Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 493

Thread: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

  1. #141
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Well played.
    Sadly that doesn't even address what I wrote, and you two should really research the topic before trying to defend your position. I suggest looking here to understand what I am talking about

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1061550694

  2. #142
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Critical of Christianity? Or the individuals?
    I would also be highly critical of the organized Christian Churches if they did not openly and vehemently condemn such acts by individuals.

    I have zero problem with individual Muslims who practice their beliefs peacefully and are tolerant of the beliefs of other individuals........I have BIG problems with what little Muslim kids are being taught in Madrassas by radical Imams in nations run by radical Muslim governments when the rest of the world's so-called "moderate" Muslim communities do not openly condemn the radical elements.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    <<<In Indonesia, about nine-in-ten Muslims (91%) either say that their religion plays a large role in politics and that this is a good thing or that Islam plays a small role and that this is a bad thing. Similarly, at least three-quarters of Muslims in Egypt (85%), Nigeria (82%) and Jordan (76%) consider Islamic influence over political life to be a positive thing for their country, as do 69% of Muslims in Pakistan and 58% in Lebanon.>>>

    <<<In Lebanon, Turkey and Indonesia, majorities of Muslims reject legalized gender segregation in the workplace. More than eight-in-ten in Lebanon (89%) and Turkey (84%) express this opinion, as do 59% of Muslims in Indonesia.[>>>


    <<<When asked about the death penalty for those who leave the Muslim religion, at least three-quarters of Muslims in Jordan (86%), Egypt (84%) and Pakistan (76%) say they would favor making it the law; in Nigeria, 51% of Muslims favor and 46% oppose it. In contrast, Muslims in Lebanon, Turkey and Indonesia largely reject the notion that harsh punishments should be the law in their countries. About three-quarters of Turkish and Lebanese Muslims oppose the stoning of people who commit adultery (77% and 76%, respectively), as does a narrower majority (55%) of Muslims in Indonesia.>>>

    Muslim Publics Divided on Hamas and Hezbollah | Pew Global Attitudes Project

    As we can see, though Indonesia is moderate in comparison to the rest of the islamic world, it is hardly the epitome of enlightened thinking
    Who said anything about 'enlightened thinking'.

    The CIA states that it holds free and fair elections and is a democracy.

    Now, if you and Grant wish to call that a country that is politically repressive - go ahead.

    Though how a country can be a politically repressive one when it holds free and fair elections is beyond me.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I'm eagerly awaiting your personal condemnation of the holocaust on the main stream media networks.
    What has that to do with anything? Do you feel the Holocaust hasn't been sufficiently condemned? The only place I see support for the Holocaust is from Muslims, and of course we know they worked hand in glove with Hitler..

  5. #145
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,575

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What has that to do with anything? Do you feel the Holocaust hasn't been sufficiently condemned? The only place I see support for the Holocaust is from Muslims, and of course we know they worked hand in glove with Hitler..
    The point is, you're arguing that their imaginary friend is worse than your imaginary friend. You're grouping 1 billion people with a few radicals. It's ridiculous. If you were a real christian, you'd pray for their souls instead of jumping on debate sites and smack talking them because they share a religion with idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #146
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Fact is, you're condemning an entire religion based on a few bad eggs
    Really, can you show me where?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    yet you would throw a hissy fit if you were ever judged by radical christians. It's ridiculous. There are radical sects to all religions. Stop acting like you're somehow ****ing special.
    Pointing out that you are ignorent on the topic isn't a hissy fit, it's stating a fact

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Who said anything about 'enlightened thinking'.
    If 'enlightened thinking' is not a factor then Indonesia could be right up there with other countries, if it wasn't for the terrorists..
    The CIA states that it holds free and fair elections and is a democracy.
    While news reports coming out of the country says otherwise.

  8. #148
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,804

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The point is, you're arguing that their imaginary friend is worse than your imaginary friend. You're grouping 1 billion people with a few radicals. It's ridiculous. If you were a real christian, you'd pray for their souls instead of jumping on debate sites and smack talking them because they share a religion with idiots.
    Great post. I wish I had said that.
    Last edited by Risky Thicket; 03-09-13 at 05:35 PM.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Can you explain to me how that addresses what I wrote?
    It didn't.

    I read your post and typed what I wanted to type.


    As for your point. I thought it was irrelevent to my point.

    Do I want to spend hours debating with someone who appears to have a closed minded bias against fellow human beings strictly on the basis of their religious beliefs?

    No thanks.

    But if you have links to pertinent facts from unbiased sources - I will probably look at them.


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 03-09-13 at 05:41 PM.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: AP PHOTOS: Mob in Pakistan torches Christian homes

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The point is, you're arguing that their imaginary friend is worse than your imaginary friend. You're grouping 1 billion people with a few radicals. It's ridiculous. If you were a real christian, you'd pray for their souls instead of jumping on debate sites and smack talking them because they share a religion with idiots.
    Never once have I mentioned an imaginary friend. You must have been reading an imaginary post.

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •