Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 493

Thread: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

  1. #441
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I just pointed out the words don't actually amount to what you claim.

    Also, for someone constantly spouting off about logic, I suggest looking up "appealing to popularity"
    im aware you gave me your OPINION of what you THINK, but as they are written disagrees with your assessment
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #442
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    im aware you gave me your OPINION of what you THINK, but as they are written disagrees with your assessment
    actually no it doesn't

    you're claiming he's grouping all Muslims together. He wrote a comment about Islam being the religion of peace. Clearly they are not the same comment, and have different meanings. Surely you can offer an argument on why they amount to the same thing, hence defending your original assertion from this criticism, but as of this point you have not done so.

    In fact, all you have done is make various fallacious appeals, go "nu-uh" and make various empty assertions in support of your original claim. Again, hardly convincing or logical.

    ex: asserting something as fact doesn't actually establish it as "fact".
    Last edited by Dr. Chuckles; 03-12-13 at 06:36 PM.

  3. #443
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    The sad thing is that Christians tend to get some protection from the state. Groups like the ahmadi are actively targeted and face prosecution, due to the perception that mere belief is seen as a blasphemous attack on the prophet
    These are not a sophisticated people and, as we can see from their defenders, we've come to expect less from them, as though they are the put-upon group. I don't see how ignoring the situation, or blaming the victims for the violence, furthers relationships, fosters understanding, or advances mankind in any way.

    Of course we can see how the Islamists would prefer it that way.

  4. #444
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    These are not a sophisticated people and, as we can see from their defenders, we've come to expect less from them, as though they are the put-upon group. I don't see how ignoring the situation, or blaming the victims for the violence, furthers relationships, fosters understanding, or advances mankind in any way.

    Of course we can see how the Islamists would prefer it that way.
    indeed. I'm pretty sure the ahmadi are not even granted the right to vote

  5. #445
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    indeed. I'm pretty sure the ahmadi are not even granted the right to vote
    It seems that many Muslims in Canada aren't interested in voting, at least not in the parliamentary system. There are about 84,000 Canadian Muslims who think it’s justifiable to behead Canada's Prime Minister and blow up Parliament. That's a lot of Muslims.

    Muslim Violence In Canada | ELLIOT LAKE News

  6. #446
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems that many Muslims in Canada aren't interested in voting, at least not in the parliamentary system. There are about 84,000 Canadian Muslims who think itís justifiable to behead Canada's Prime Minister and blow up Parliament. That's a lot of Muslims.

    Muslim Violence In Canada | ELLIOT LAKE News
    Yeah, I think it was a recent UK poll that highlighted that something 20% of east Asian youths support honor crimes. And while both represent minorities, and are likely better figures than what you would find in their place of origin, those are some really disturbing numbers. Especially the later, being that one argument is that these populations will naturally moderate when exposed to more western values

  7. #447
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    my opinion is meaningless, facts disagree with your premise, this is what you are missing.
    its nonsenical to judge a group by the actions of some.
    Good then the facts that you mention should be easy to produce......so, let's see them. In the OP I sarcastically referred to Islam as "The Religion of Peace." You apparently disagree and have called my post everything but honest.....so, your turn. Produce some of these "facts" that you've mentioned that show that Islam (as both a political and religious institution) is indeed the "Religion of Peace".....compared to say....Christianity, Hinduism, or Buddhism.

    Let's make certain that your evidence is modern though, since the story in the OP I've referenced happened only a few days ago.......and as another poster so kindly points out, there are several nations run by Islamic governments TODAY which have openly made conversion from Islam to Christianity a LEGAL offense punishable by death..........but I'm sure that you (in your happy place) don't consider this violent.

    I'll be waiting while you produce..............suprise!.....nothing.

    BTW, your response here is fallacious as I am now judging the institution by the actions of......MANY!
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  8. #448
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    Good then the facts that you mention should be easy to produce......so, let's see them. In the OP I sarcastically referred to Islam as "The Religion of Peace." You apparently disagree and have called my post everything but honest.....so, your turn. Produce some of these "facts" that you've mentioned that show that Islam (as both a political and religious institution) is indeed the "Religion of Peace".....compared to say....Christianity, Hinduism, or Buddhism.

    Let's make certain that your evidence is modern though, since the story in the OP I've referenced happened only a few days ago.......and as another poster so kindly points out, there are several nations run by Islamic governments TODAY which have openly made conversion from Islam to Christianity a LEGAL offense punishable by death..........but I'm sure that you (in your happy place) don't consider this violent.

    I'll be waiting while you produce..............suprise!.....nothing.

    BTW, your response here is fallacious as I am now judging the institution by the actions of......MANY!
    your questions and assumptions are meaningless to the facts, other religions have nothing to do with it, my opinion on Islam has nothing to do with it, but feel free to make up as much stuff as you want LMAO

    Me an other posters were simply pointing out how your OP falsely condemns a group based on the actions of some, this is illogical, dishonest and or bigoted. pick one

    this is the only point that was made, if you would like to discuss it feel free.

    not sure why it bothers you posters point your failed op out
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #449
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    your questions and assumptions are meaningless to the facts, other religions have nothing to do with it, my opinion on Islam has nothing to do with it, but feel free to make up as much stuff as you want LMAO

    Me an other posters were simply pointing out how your OP falsely condemns a group based on the actions of some, this is illogical, dishonest and or bigoted. pick one

    this is the only point that was made, if you would like to discuss it feel free.

    not sure why it bothers you posters point your failed op out
    You've not stated why people should not be held responsible for their associations.

    If you were a member of the KKK but said you didn't participate in lynchings, you'd still have a lot of splainin to do. If you were a member of the Nazi party but said some of your best friends were Jewish, you still might be judged accordingly. The same is true if you were a Fascist or a Communist.

    Muslims belong to a religion that hates Jews, Christians, 'infidels', murders Gays, control the way women dress or even whether they can appear in public. They have murdered little girls on the way to school, sent them into burning buildings, bombed innocent people eating a pizza or doing their shopping, or waiting at a bus stop, and the list goes on and on. There is no intellectual class.

    To belong to any 'religion' like this is inexcusable, and should be discredited at every opportunity, just like any other hate group.

  10. #450
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    1.)You've not stated why people should not be held responsible for their associations.

    2.)If you were a member of the KKK but said you didn't participate in lynchings, you'd still have a lot of splainin to do. If you were a member of the Nazi party but said some of your best friends were Jewish, you still might be judged accordingly. The same is true if you were a Fascist or a Communist.

    3.)Muslims belong to a religion that hates Jews, Christians, 'infidels', murders Gays, control the way women dress or even whether they can appear in public. They have murdered little girls on the way to school, sent them into burning buildings, bombed innocent people eating a pizza or doing their shopping, or waiting at a bus stop, and the list goes on and on. There is no intellectual class.

    To belong to any 'religion' like this is inexcusable, and should be discredited at every opportunity, just like any other hate group.
    1.) association based on what? religion? thats nonsensical thats why
    2.) did you just compare Muslims ot the KKK and Nazis????? LMAO wow well that sums your logic pretty good, thanks
    3.) nope. people inside that religion do that, i could say the same about other religions also
    4.) its not the religion, its the people, thank you for again support the facts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •