Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73

Thread: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

  1. #41
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,837

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    How could anyone, other than a bigtime banker, not love what this woman is doing?

    Elizabeth Warren Wants HSBC Bankers Jailed for Money Laundering

    “How many billions of dollars do you have to launder for drug lords and how many sanctions do you have to violate before someone will consider shutting down a financial institution like this?”

    If you’re caught with an ounce of cocaine, the chances are good you’re going to jail. If it happens repeatedly, you may go to jail for the rest of your life,” an exasperated Warren said, as she wrapped up her questioning. “But evidently, if you launder nearly a billion dollars for drug cartels and violate our international sanctions, your company pays a fine and you go home and sleep in your own bed at night — every single individual associated with this — and I just think that’s fundamentally wrong.”

    Last edited by poweRob; 03-07-13 at 11:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Elizabeth Warren is doing a damn fine job bringing this issues up. I hope she
    keeps up the fight.
    The native american Elizabeth warren ? Or as I like to refer to her, the lying bitch.


    Shes doing a great job of perpetuating the " eeebil bank" BS narrative thats foe sure.

    People are wising up though.

    you see I have definitive and easily tracable native Ameeican blood running through my viens. 1/4 on my mothers side.

    2 weeks in the sun and I'm darker than your President.

    And I find it highly offensive that someone would misrepresent herself to gain a better posititon by lying about her lineage.

    Her tackling the banks ? Lol...

    The banks are just the latest manufactured target of the administration and ideology thats responsible for so much economic misery.....and its gonna get worse.

    You guys need to stop watching so many movies.

  3. #43
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,837

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The native american Elizabeth warren ? Or as I like to refer to her, the lying bitch.


    Shes doing a great job of perpetuating the " eeebil bank" BS narrative thats foe sure.

    People are wising up though.

    you see I have definitive and easily tracable native Ameeican blood running through my viens. 1/4 on my mothers side.

    2 weeks in the sun and I'm darker than your President.

    And I find it highly offensive that someone would misrepresent herself to gain a better posititon by lying about her lineage.

    Her tackling the banks ? Lol...

    The banks are just the latest manufactured target of the administration and ideology thats responsible for so much economic misery.....and its gonna get worse.

    You guys need to stop watching so many movies.
    You are so knee jerk. I can say certain words and guarantee that you respond with non sequitur bullcrap. It's rather hilarious. Elizabeth Warren... no matter the topic... you respond with the Fox talking point of "native american" crap narrative. It has nothing to do with anything being discussed. yet there you are pushing it. lol

    Listen, we are interested in actually discussing something so please take your pundit talking points somewhere else... mmmkay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You are so knee jerk. I can say certain words and guarantee that you respond with non sequitur bullcrap. It's
    rather hilarious. Elizabeth Warren... no matter the topic... you respond with the Fox talking point of "native american" crap narrative. It has nothing to do with anything being discussed. yet there you are pushing it. lol

    Listen, we are interested in actually discussing something so please take your pundit talking points somewhere else... mmmkay?
    Ive added my relevant input, and only you could apologize for something like Elizabeths Warrens conduct. You want to make light of it. Fine, its expected of you.

    I don't put up with corrupt people and she has some nerve to accuse anyone or any institution of inproper conduct.

    I've shown over and over how the banks were just set up and used by the Left to convince morons that they're responsible for the Nations ills.

    It takes an ideology as corrupt as yours to take institutions that have been around for decades and decades and broad brush them

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Funny how our "Socialist" President and his lick-spittles and lackies, all of whom were trained in the Alinsky Academy of Anarchy and Fascism are allowing those corporate overlords free rein as said banks continue to profit from illegal activities (that was sarcasm for those like Sheldon Cooper who don't understand sarcasm)



    What the hell is Holder doing commenting on our monetary/economic system???

    Oh yeah he believes hes a ****ing dictator hence has a say on how Obama and his cronies financially plan (dictate) the outcome.

    Thank God I have nothing to lose. I strongly sympathize with those who do.

  6. #46
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    I don't read Holder's comments as meaning he doesn't want to prosecute banks, he just acknowledges that to do so would cause serious harm to world financial markets. As part of the executive branch, he can't make laws, only enforce them...at this point, it's up to the legislature to do something about limiting the size of financial institutions so that they won't be TBTF (or TBTP).
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  7. #47
    Sidewalk Inspector
    Utility Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,098

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Safe to say that Rand Paul is not going to read Alice In Wonderland over this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    There were, by most estimates, 500 Nazis in Charlottesville. One of them went homicidal. Not all Nazis are violent extremists. You are trying to rationalize your hatred and it's simply not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as I noted, its better that 10 nutjobs get guns than one good person be wrongly disarmed.

  8. #48
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,837

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Ive added my relevant input, and only you could apologize for something like Elizabeths Warrens conduct. You want to make light of it. Fine, its expected of you.

    I don't put up with corrupt people and she has some nerve to accuse anyone or any institution of inproper conduct.

    I've shown over and over how the banks were just set up and used by the Left to convince morons that they're responsible for the Nations ills.

    It takes an ideology as corrupt as yours to take institutions that have been around for decades and decades and broad brush them
    Here's what I commented on. HSBC bank LAUNDERED ****ING DRUG CARTEL AND TERRORIST MONEY to the tune of $800 million which she is trying to take them to task for and all you bitch about is "she doesn't have native indian roots". That's not "relevant". That's echo-chambering irrelevant bullcrap because you are too married to your party and their echo-chamber to be able to see anything but spite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Here's what I commented on. HSBC bank LAUNDERED ****ING
    DRUG CARTEL AND TERRORIST MONEY to the tune of $800 million which she is trying to take them to task for and all you bitch about is "she doesn't have native indian roots". That's not "relevant". That's echo-chambering irrelevant bullcrap because you are too married to your party and their echo-chamber to be able to see anything but spite.
    Your selective outrage over a BRITISH bank is enlightening.

    Hate those drug cartels don't you Rob.

    That is unless Holders supplying them with thousands of fully automatic weapons and then you pipe down. Even when a US border guard loses his life.

    Your rage subsides and you scoff at something that has been proven, not something thats part of a bankrupt narrative.

    Again, what power would holder have over the BRITISH BANK HSBC ? Holder who refuuses to be accountable for the gun running scam ?

    What else are the mean ole banks doing ?

  10. #50
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    I have yet to find anyone who can explain exactly what laws "Wall Street" or the banks broke in the financial meltdown, and who exactly (as in, PEOPLE) is responsible and should be prosecuted. Sure, lots of talk of "prosecution," but precious little of what exactly to prosecute FOR.

    You can SAY "things suck now and I'd feel better if someone went to jail," but that's not how it works.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •