Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 493

Thread: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

  1. #221
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Yeah, you should read up on europe between 500 AD and about 1600 AD, you wouldn't believe the atrocities the christians committed in the name of god.

    In 2013 they're not. Does that excuse the hundreds of years that they did do that?
    In fact, in America mosques are burned and people who are Islamic or perceived to be Islamic are attacked.

    Mosque burned to the ground in Missouri.

    Man arrested for arson of Ohio Islamic Center

    Violent Attacks Since August 5 2012

    As you might imagine we, unfortunately, we could post similar acts all day.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  2. #222
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    In fact, in America mosques are burned and people who are Islamic or perceived to be Islamic are attacked.

    Mosque burned to the ground in Missouri.

    Man arrested for arson of Ohio Islamic Center

    Violent Attacks Since August 5 2012

    As you might imagine we, unfortunately, we could post similar acts all day.
    You are, again, making a false equivalency: the Pakistan violence involves large mobs rioting, is a semi frequent occurrence, and is rarely punished, unless its in response to international pressure. Clearly this is different than rare incidents of arson, which are carried out in secret, and that are heavily prosecuted under the law.
    Last edited by Dr. Chuckles; 03-09-13 at 08:15 PM.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Actually I got your point but had already addressed it in another post.

    Yes, we can certainly judge someone by their religious affiliation (as well as their beliefs). Why the hell not???
    Okaaaaaaay....well, I admire that you actually admit it.

    Funny I seem to recall a noteworthy man in history who also judged people by their religious affiliation.

    Oh what was his name?

    Oh yes...Adolf Hitler.


    Have a nice day.

  4. #224
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There are other reasons as well, of course. Brilliant? Perhaps not. Accurate? Certainly.
    Sorry, Grant. It isn't correct and it isn't accurate. Religious violence does happen in America and a lot of the religious violence is perpetrated by Christians. Your whole premise built on greater Christian adherence to the Golden Rule is shot fatally in the butt. Your argument fails as it gasps one last breath, shudders and dies.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    In fact, in America mosques are burned and people who are Islamic or perceived to be Islamic are attacked.

    Mosque burned to the ground in Missouri.

    Man arrested for arson of Ohio Islamic Center

    Violent Attacks Since August 5 2012

    As you might imagine we, unfortunately, we could post similar acts all day.
    Do you read what you post? A man was charged with the fire in a Mosque, Churches were also being attacked, and no one was ever injured.

    How does that compare with the topic of this thread?

    But let's just add that as the international assaults from Muslims increase so will the response from those who will want revenge. That is inevitable.

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Sorry, Grant. It isn't correct and it isn't accurate. Religious violence does happen in America and a lot of the religious violence is perpetrated by Christians. Your whole premise built on greater Christian adherence to the Golden Rule is shot fatally in the butt. Your argument fails as it gasps one last breath, shudders and dies.
    Your opinion is not supported by facts. Give me some comparable facts and then we'll look at the results.

  7. #227
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    You are, again, making a false equivalency: the Pakistan violence involves large mobs rioting, is a semi frequent occurrence, and is rarely punished, unless its in response to international pressure. Clearly this is different than rare incidents of arson, which are carried out in secret, and that are heavily prosecuted under the law.
    Do try and keep up, Chuck. You've taken my post out of context.

    I was referring to an earlier post of Grant's relating to the religious adherence to the Golden Rule. In this instance, Grant expressed the superiority of Christianity over Islam based on the Golden Rule. Grant is wrong. No religion has a leg to stand on in terms of the Golden Rule. No religion is more superior regarding the Golden Rule in terms of the adherence of its practitioners.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Okaaaaaaay....well, I admire that you actually admit it.

    Funny I seem to recall a noteworthy man in history who also judged people by their religious affiliation.

    Oh what was his name?

    Oh yes...Adolf Hitler.


    Have a nice day.
    LOL!!
    You keep saying 'have a nice day' but I'm beginning to doubt your sincerity.

  9. #229
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Your opinion is not supported by facts. Give me some comparable facts and then we'll look at the results.
    LOL! I did in a post to RA just above #221.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Do try and keep up, Chuck. You've taken my post out of context.

    I was referring to an earlier post of Grant's relating to the religious adherence to the Golden Rule. In this instance, Grant expressed the superiority of Christianity over Islam based on the Golden Rule. Grant is wrong. No religion has a leg to stand on in terms of the Golden Rule. No religion is more superior regarding the Golden Rule in terms of the adherence of its practitioners.
    Actually you are wrong and the facts are quite clear. We need go no further than to look at the treatment of women and Gays in the Islamic dominated communities. Do you see any sign of a Golden Rule, or anything like it, there?

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •