Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 493

Thread: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

  1. #241
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,804

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Actually you are wrong and the facts are quite clear. We need go no further than to look at the treatment of women and Gays in the Islamic dominated communities. Do you see any sign of a Golden Rule, or anything like it, there?
    Who are you talking about? I'll tell you. You are talking about extremists, but you are labeling an entire religion. In this case, Islam. Because some Christian extremists treat women and gays the same way, do you then label all of Christianity? There are extremists who claim every faith. Extremism is wrong, not the entire faith.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  2. #242
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,804

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And I responded to that bit of silliness. Do you honestly feel that compares to what Muslims have done on an international level over the past generation or so? Have you no perspective whatsoever?
    You don't really know the recent history of the region, do you?










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Who are you talking about? I'll tell you. You are talking about extremists, but you are labeling an entire religion. In this case, Islam. Because some Christian extremists treat women and gays the same way, do you then label all of Christianity? There are extremists who claim every faith. Extremism is wrong, not the entire faith.
    This is not for the squeamish, but it is live coverage of Gay Iranians being hanged. There are also videos of women shot through the head, as well as little girls murdered on their way to school. In fact this 'extremism' is so wide spread that it had become global and hardly makes the mainstream news anymore. LiveLeak.com - Hanging of five alleged homosexuals in Iran

    You can show me nothing in Christianity that remotely compares to what the Islamists are doing, and have been doing for the past generation,

  4. #244
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,804

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This is not for the squeamish, but it is live coverage of Gay Iranians being hanged. There are also videos of women shot through the head, as well as little girls murdered on their way to school. In fact this 'extremism' is so wide spread that it had become global and hardly makes the mainstream news anymore. LiveLeak.com - Hanging of five alleged homosexuals in Iran

    You can show me nothing in Christianity that remotely compares to what the Islamists are doing, and have been doing for the past generation,
    It finally boils down to hanging gay people in Iran. That, you say, is why Christianity is superior. We don't hang people from trees, bomb churches, drag people to death behind pickup trucks, tie them to fences and beat them to death and we certainly never never had angry mobs hang anyone from trees. Yeah, looks as if we are superior. That gives us the right to hate.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  5. #245
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Who are you talking about? I'll tell you. You are talking about extremists, but you are labeling an entire religion. In this case, Islam. Because some Christian extremists treat women and gays the same way, do you then label all of Christianity? There are extremists who claim every faith. Extremism is wrong, not the entire faith.
    Actually those views are just as much part of fundamentalism as they are extremism, and are held by many more in the islamic world than some insignificant minority. In fact, al-Qaradawi, a hugely mainstream figure, has called for the killing of gays, the beating of women, and the death of apostates on his television show, and faced absolutely no backlash from the incidents.

    Hence, it serves as another example for people trying to equivocate between the two religions. Because we got a man who says things the phelps clan doesn't even openly endorse blaring such idiocy on a network television station


    <<<Muslim publics offer mixed views of gender segregation in the workplace. Pakistani Muslims are the most supportive: 85% say they would favor making segregation of men and women in the workplace the law in their country. A narrower majority (54%) of Muslims in Egypt also support making gender segregation the law in their country.

    Opinions are more divided in Jordan and Nigeria. Half of Jordanian Muslims favor gender segregation and 44% oppose it. Among Nigerian Muslims, nearly the same percentage favor making segregation of men and women in the workplace the law in their country (49%) as oppose it (48%).

    In Lebanon, Turkey and Indonesia, majorities of Muslims reject legalized gender segregation in the workplace. More than eight-in-ten in Lebanon (89%) and Turkey (84%) express this opinion, as do 59% of Muslims in Indonesia.>>>

    Again, we are shown "moderate" indonesia, where only 41% of the Muslim population supports legal segregation.

    PS and before people cite turkey and lebenon as proof that of mainstream moderate islam, you guys should research their unique cultural and historical legacy, and how that is at odds with the rest of the islamic world. They are very atypical, but are still dealing with very serious issues with both fundamentalism and extremism

  6. #246
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    It finally boils down to hanging gay people in Iran. That, you say, is why Christianity is superior. We don't hang people from trees, bomb churches, drag people to death behind pickup trucks, tie them to fences and beat them to death and we certainly never never had angry mobs hang anyone from trees. Yeah, looks as if we are superior. That gives us the right to hate.
    Risky, again, people acting outside the whims of society are not the same as a state govt carrying out executions, or even allowing such. You kill someone for being gay in America you will be targeted by law enforcement. Pakistan, if it isn't an element of the govt carrying out the crime, it's likely to be ignored.

    A HUGE ****ING DIFFERENCE THAT YOU SEEM COMPLETELY INVESTED IN IGNORING.

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    How about Christians blowing up Muslim houses with drones?
    Why do you think they get attacked - because of stunts like this.

    Furthermore our military isn't attacking Muslims because of their faith, unlike these Muslims attacking these Christians that have absolutely nothing to do with the US military or US policies.

    Besides our military isn't all Christian so your point is moot.

  8. #248
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    things are getting back when even Mr. Nick can offer a serious rebuttal to your argument

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Who are you talking about? I'll tell you. You are talking about extremists, but you are labeling an entire religion. In this case, Islam. Because some Christian extremists treat women and gays the same way, do you then label all of Christianity? There are extremists who claim every faith. Extremism is wrong, not the entire faith.
    Of course you know that people like Grant are anti-Islamics.

    They have decided that the religion itself is to blame and that all those practising are to be judged as potential terrorists.

    That kind of gigantic ignorance is similar to bigots against women and 'blacks' and all other prejudices.

    Logic does not work with these people (I used to try until I realized it is useless - Iusually just throw a few facts at them, determine from their responses if they seem 'balanced' or not and then leave them alone if they are not - lol. Life is too short to waste on the emotionally disturbed).

    You cannot reason with hate.

    You can only hope it passes and common sense can one day prevail.


    But I applaud your efforts (and the other like-minded members in this thread) to fight the good fight
    Last edited by DA60; 03-10-13 at 03:08 PM.

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    It finally boils down to hanging gay people in Iran.
    What?? Do you want more atrocities? Have been living in a cave for the past 20 years?

    That, you say, is why Christianity is superior.
    No, there are a number of reasons and that Christians do not hang Gays in public displays is just one of them.

    We don't hang people from trees, bomb churches, drag people to death behind pickup trucks, tie them to fences and beat them to death and we certainly never never had angry mobs hang anyone from trees. Yeah, looks as if we are superior.
    Right. It's all illegal.

    That gives us the right to hate.
    Best speak for yourself here, but it seems clear that Muslims are the haters. Hating Gays is just one example.

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •