Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73

Thread: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

  1. #11
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,226

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Irrational hatred of others does not provide
    for rational debate
    I'm trying to explain that to you.

    It's NOT IRRATIONAL if I provide data which youv'e clearly ignored.

    Holders got you and others right where he wants you. Believing some BS liberal Narrative about the "eeebil banks" when there is volumes of data out there that shows they were forced to lower their lending standards under the Clinton regime.

    And Obama has doubled down AGAIN on the CRA and now is targeting auto and student loans.

    Holder just went after Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo initially refusef to take TARP money. You know why ?

    They didin't make loans to poor people with jacked up credit and no work history.

    Wake up. You bitch about the banks and Obama but haven't spent 5 seconds researching what caused the banks to lower their standards or Fannie and Freddie to lower their standards in the first place.

    You realize that over 2/3 of all low quality, sub-prime alt-a loans was on the books of Government backed or insured entities and Fannie and Freddie owned 65% of it.

    6 trillion of GSE debt sits on the Treasuries books, and you blame the banks who were following regulatory controls through the CRA and though HUD.

    Irrational my ass. I have supplied pages worth of data to support my claims. Dont let the people who caused the collapse influence your better judgment.
    Last edited by Fenton; 03-07-13 at 12:24 PM.

  2. #12
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,742

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    This happens to rich people all the time. "What's that? He drove drunk and killed a man? Well, we can't send him to jail, think of how it would affect his business which creates so many jobs!"
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #13
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Holder is like the gift that keeps on giving.

    First he armed the mexican drug cartels.
    Then he argued that the president can legally put anyone in jail because he wants to.
    Then he argued that there are legal grounds for the president to use the drones on US soil, on US citizens.
    Now he won't prosecute banks.

    This guy is Obama's protege.
    Do I hear Holder-Obama 2016?
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  4. #14
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,785

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I'm trying to explain that to you.

    It's NOT IRRATIONAL if I provide data which youv'e clearly ignored.

    Holders got you and others right where he wants you. Believing some BS liberal Narrative about the "eeebil banks" when there is volumes of data out there that shows they were forced to lower their lending standards under the Clinton regime.

    And Obama has doubled down AGAIN on the CRA and now is targeting auto and student loans.

    Holder just went after Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo initially refusef to take TARP money. You know why ?

    They didin't make loans to poor people with jacked up credit and no work history.

    Wake up. You bitch about the banks and Obama but haven't spent 5 seconds researching what caused the banks to lower their standards or Fannie and Freddie to lower their standards in the first place.

    You realize that over 2/3 of all low quality, sub-prime alt-a loans was on the books of Government backed or insured entities and Fannie and Freddie owned 65% of it.

    6 trillion of GSE debt sits on the Treasuries books, and you blame the banks who were following regulatory controls through the CRA and though HUD.

    Irrational my ass. I have supplied pages worth of data to support my claims. Dont let the people who caused the collapse influence your better judgment.

    If it doesn't fit your beliefs then we find your responses tend to wander off the topic of the thread. This thread is NOT ABOUT BAD MORTGAGES AND THE CRA - PLEASE PAY ATTENTION!

    Atty General Holder in testimony before Congress stated that the primary reason for the failure of the Obama DoJ to prosecute the mega banks for their on-going fraud and illegal actions is tied to the fact that said banks have reached a place in the world economy so significant that if one of them were to be shut down, the economic repercussions would be highly detrimental to the economy.

    THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE PROBLEMS RESULTING FROM MORTGAGE LOAN FRAUD.

    Your hatred of the present Administration apparently means that only those 'facts' you believe to be true are acceptable in any discussion regarding the "too big to fail" banks. For instance you state: "You realize that over 2/3 of all low quality, sub-prime alt-a loans was on the books of Government backed or insured entities and Fannie and Freddie owned 65% of it." A true statement BUT true only as the financial crisis began to reach its peak, just before the collapse.

    Your 'facts' come only from sources that refuse to accept the complexity of the financial crisis, you beat the same drum to the point that it needs a new skin.

    The people who "caused the collapse" for the most part benefited greatly from their practices but again: THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE PROBLEMS RESULTING FROM MORTGAGE LOAN FRAUD.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  5. #15
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,725

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Funny how our "Socialist" President and his lick-spittles and lackies, all of whom were trained in the Alinsky Academy of Anarchy and Fascism are allowing those corporate overlords free rein as said banks continue to profit from illegal activities (that was sarcasm for those like Sheldon Cooper who don't understand sarcasm)



    Big banks, otherwise known as corporate welfare queens, loot America and the tax payers, and the Obama Administration tells us that they are too big to fail, so we should be nice to them and let them live.

    NO bankster is too big to fail. Look what Teddy Roosevelt did with the trusts when he was president. What America needs right now is a Teddy Roosevelt for the banksters. If I was president, the first thing I would do in office would be to shut down those banks that were run into the ground, and jail those who ran them into the ground for fraud.

    **** Obama, and **** the banksters.

    /RANT


    Last edited by danarhea; 03-07-13 at 08:21 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #16
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    I forget which one, but I think either the AG of New York or New Jersey has started going after the banks and executives.

  7. #17
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute
    if true, they are too large to exist.

    if false, they are still too large to exist.

    capitalism works because of competition, not in spite of it.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,785

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Big banks, otherwise known as corporate welfare queens, loot America and the tax payers, and the Obama Administration tells us that they are too big to fail, so we should be nice to them and let them live.

    NO bankster is too big to fail. Look what Teddy Roosevelt did with the trusts when he was president. What America needs right now is a Teddy Roosevelt for the banksters. If I was president, the first thing I would do in office would be to shut down those banks that were run into the ground, and jail those who ran them into the ground for fraud.

    **** Obama, and **** the banksters.

    /RANT


    Senator Warren (D-MA) is a tad upset with AG Holder
    During a Senate Banking Committee hearing, the new Democrat on the block from Massachusetts questioned why banking institutions, such as HSBC, have been allowed to get off so easy with the Justice Department.

    In December, the U.S. government reached a deal with the British bank, which agreed to pay more than $1.9 billion in fines to settle charges of money laundering for Mexican drug cartels and completing transactions for countries under U.S. sanctions. Yet, no criminal charges were filed against individuals within the company.

    AG Holder's words
    U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder admitted it’s hard to prosecute these megabanks who are in the wrong and argued it could do more harm than good.

    “I am concerned that the size of some of these institutions becomes so large that it does become difficult for us to prosecute them when we are hit with indications that if we do prosecute — if we do bring a criminal charge — it will have a negative impact on the national economy, perhaps even the world economy,” Holder said on Wednesday. “I think that is a function of the fact that some of these institutions have become too large.”
    In a response to Senator Warren's words during the hearing, we get yet one more example of the level of 'journalism' to be found on the Fox network, in this instance Fox Business
    Gerri Willis of Fox Business News just can’t get over the amount of support the U.S. government gives big banks. We support them, she said, citing Elizabeth Warren’s comments to Ben Bernanke during a Senate hearing yesterday, to the tune of $83 trillion (over what time frame is left unspecified). “Some $83 trillion, $83 trillion,” she told House Financial Services Committee Chairman Jeb Hensarling yesterday. “You know, I can’t get over that number.”

    “Absolutely,” Hensarling replied.
    Senator Warren actually said $83 Billion - not Trillion. For an explanation of that figure - link
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  9. #19
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Funny how our "Socialist" President and his lick-spittles and lackies, all of whom were trained in the Alinsky Academy of Anarchy and Fascism are allowing those corporate overlords free rein as said banks continue to profit from illegal activities (that was sarcasm for those like Sheldon Cooper who don't understand sarcasm)



    Be proud of your dear leader, you voted for him.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #20
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Holder: Banks May Be Too Large to Prosecute

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Senator Warren (D-MA) is a tad upset with AG Holder



    AG Holder's words


    In a response to Senator Warren's words during the hearing, we get yet one more example of the level of 'journalism' to be found on the Fox network, in this instance Fox Business


    Senator Warren actually said $83 Billion - not Trillion. For an explanation of that figure - link
    People misspeak numbers all the time. Were you equally as outraged when Maxine Waters stated sequestration would cause the loss of 170 "million" jobs in the US?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •