. These are not adults we're dealing with, just old children having another tantrum.
    So if I were a christian, and a radical christian group blew up an abortion clinic, I, and christianity, are personally responsible if I don't hold a press conference condemning it?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    my reference is not ignorant sunni imams

    nobody can teach me my own religion!!
    You can define Islam however you choose, and i have little interest in your choice.

    It does seem that no one has taught you your own religion, and that you just picked it up along the way somehow.

  4. #54
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    When approximately 75% to 78% of the U.S. military identifies itself as "Christian", a likely higher number for member in the USAF, the facts aren't coming out of my anus. Maybe it's difficult to hear with your lips being too close.
    Why don't you just admit you were talking out of your butt and we can move along.......these drones were not targeted by Christians....nor were they fired in the name of CHrist.

    You have proof that any of these so-called "Christian" troops were dancing around, burning Korans, waving crosses, Bibles, and Christian flags while launching drones? If not then your argument has no merit.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  5. #55
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,085

    re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Slateriesling View Post
    Just to educate myself. Can you show something that shows how hard non-radical (or whatever label you wish) Muslims are working to stop the Muslims that are perpetrating these types of attacks?

    I see this similar to the Catholic priests who did not molest children but protected the ones who did.

    If a small part of a group start acting in a way that tarnishes the larger group, I think it is the responsibility of that larger group to do something about it. I do not see that effort on the part of the larger Muslim population. They pay lip service to the "these are the radicals" but do nothing to eliminate them from their ranks.

    Me thinks they doth protest to little
    not every country is like turkey .they mostly live in islamist countries governed by sunni rules..
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I typed: Poverty, political repression, social repression, etc..

    And most of the 9/11 attackers were from Saudi Arabia (as was bin laden) - which is an INCREDIBLY repressive country.

    Among many examples - it is the only country in the entire world where it is illegal for women to drive.


    Religion is the outlet for most of these people's anger - not the source of it.

    And those that do it not out of anger - are probably just nuts.
    ALL Islamic dominated countries are repressive. All of them. Of course if you want to name one that isn't I'd like to hear back from you.

  7. #57
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,809

    re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    The difference, of course, being that those homes aren't being blown up because they're Muslim. They're being blown up because that's where terrorists live, or hide, or skulk.

    Great analogy, though. A new candidate for the Worst Analogy of the Year.
    That's ridiculous. They are terrorists to whom? And why are they terrorists? And how do you know they are Muslim anyway?

    If you choose to lie down with dogs, don't complain if the flea powder sometimes lands on you.
    What the heck are you talking about?










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,388

    re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Which Christians are you referring to? Maybe a link would help.
    You need a link to explain the drone program? Pretty funny.

  9. #59
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    03-07-16 @ 06:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    344
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So if I were a christian, and a radical christian group blew up an abortion clinic, I, and christianity, are personally responsible if I don't hold a press conference condemning it?
    Yes. Not personally responsible, but culpable to being characterized as being a part of it.

    Evil thrives when good people do nothing.

  10. #60
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Without trying to sound like the "he started it" type of child, I simply tend to pounce when people like Fluffy, a mega religious christian, call out the entirety of 1 billion muslims as being violent, because a few asshole muslims burned some houses down.



    If you had any idea what you were talking about you'd know that most muslim religious establishments would condemn violence against those of other faith. You like to hone in on a few rotten egg examples in order to label 1 billion people as inherently violent. I find it particularly disgusting and contradictory as you are an adamant religious member yourself. You would fight till you're dying breath to disassociate yourself with radical christians.
    You appear to have some sort of separation from reality.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •