Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 493

Thread: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So our government doesn't use violence every day? Are you sure about that?
    Was that your guess? You might want to read again what you posted and my response to it.
    And I'm pretty sure the new testament was written long before the 1,000 year reign of christianity where unbelievers were tortured and killed. It's fun to deny the old testament when it benefits you, but even more fun to pull out verses from deuteronomy or leviticus when condemning gays.
    You shouldn't be 'pretty sure' about any of your beliefs if your past few are any indication.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    10-15-17 @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    102

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Was this attack done in the name of Christianity? If so, please supply the link.
    Bush Told Chirac Iraq Invasion Was About Biblical Prophecy - YouTube

  3. #363
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So our government doesn't use violence every day? Are you sure about that?
    So, when did our government start acting on behalf of the Christian churches? Did all of the Christian churches get organized while I wasn't looking and declare Christian jihad or something?

    And I'm pretty sure the new testament was written long before the 1,000 year reign of christianity where unbelievers were tortured and killed. It's fun to deny the old testament when it benefits you, but even more fun to pull out verses from deuteronomy or leviticus when condemning gays.
    Quite filled with strawmen....


    *shrugs* You tell me. You're one of the ones saying islam is a horrible, violent religion.
    When did I say this?
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  4. #364
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,588

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Like all religious books, the bible is interpreted. So going "i believe in the bible" isn't the same as going "I support executing people that leave islam".



    This was covered at the very beginning. Violence being committed by some person who happens to be muslim or christian isn't the same as someone commiting violence in the name of a religion.




    Well, that would depend if you think all violence amounts to executing someone for leaving a religion. Which is an absolutest position that ignores the nature of the type of crime we are discussing



    You originally asked about about " 1 million violent, radical muslims in the world." and while I pointed out these people were clearly not radical, based on the fact they want the state to carry out such policy, they would clearly be violent
    Supporting an organization that commits violence in your name, does not make you violent. If that were true, anyone who supports the US Army would be violent. A lot of middle eastern desert folk sadly believe that organizations like hezbollah are fighting on their behalf. You're trying to use different definitions for them vs christians.

    The middle east is socially about 200-300 years behind us. Just over 200 years ago western society evolved past the point of letting the christians run around and murder people. At which point the christian church turned into the baby hugging organization it is today. Eventually the middle eastern society will evolve to that point as well. Claiming however that their religion is inherently more violent because we stopped letting you ****s kill people 200 years ago while they haven't gotten around to it yet is rather ridiculous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    As it is Christians who are having their homes burnt down, and being murdered by Muslims, it's difficult to keep them out of the thread.

    Why would we?
    I think both religions are horrifically violent, intolerant, and nothing would make me happier than to see them both go the way of the dinosaur. I just find it insanely hypocritical when christians cry about how violent islam is when their own religion has killed far more people throughout the course of human history.

    Stop acting like their religion is violent while yours isn't. Just own it.

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    So, when did our government start acting on behalf of the Christian churches? Did all of the Christian churches get organized while I wasn't looking and declare Christian jihad or something?
    It's not about religion in this instance. According to you and the others, anyone who supports an organization that conducts violence on their behalf, is also violent. Therefore, if you support the US Army, you are violent.


    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    Quite filled with strawmen....
    Pointing out that christians have killed a LOOOOT of people in the name of their god is not a strawman, it's history.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #365
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    So, again, what specifically does this have to do with the Christian church? :
    It seems they are trying to make the point that Christians treat gays rather poorly while Muslims treat them with respect.

  6. #366
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So our government doesn't use violence every day?
    Again, the fact that someone uses violence does not mean they are doing so in the name of a religion. Not sure how many times that simple concept needs to be pointed out to you


    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    *shrugs* You tell me. You're one of the ones saying islam is a horrible, violent religion.
    another false analogy. 1) the argument was there was lots of violence in modern islam. 2) This is being said because a large chunk supports things like killing people for leaving their religion. This isn't the same as simply following a religious book, as you cite above

  7. #367
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Lol, are you serious? An episode of The Young Turks? This was unsubstantiated heresay. A French reporter supposedly heard something that French Pres Chirac said regarding something that Bush supposedly said.......you should be ashamed to even post this.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Supporting an organization that commits violence in your name, does not make you violent. If that were true, anyone who supports the US Army would be violent. A lot of middle eastern desert folk sadly believe that organizations like hezbollah are fighting on their behalf. You're trying to use different definitions for them vs christians.

    The middle east is socially about 200-300 years behind us. Just over 200 years ago western society evolved past the point of letting the christians run around and murder people. At which point the christian church turned into the baby hugging organization it is today. Eventually the middle eastern society will evolve to that point as well. Claiming however that their religion is inherently more violent because we stopped letting you ****s kill people 200 years ago while they haven't gotten around to it yet is rather ridiculous.



    I think both religions are horrifically violent, intolerant, and nothing would make me happier than to see them both go the way of the dinosaur. I just find it insanely hypocritical when christians cry about how violent islam is when their own religion has killed far more people throughout the course of human history.

    Stop acting like their religion is violent while yours isn't. Just own it.

    So, when did our government start acting on behalf of the Christian churches? Did all of the Christian churches get organized while I wasn't looking and declare Christian jihad or something? [\quote]
    It's not about religion in this instance. According to you and the others, anyone who supports an organization that conducts violence on their behalf, is also violent. Therefore, if you support the US Army, you are violent.



    Pointing out that christians have killed a LOOOOT of people in the name of their god is not a strawman, it's history.
    I don't see how any of this explains or excuses or alters the fact that Muslims are murdering Christians and burning down their homes, and are doing it now.

  9. #369
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,588

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    [QUOTE=Grant;1061557784]
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Supporting an organization that commits violence in your name, does not make you violent. If that were true, anyone who supports the US Army would be violent. A lot of middle eastern desert folk sadly believe that organizations like hezbollah are fighting on their behalf. You're trying to use different definitions for them vs christians.

    The middle east is socially about 200-300 years behind us. Just over 200 years ago western society evolved past the point of letting the christians run around and murder people. At which point the christian church turned into the baby hugging organization it is today. Eventually the middle eastern society will evolve to that point as well. Claiming however that their religion is inherently more violent because we stopped letting you ****s kill people 200 years ago while they haven't gotten around to it yet is rather ridiculous.



    I think both religions are horrifically violent, intolerant, and nothing would make me happier than to see them both go the way of the dinosaur. I just find it insanely hypocritical when christians cry about how violent islam is when their own religion has killed far more people throughout the course of human history.

    Stop acting like their religion is violent while yours isn't. Just own it.



    I don't see how any of this explains or excuses or alters the fact that Muslims are murdering Christians and burning down their homes, and are doing it now.
    It doesn't excuse the fact, it just contributes to the fact that all of the abrahmahic religions are violent and should perish.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #370
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems they are trying to make the point that Christians treat gays rather poorly while Muslims treat them with respect.
    At this point, I'm not certain exactly what they're trying to prove.....it seems they're grasping at a bunch of straws here and posting a great deal of unrelated, and unsubstantiated fertilizer.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •