Page 81 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1439

Thread: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

  1. #801
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    What? LOL! Grant, that's the point. Zefs are not counted.
    Your point, such as it was, was clear, and quite ridiculous.

  2. #802
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-10-13 @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    522

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    What? LOL! Grant, that's the point. Zefs are not counted.
    So these people aren't humans?
    United States Census - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Certain American citizens living overseas are specifically excluded from being counted in the census even though they may vote. Only Americans living abroad who are "Federal employees (military and civilian) and their dependents living overseas with them" are counted. "Private U.S. citizens living abroad who are not affiliated with the Federal government (either as employees or their dependents) will not be included in the overseas counts.

  3. #803
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,947

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Is brain activity the threshold of when babies might now be aborted? It seems the goal posts keep getting moved.
    Well, persons are not aborted.
    I call fetuses fetuses because that is the proper term for that stage of development.

    Actually the limit of viability is currently 24 weeks gestation. The limit of viability has not changed in the last 12 years.
    In the Roe vs Wade decision they set viability about 24 to 28 weeks gestation.

    Consciousness takes place about 24 weeks weeks gestation. So the time frame is the same and the goal posts have really not been moved.
    Last edited by minnie616; 03-11-13 at 03:33 PM.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  4. #804
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    So these people aren't humans?
    Private US citizens living abroad are related to a zygote, how?










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  5. #805
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-10-13 @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    522

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Private US citizens living abroad are related to a zygote, how?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Do you need to be included in the US Census before you are a human being??? If you have a copy of this law could you submit a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    What? LOL! Grant, that's the point. Zefs are not counted.
    Private US citizens living abroad are not counted either. Your argument was:

    1. Zefs are not counted in the census
    2. Therefore they are not human

    In order for your conclusion to be valid, private US citizens living abroad can't be humans because they are also not counted.

  6. #806
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    Private US citizens living abroad are not counted either. Your argument was:

    1. Zefs are not counted in the census
    2. Therefore they are not human

    In order for your conclusion to be valid, private US citizens living abroad can't be humans because they are also not counted.
    They are counted. Private citizens abroad pay US taxes. They are not counted in US Census because they don't live in the US.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  7. #807
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,947

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    Private US citizens living abroad are not counted either. Your argument was:

    1. Zefs are not counted in the census
    2. Therefore they are not human

    In order for your conclusion to be valid, private US citizens living abroad can't be humans because they are also not counted.
    I think you are confusing the term person with the term human.

    The U.S. Census figures are based on actual counts of persons dwelling in U.S. residential structures.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  8. #808
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-10-13 @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    522

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    They are counted. Private citizens abroad pay US taxes. They are not counted in US Census because they don't live in the US.
    Huh? Which is it?

  9. #809
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-10-13 @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    522

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    I think you are confusing the term person with the term human.

    The U.S. Census figures are based on actual counts of persons dwelling in U.S. residential structures.
    I'm the one disagreeing with this. Shouldn't this post be directed at Risky Thicket, who made that claim?

  10. #810
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,947

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    Huh? Which is it?
    Both.

    US citizens abroad are counted as US citizens and have to pay taxes.

    The US census counts citizebn living in the US so they can allocate Congressional seats (congressional apportionment), electoral votes, and government program funding.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •