Page 98 of 144 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1439

Thread: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

  1. #971
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,498

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Welliam Wittier View Post
    What Reverse is also ignoring is the fact that a person is charged with murder for unjustly killing an unborn child and how the legal definition of murder adds to the support of our claims.

    You can't be charged with murder for killing anything other than another human being / person.

    He knows this because It's been pointed out before but he wants to act like he never read it at all.
    Alrighty then...whatever churns your butter. I can't argue with the facts that's been stated inside the Act...which it clearly defines the legal definition of VICTIM, aka "child in utero". And the lawmakers were clear about its intent...which it states that in its own words...that that law is not to be taken as a doorway to personhood for a fetus...regardless of what stage of development its in. The lawmakers didn't want a constitutional intervention...so they made their intent known...and a clear definition as to who "victims" were...

    So please....please...I'm not the one to be arguing with regarding the Unborn Victims Act. I think the sponsors of that law...might be the place to take up your argument with.

    I mean...it says what it says. I didn't write it.

  2. #972
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    I am all for making prenatal care available to all pregnant women.
    Prenatal care has always been available to pregnant women.
    But prenatal care doesn't prevent stretch marks, hemorrhoids, pelvic floor disease, or saggy boobs.
    It was never expected to.

    Just get over it, all women will have some permanent damage to their bodies from pregnancy/childbirth.
    That has never been in doubt, though some women certainly deal with it better than others.

  3. #973
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-13-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    527

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Alrighty then...whatever churns your butter. I can't argue with the facts that's been stated inside the Act...which it clearly defines the legal definition of VICTIM, aka "child in utero". And the lawmakers were clear about its intent...which it states that in its own words...that that law is not to be taken as a doorway to personhood for a fetus...regardless of what stage of development its in. The lawmakers didn't want a constitutional intervention...so they made their intent known...and a clear definition as to who "victims" were...

    So please....please...I'm not the one to be arguing with regarding the Unborn Victims Act. I think the sponsors of that law...might be the place to take up your argument with.

    I mean...it says what it says. I didn't write it.
    Whether the lawmakers intended to do it or not. By making the killing a crime of MURDER, they have legally recognized the personhood of the child killed.

    Murder has a specific legal definition.

    Also, it's worth noting the many State's Fetal Homicide laws which have expanded on the legal precedents set by the UVOVA.
    Last edited by Welliam Wittier; 03-13-13 at 07:39 PM.

  4. #974
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Welliam Wittier View Post
    Whether the lawmakers intended to or not. By making the killing a crime of MURDER, they have legally recognized the personhood of the child killed.

    Murder has a specific legal definition.

    Also, it's worth noting the many State's Fetal Homicide laws which have expanded on the legal precedents set by the UVOVA.
    your OPINION and INTERPRETATION of what you think and what has factually been done are not the same.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #975
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    I am all for making prenatal care available to all pregnant women. But prenatal care doesn't prevent stretch marks, hemorrhoids, pelvic floor disease, or saggy boobs. Just get over it, all women will have some permanent damage to their bodies from pregnancy/childbirth.
    the only actual harm you listed, pelvic floor disease, as well as the only definite nuisance, hemorrhoids, have been proven to be preventable by prenatal care, the rest are just natural signs of aging, people who do more living tend to do more aging, that's not a disease. what is a disease, is narcissistic hedonism, characterized by by the obsession with the idea that the physical appearance of barely nubile youth is the epitome of beauty, and that the lack of the physical appearance of barely nubile youth, is a disease.

  6. #976
    Guru
    OKgrannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,221

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman76 View Post
    the only actual harm you listed, pelvic floor disease, as well as the only definite nuisance, hemorrhoids, have been proven to be preventable by prenatal care, the rest are just natural signs of aging, people who do more living tend to do more aging, that's not a disease. what is a disease, is narcissistic hedonism, characterized by by the obsession with the idea that the physical appearance of barely nubile youth is the epitome of beauty, and that the lack of the physical appearance of barely nubile youth, is a disease.
    What you're saying now is that anyone who cares about the damage done to her body by pregnancy/childbirth is just mentally sick. Those effects on the body cannot be prevented by prenatal care. I don't know what you think prenatal care consists of, but it's not prevention of so-called "natural" damage to the body. And nobody is more attractive from having those things happen to her body. Mostly women are willing to endure those changes because they want children, but certainly no one should be forced to endure them.
    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
    ~Anonymous

  7. #977
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    What you're saying now is that anyone who cares about the damage done to her body by pregnancy/childbirth is just mentally sick. Those effects on the body cannot be prevented by prenatal care. I don't know what you think prenatal care consists of, but it's not prevention of so-called "natural" damage to the body. And nobody is more attractive from having those things happen to her body. Mostly women are willing to endure those changes because they want children, but certainly no one should be forced to endure them.
    its funny how some people think its ok to force someone to risk their lives against their will in this case but not in any other case.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #978
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,498

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Welliam Wittier View Post
    Whether the lawmakers intended to or not. By making the killing a crime of MURDER, they have legally recognized the personhood of the child killed.

    Murder has a specific legal definition.
    READ MY LIPS...I didn't make the law...nor controlled the creation of the legal definition of child in utero. Obviously you don't like it.

    The law makers...nullified the common definition of murder...by creating a clear, concise definition of child in utero...stating in the language of the bill ...its intent...and what is didn't not mean...in which clearly and concisely, by the language the bill, it was created in such a way...as not to imply or create personhood. That was a very problematic issue when the law was still a bill...and the lawmakers didn't want a Constitutional intervention by the S.C. They said as much during the whole process.

    You are hell bent on rewriting that law inside your own mind to fit your own personal views. It won't stand in the S.C.

    The law has been around since 2004. If it didn't meet the constitutional boundaries it should...then the S.C...would have already have been determined its constitutionality. It's been 9 years...and still...not a peep in legal or government circles about it creating personhood...

    The only people who want that law to be something its not...is a folks who confused the word "Victim with Person".

    Again...I'm the messenger. I didn't write the law.

  9. #979
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    What you're saying now is that anyone who cares about the damage done to her body by pregnancy/childbirth is just mentally sick. Those effects on the body cannot be prevented by prenatal care. I don't know what you think prenatal care consists of, but it's not prevention of so-called "natural" damage to the body. And nobody is more attractive from having those things happen to her body. Mostly women are willing to endure those changes because they want children, but certainly no one should be forced to endure them.
    fine then i should be allowed to kill you because i have the right not to be forced to endure ugliness. your argument isn't a disease but i think it's ugly so i must kill someone to prevent it. it's my right as a woman to kill someone to prevent a minor nuisance because i think it's ugly, fair enough?

  10. #980
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-13-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    527

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    The law has been around since 2004. If it didn't meet the constitutional boundaries it should...then the S.C...would have already have been determined its constitutionality. It's been 9 years...and still...not a peep in legal or government circles about it creating personhood...

    The only people who want that law to be something its not...is a folks who confused the word "Victim with Person".

    Again...I'm the messenger. I didn't write the law.
    The Supreme Court Can't rule on it until it has been challenged.

    To date, it has not been challenged.

    So, State after State has been passing more and more laws along these same lines - to essentially chip away at Roe and with the intent of forcing a challenge by the abortion proponents that will cause the Supreme Court to rule on it.

    You seem to believe the Unborn Victims of Violence Act was the end of it - when in fact, it was just a new beginning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •