Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 493

Thread: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

  1. #161
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    weird? I dont recal reading that anywhere
    can you post where i factually said that?

    oh thats right, you cant cause you made it up LMAO

    the point was falsely grouping people together based on the actions of some is illogical, dishonest, uneducated and or bigoted

    so yes my actual logic is sound since its based on common sense
    RabidAlpaca posted this:

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    At the absolute most you could estimate 1 million violent, radical muslims in the world. There are currently 1 billion muslims. That represents .1% of the muslim population.
    Then you quoted him, boldened the part above and responded with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    shhhhhh
    dont let common sense and logc get in the way of being uneducated and grouping people together in a biased and bigoted way

    you're silly RA

    the fact is, his "one million" figure was just made up.......no real basis for it whatsover..........and you defend it as "logic" and "common sense"........how silly!
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  2. #162
    Sage
    DA60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,651

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    "Unbiased" and "pertinent" isn't dictated by what you like, and Pew has a long established reputation in the area
    Your statement is noted.


    Have a nice day.
    'What kind of sick and twisted toy factory is this?'
    'We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away.'
    "Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."

  3. #163
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 02:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I did no such thing.
    Yes you did. It's right at the link, so I am lost on what you think lying will accomplish

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    The truth is I thought your point was irrelevent.
    You seem like the type that thinks anything that proves you wrong is irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I ws simply pointing out to Grant that there are indeed countries where the majority of the population are Muslim that are not politically repressive.
    Indonesia is dealing with some huge issues on the religious front, and extremism and fundamentalism is a huge concern there. Not sure why you would want to ignore that

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Then you jumped in with your point.
    If you want to have a private conversation with him I suggest taking it to PMs

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Which I read, discarded as irrelevent to my point and posted what I felt like posting as a reply.
    Nope, you tried to address it, was proven wrong, and now claim you never addressed it and always saw it as irrelevant ...

  4. #164
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 02:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Your statement is noted.


    Have a nice day.
    you, as well

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post

    I ws simply pointing out to Grant that there are indeed countries where the majority of the population are Muslim that are not politically repressive.
    That's not quite right. What i said was "ALL are repressive. All of them. Of course if you want to name one that isn't I'd like to hear back from you".

    Having a larger percentage of Muslims does not mean it is an "Islamic dominated country". Islam did not rule over Turkey, though it soon will. You are being less than honest here.

  6. #166
    Sage
    DA60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,651

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Yes you did. It's right at the link, so I am lost on what you think lying will accomplish



    You seem like the type that thinks anything that proves you wrong is irrelevant.



    Indonesia is dealing with some huge issues on the religious front, and extremism and fundamentalism is a huge concern there. Not sure why you would want to ignore that



    If you want to have a private conversation with him I suggest taking it to PMs



    Nope, you tried to address it, was proven wrong, and now claim you never addressed it and always saw it as irrelevant ...
    Okaaaay.

    I just got through telling you that I do not wish to waste my time debating with someone with an apparent closed mind who seems to negatively judge people by their religious beliefs.

    And then you reply with one of these multi-quote replies?

    Whenever I see one of those (especially the ones with 4 or more quotes), that just screams out; 'Please debate with me'.

    Sorry, not in the mood for the reasons I have mentioned twice now.

    But keep those links to unbiased, factual statistics coming all you wish.


    Have a nice day.
    'What kind of sick and twisted toy factory is this?'
    'We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away.'
    "Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."

  7. #167
    Engineer
    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    12,253

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    RabidAlpaca posted this:



    Then you quoted him, boldened the part above and responded with this:



    the fact is, his "one million" figure was just made up.......no real basis for it whatsover..........and you defend it as "logic" and "common sense"........how silly!
    Then by all means, I'd like to see your reference showing that more than 1 million muslims are actually personally violent and radical. That is the entire basis of the christians in this thread. That the christian religion is superior because the muslim faith is violent.
    "If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself." ~ Martin Heidegger

  8. #168
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 02:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Okaaaay.

    I just got through telling you that I do not wish to waste my time debating with someone with an apparent closed mind who seems to negatively judge people by their religious beliefs.
    1) I don't negatively judge people for their religous beliefs.

    2) you are free to ignore me

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    And then you reply with one of these multi-quote replies?
    Are you seriously crying because I responded to you on an open forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Whenever I see one of those, that just screams out 'Please debate with me'...no offense.
    None taken, but I'm fine with you ignoring my posts. I just find yours willfully misinformed at best, and dishonest at worst, so felt it was necessarily to reply to them. If you stop posting, none of this would be necessary though

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Sorry, not in the mood for the reasons I have mentioned twice now.
    Well, you penned a reply to tell me how you're not going to reply ....

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    But keep those links to unbiased, factual statistics coming all you wish.
    and keep ignoring information that doesn't mesh with what you want to believe


    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Have a nice day.
    you too

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    [QUOTE=DA60;1061550795]Okaaaay.

    I just got through telling you that I do not wish to waste my time debating with someone with an apparent closed mind who seems to negatively judge people by their religious beliefs.
    We cannot judge people by their beliefs? That would seem to be a pretty good place to start.

  10. #170
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 02:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Then by all means, I'd like to see your reference showing that more than 1 million muslims are actually personally violent and radical. That is the entire basis of the christians in this thread. That the christian religion is superior because the muslim faith is violent.
    would you saying supporting state executions for changing your religion was violent?

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •