Page 61 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1439

Thread: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

  1. #601
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    I did not say a fetus is a body part I said the fetus is attached to the woman. I said a pre viable fetus cannot live apart from the woman and that it was not a separate entity until it is born.
    And there have been hundreds (if not thousands) of cases where premes survived outside the mother. So who are you to determine the validity of a life?

    You may as well say old people who need constant care should just be murdered because they couldn't survive on their own.

    Guess what? an infant cant survive on it's own.... Hell, generally a kid younger than 5-years-old probably couldn't survive on its own.



    I suppose your point is moot.

  2. #602
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    And there have been hundreds (if not thousands) of cases where premes survived outside the mother. So who are you to determine the validity of a life?

    You may as well say old people who need constant care should just be murdered because they couldn't survive on their own.

    Guess what an infant cant survive on it's own.... Hell, generally a kid younger than 5-years-old probably couldn't survive on its own.

    I suppose your point is moot.
    No, premies can't survive without machines. And the US has the HIGHEST mortality rate of newborns in all the technological world. We LOSE baby because they ARE born early.
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  3. #603
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    A fetus is a person and an individual. You have no damn proof to prove otherwise.

    I was due on October 12th, I was born on September 17th - does that not make me valid as a human because I wasn't birthed on time? or was I only valid on October 12th or later?
    A fetus is not a person.

    As far as not being born on time, you are now grasping for something relevant to say; so desperate that you have to pretend that abortion has something to do with punctuality
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #604
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    What is the constitution but a group of individuals philosophical beliefs? Have you gone absolute on me now?
    You don't know what the constitution is?

    I'm not surprised

    Random or not, the constitution is simply a group of people's best stab at discerning Truth, at best. And we have seen that often is wasn't a very good stab, or at least it's interpretation and implementation were not.
    No, it's nothing of the sort. It takes a delusional understanding to think it is anything but a political and legal document that describes the organization and powers of our system of govt.


    So now you are trying to take us from the discussion about when an unborn child actually becomes human, to the idea that conception itself is some nebulous process for which we can't fix a precise point. Why the shift?
    You haven't yet provided an argument to my point that because we can't define when an unborn child becomes human, we should err on the side of caution and call it at conception. Now you want to equivocate on the point of conception?
    As the tail may wag their dog, so the dishonest persons conclusions must wag their facts.
    It doesn't matter when a living thing becomes a human. The only thing that matters is when it becomes a person, and that happens at birth. Until then, the constitution offers it no protection



    “That is, in human reproduction, when sperm joins ovum, these two individual cells cease to be, and their union generates a new and distinct organism. This organism is a whole, though in the beginning developmentally immature, member of the human species. Readers need not take our word for this: They can consult any of the standard human-embryology texts, such as Moore and Persaud’s The Developing Human, Larsen’s Human Embryology, Carlson’s Human Embryology & Developmental Biology, and O’Rahilly and Mueller’s Human Embryology & Teratology.” – Dr. Robert George
    It says nothing about the fetus becoming a person, and even if it did it wouldn't matter

    And it says nothing about any fictional "moment of conception"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #605
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    Progressive Democrats of America





    As to the criminals in this nation, they legally buy their guns now at gun shows and on the internet where NO background check is currently required. If you think background checks won't hinder the supply of guns to criminals, then you've not studied the issue at all.

    BTW, next time let's agree on the definitions of the political spectrums of the two parties before we talk about them. Agreed?

    As you can see from the above, the progressives ARE like liberals and the fascists like the current right wing.
    You think gun dealers sell guns to gangbangers at gun shows?

    No sorry, the guns the gangsters buy are smuggled, stolen or are purchased 3rd party.

    Buying a gun isn't exactly like buying candy at a gun show - at least if you're some shady strange dude that looks like a psycho or gangbanger.

    Gun dealers just don't sell guns to anyone who wants one. However, I could go to the ghetto and buy one with no problem whatsoever. I could go buy a Mac 10 right now for $100 off some gangster on the streets with 10 bodies on it - and that Mac definitely didn't come from a reputable fire arms enthusiast - it came from a cartel.

  6. #606
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    You have said (If I remember correctly from your post) that a child is not a person until it is born. Is that your personal belief, or is that simply the law as it exists today, or both?
    A fetus is not a person as that word is used in the constitution.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #607
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    A fetus is not a person.

    As far as not being born on time, you are now grasping for something relevant to say; so desperate that you have to pretend that abortion has something to do with punctuality
    You're not in a position to make that determination.

    If I really wanted to I could say the moon is made out of cheese and stick to that and be as snug as you.

  8. #608
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You think gun dealers sell guns to gangbangers at gun shows?

    No sorry, the guns the gangsters buy are smuggled, stolen or are purchased 3rd party.

    Buying a gun isn't exactly like buying candy at a gun show - at least if you're some shady strange dude that looks like a psycho or gangbanger.

    Gun dealers just don't sell guns to anyone who wants one. However, I could go to the ghetto and buy one with no problem whatsoever. I could go buy a Mac 10 right now for $100 off some gangster on the streets with 10 bodies on it - and that Mac definitely didn't come from a reputable fire arms enthusiast - it came from a cartel.
    Yeah, right. No one cares who comes in to buy a gun at a dealer show. They want to make a profit. Do you think the gangsters come in wearing their colors and punching people?

    You have a lot to learn about the type of criminals in this nation. Gun Dealers would sell it to the neighbor who threatened to kill the gun dealrer's grandma if he could make a buck.

    Then, we have the ebay and other online sites that sell guns. Think they require a web cam to sell it?
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  9. #609
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Here is fact - abortion meets the criteria of first degree murder.
    We have already established that you are willing to make dishonest claims and present them as facts. There's no need to provide further evidence of this

    Funny how someone can be charged with murder for shooting or punching a pregnant woman in the stomach, however that same woman on that same day could go get an abortion and it's perfectly fine... If a "fetus" isn't human, than how can the criminal system charge someone with murder? oh yeah, because the only thing that matters in that instance is NOT weather the fetus was valid but its about weather or not the mother wanted the baby.

    See how that works?

    You have anything to say about that?
    I think it's sick that you think an violent assault is funny
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #610
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    A fetus is not a person as that word is used in the constitution.
    Show me where that word is used in the constitution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •