Page 58 of 144 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 1439

Thread: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

  1. #571
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    That's why I used my birth date as an example. I was born 4 weeks early, does that not make me a person? I mean I didn't come out when I was supposed to... Obviously I survived but using his logic it would have been ok to abort me because I wasn't a "person" when I was born on September 17th and not October 12th.
    The day you were born you became a person.
    Even premies who are born two months or more early are persons. Your argument is invalid.

    Abortions after the limit of viability are very rare.
    Only .08 percent of all abortions in this country take place after 24 weeks gestation ( which is the limit of viability).

    They are the extreme cases. The cases where the woman's life is at risk or where irreparable damage to a major bodily function would take place if the pregnancy were allowed to continue, where the fetus died a natural death in the womb and it was not expelled ( yes, the removal of dead fetus and the fetal material is called an abortion and would counted in .08 percent if it was removed after the 24 week gestation mark) the cases where the fetus would be stillborn or is so malformed it will only live a few minutes or hours.

    There were 323 legal abortions in Kansas in 2008 that took place after 22 weeks gestation.
    191 of those of fetuses were not viaible. They had died in the womb, would be stillborn or were so deformed they would only live a few hours or minutes.
    131 of those abortions were because irreparable damage to a major bodily function would take place if the pregnancy were allowed to continue. Those cases were extreme cases.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  2. #572
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Well apparently a fetus is an individual if someone is charged with murder for murdering a fetus. How can a person be charged with killing another person if that said person is not a person?

    So in other words a person is only a person in the womb only if the mother wants the child. If she doesn't want the child that child is not a person.... Yeah got it!
    They did not kill a person.

    They are charged with killing a fetus...it is feticide.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  3. #573
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Do you agree that a mother and child are two different individuals?

    So what gives the mother the right to kill a completely separate individual?

    This has absolutely nothing to do with privacy.

    I have no problem with abortions in life or death situations like ectopic pregnancies and such.
    A mother and a child are two individuals but a woman and the fetus are not two separate entities until birth.

    I had 6 pregnancies and I have 4 children. I know the difference between a fetus and a child.
    Last edited by minnie616; 03-09-13 at 05:06 PM.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  4. #574
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    As I said before...the woman has a right to privacy. Women have to right to control reproductivity. It really is not about PROPERTY.
    It is not about her owning her body.
    I think that is where your confusion lies.
    there is no confusion,.........you own you.

    the government does not own you, you are not property of the state.

    to have reproductive rights as you say, means you have control of your body, and no other person or entity does,........ before you are your own property.

  5. #575
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    For one thing, you haven't been shy about asking people questions about matters they didn't raise in the first place, so you really aren't in a good place to object when someone does the same to you.

    For another, unlike your questions, which seem to be more related to your interest in constitutional theory, my question is directly related to the matter at hand (ie abortion)

    With that said, I do appreciate your taking the time to try and answer my question



    I have seen you argue (and correct me if I've misunderstood you) that the fed govt only has those powers which the constitution has explicitely delegated to it. However, no matter how hard I look, I can't find anything in the constitution which says that the govt has been given the power to regulate abortion. Considering the possibility that I have overlooked it, I am asking you to please locate and identify the passage which grants our govt this power.

    While I do (again) appreciate your taking the time to respond, I did not ask you to outline your reasoning for why you think the govt has (or does not have) the power to regulate abortion. What I did ask was for you to quote from the Constitution where it authorizes the govt to regulate abortion.
    for some REASON you keep ASSOCIATING ME WITH HAVING SAID GOVERNMENT CAN BAN OR REGULATE ABORTION, AND I NEVER<--------- MADE SUCH A STATEMENT...........AT ALL.........I STATED VOTING WAS REGULATED BY THE FOUNDERS.

    so you need to get you statements tied to the correct person that made them..........because i never did.

  6. #576
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    The day you were born you became a person.
    Even premies who are born two months or more early are persons. Your argument is invalid.

    Abortions after the limit of viability are very rare.
    Only .08 percent of all abortions in this country take place after 24 weeks gestation ( which is the limit of viability).

    They are the extreme cases. The cases where the woman's life is at risk or where irreparable damage to a major bodily function would take place if the pregnancy were allowed to continue, where the fetus died a natural death in the womb and it was not expelled ( yes, the removal of dead fetus and the fetal material is called an abortion and would counted in .08 percent if it was removed after the 24 week gestation mark) the cases where the fetus would be stillborn or is so malformed it will only live a few minutes or hours.

    There were 323 legal abortions in Kansas in 2008 that took place after 22 weeks gestation.
    191 of those of fetuses were not viaible. They had died in the womb, would be stillborn or were so deformed they would only live a few hours or minutes.
    131 of those abortions were because irreparable damage to a major bodily function would take place if the pregnancy were allowed to continue. Those cases were extreme cases.
    Yeah but who are you to determine that?

    I've already given examples of woman having their fetuses murdered and the perpetrator being charged, prosecuted and convicted of murder.

    You just cant say and be correct that "the second a fetus is born its and individual or person" because there is already legal precedence that proves otherwise.

  7. #577
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    A mother and a child are two individuals but a woman and the fetus are not two separate entities until birth.

    I had 6 pregnancies and I have 4 children. I know the difference between a fetus and a child.
    Yes - is it really so hard to understand how pregnancy works?

    It's not rocket science.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #578
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    They did not kill a person.

    They are charged with killing a fetus...it is feticide.
    No they're charged with murder.

  9. #579
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    A mother and a child are two individuals but a woman and the fetus are not two separate entities until birth.

    I had 6 pregnancies and I have 4 children. I know the difference between a fetus and a child.
    Yes they are two separate entities....

    A child is not an body part of the mother - hence they are two separate entities.

    If I stick my hand up a chicks yahoo does it make me and her the same entity?

  10. #580
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That could be interpreted as anti-abortion.
    The unborn child is certainly a life, is alive.
    The unborn child is genetically a unique individual, so is not "a part of the mothers body." The child is a unique individual within the mothers body. That is a scientific fact.
    Currently the law allows for the woman to decide whether to kill this unique life within her body, up to a point.
    The pivotal point of decision would appear to be "when is that unique body actually a human being." This point is usually set in a very arbitrary fashion by most people.
    For me, I believe it is a unique human life at conception. It is at that point everything it is ever going to be, in process.
    But there are those who will say until it can walk around on it's own, it is not a viable human being and is therefore not human.
    It is a very God-like decision to be making in my mind, to decide when a human life is actually human. Especially when that human existence hinges on the outcome of our decisions.
    Would it not make sense to err on the side of caution?

    --------->Or are we really smart enough to know the exact point of humanity?
    you list yourself as a conservative, and you see i am getting fire from YOU ,as well as LIBERALS.

    oh i am smart enough, its just those here who are not smart enough to answer, my questions.......i exclude<-- you from them...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •