Page 57 of 144 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1439

Thread: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

  1. #561
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Abortion does have something to do with an individuals right to privacy.

    I think perhaps you do not understand what right to privacy is really about:

    From this article:


    Personal Autonomy | LII / Legal Information Institute
    Abortion has nothing to do with privacy - there is absolutely nothing private about it considering we're talking about TWO individuals (one wanting to murder the other).

    If someone wanted to mutilate themselves I could care less - THAT would be a privacy issue, however murdering someone is NOT a privacy issue. Attempting to portray abortion as a "privacy issue" is nothing more than a lame attempt to justify murder. That's what people want to do - justify abortion my any and all means necessary.

    Calling abortion a privacy issue is like putting a mask over the criminals face. It doesn't change the fact it's wrong it just cloaks it in mystery.

  2. #562
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,952

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    ...

    Funny how someone can be charged with murder for shooting or punching a pregnant woman in the stomach, however that same woman on that same day could go get an abortion and it's perfectly fine... If a "fetus" isn't human, than how can the criminal system charge someone with murder? oh yeah, because the only thing that matters in that instance is NOT weather the fetus was valid but its about weather or not the mother wanted the baby.

    See how that works?

    You have anything to say about that?
    Some states have feticide laws but that does not mean a fetus is a person.
    All those feticide laws do allow for legal abortions.
    Roe vs Wade is a federal law and is the law of the land so the state feticide laws had to exempt legal abortion or those laws would have been struck down very quickly.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  3. #563
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,664

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    A fetis has no right to live. Only a person has such a right and a fetus is not a person, as the word is used in the constitution
    There have been many homicide charges brought upon those that have cause the intentional death of an unborn child, some even for the unintentional death of an unborn child.

    13-1105 - First degree murder; classification

    Wisconsin Legislature: 940.02

    FETAL HOMICIDE: Pennsylvania's Crimes Against the Unborn Child Law

    720*ILCS*5/*Criminal Code of 2012.

    Bill Text 24th Legislature

    List of punishments for murder in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #564
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    You have said (If I remember correctly from your post) that a child is not a person until it is born. Is that your personal belief, or is that simply the law as it exists today, or both?
    That's why I used my birth date as an example. I was born 4 weeks early, does that not make me a person? I mean I didn't come out when I was supposed to... Obviously I survived but using his logic it would have been ok to abort me because I wasn't a "person" when I was born on September 17th and not October 12th.

  5. #565
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,952

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    You have said (If I remember correctly from your post) that a child is not a person until it is born. Is that your personal belief, or is that simply the law as it exists today, or both?
    Actually a fetus is not person / baby/ child until it born. Once it becomes viaible it becomes a " potential person" as defined by
    Roe vs Wade.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  6. #566
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Some states have feticide laws but that does not mean a fetus is a person.
    All those feticide laws do allow for legal abortions.
    Roe vs Wade is a federal law and is the law of the land so the state feticide laws had to exempt legal abortion or those laws would have been struck down very quickly.
    Well apparently a fetus is an individual if someone is charged with murder for murdering a fetus. How can a person be charged with killing another person if that said person is not a person?

    So in other words a person is only a person in the womb only if the mother wants the child. If she doesn't want the child that child is not a person.... Yeah got it!

  7. #567
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Actually a fetus is not person / baby/ child until it born. Once it becomes viaible it becomes a " potential person" as defined by
    Roe vs Wade.
    I don't care how many scholars thought that and think that - it's a total load of crap.

    Woman can feel the baby moving and kicking - that "fetus" is a person and I could care less about people who say otherwise because they're only lying to themselves and they know it which makes them fools.

  8. #568
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,952

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Abortion has nothing to do with privacy - there is absolutely nothing private about it considering we're talking about TWO individuals...
    I disagree. I believe it is a privacy issue as it does have to with motherhood and procreation.
    No woman should ever be forced to risk their health and possibly their life to gestate and give birth.
    I will not support a law or a country that would force a woman to give birth.
    On the other side of the coin...
    I will not support a law or a country that would force a woman to have an abortion.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  9. #569
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    I disagree. I believe it is a privacy issue as it does have to with motherhood and procreation.
    No woman should ever be forced to risk their health and possibly their life to gestate and give birth.
    I will not support a law or a country that would force a woman to give birth.
    On the other side of the coin...
    I will not support a law or a country that would force a woman to have an abortion.
    Do you agree that a mother and child are two different individuals?

    So what gives the mother the right to kill a completely separate individual?

    This has absolutely nothing to do with privacy.

    I have no problem with abortions in life or death situations like ectopic pregnancies and such.

  10. #570
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    racial boogie man land
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,798

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Actually a fetus is not person / baby/ child until it born. Once it becomes viaible it becomes a " potential person" as defined by
    Roe vs Wade.
    That does not make it Truth, that makes it law. There is a difference. Understand that and you'll get somewhere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •