Page 141 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1439

Thread: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

  1. #1401
    Advisor Libertas-Mors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-13 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    370

    Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    This is precisely what the state should be allowed to choose. Good work Arkansas, let's hope this sets a precedent.

  2. #1402
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It isn't false terminology. Pro-choice is giving the woman the right to CHOOSE whether to have the baby or not. Hence PRO-CHOICE. Your side doesn't want the woman to be able to choose.
    Actually it means the woman has the choice to kill a baby because it would be inconvenient to birth it. Perhaps she will soon have the choice to kill it at any age. Planned Parenthood seems to be headed in that direction.

    Video: Planned Parenthood Official Argues for Right to Post-Birth Abortion | The Weekly Standard

  3. #1403
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I didn't read this post until after I responded to your other post. This effectively ends my debate with you. Any person that would frame this ridiculous argument isn't worth debating. Your entire train of thought is illogical and absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    So you are saying that no one with STDs should receive treatment because they took the risk - and treatment of course violates then science and reality - plus allows people to avoid responsibility. You would not be the first member on this forum tkaing that position.

    Nor should anyone injured in any accident be treated. Nor any athlete. Nor anyone allowed any medical treatment that took any risks whatsoever.

    I have NO DOUBT you do NOT apply your "responsibility" standard to yourself, but then you have already explained that in pregnancy men/you have no responsibility at all anyway. Your messages are just bizarre male power tripping.
    Read the above as a response. Your train of thought is so off base and asinine that it's impossible to debate someone such as yourself. You jump to conclusions about people such as "if you are pro-life, you are pro-rape" and "if you are pro-life you are merely a dominant male". Absurd to say the least. Nice straw man. As I said earlier, debate with you (if that's what we're calling this) is totally beneath me or any other sane user on the website. Have a nice day.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #1404
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    Actually it means the woman has the choice to kill a baby because it would be inconvenient to birth it. Perhaps she will soon have the choice to kill it at any age. Planned Parenthood seems to be headed in that direction.

    Video: Planned Parenthood Official Argues for Right to Post-Birth Abortion | The Weekly Standard
    Again, inconvenience enters into the rationale.

  5. #1405
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    Actually it means the woman has the choice to kill a baby because it would be inconvenient to birth it. Perhaps she will soon have the choice to kill it at any age. Planned Parenthood seems to be headed in that direction.

    Video: Planned Parenthood Official Argues for Right to Post-Birth Abortion | The Weekly Standard
    Actually the planned parenthood official is not very informed about any abortion that takes place at or after 20 weeks gestation.

    The youngest surviving premie was 21 weeks and 6 days gestation.
    There is never going to be a baby who will survive a legal abortion anymore since partial birth abortions were banned.

    The law requires that any abortion that takes place at or after 20 weeks gestation requires the doctor to inject a fatal injection into the fetus before the abortion starts to take place.

    And since D and E is no longer used because of the partial birth ban ..after the fatal injection takes place the abortion doctor has to crush the skull of the fetus of 20 weeks gestation or later to be able to remove it from the undialated cervix.

    So if the abortion is a legal abortion no fetus will ever survive an abortion.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  6. #1406
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post


    Ok, then you are on record as being entirely agreeable to California, New York and any other state having legalized abortion - and the U.S. Supreme Court may never establish any legal rights for any "person" until after that person is born. That is what you just stated, that the U.S. Supreme Court would never had any jurisdiction to rule that a fetus has any human or legal rights.


    I colored this in red so I can find it easily to be able to find it in the future - to make it clear that you support the rights of people to legalize abortion as is the case for over 90% of Americans and most states. Wouldn't want you contradicting yourself.

    Therefore, in all but North Dakota, it is correct law that life does NOT begin at conception AND that women are allowed abortions as the will of the legislatures of all other 49 states.
    Absolutely. See, in a country founded on the principle of letting the people decide what they want for their own communities...The idea is federalism. Look it up. If NY, or any other state wants to ban sodas, limit salt, tell you what to eat, how much to eat, where to smoke, what to drink, what size you toilet tank can be, or kill your unborn child, then so be it, you can live there. What makes this country great so far is that there are other states with more freedom to make your own real choice about things like that, and I, if I choose, can move there. You on the other hand want a central government, or in this case a court of 9 unelected judges making law, then you get to call it a right, and muddy the issue by personally attacking anyone whom disagrees with you. When you have that centralized government that you think is all wise, trust me when I say when you find something you disagree with, there will be nowhere to get away from it.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1407
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Actually the planned parenthood official is not very informed about any abortion that takes place at or after 20 weeks gestation.

    The youngest surviving premie was 21 weeks and 6 days gestation.
    There is never going to be a baby who will survive a legal abortion anymore since partial birth abortions were banned.

    The law requires that any abortion that takes place at or after 20 weeks gestation requires the doctor to inject a fatal injection into the fetus before the abortion starts to take place.

    And since D and E is no longer used because of the partial birth ban ..after the fatal injection takes place the abortion doctor has to crush the skull of the fetus of 20 weeks gestation or later to be able to remove it from the undialated cervix.

    So if the abortion is a legal abortion no fetus will ever survive an abortion.

    Good Lord minnie....Think about what you just wrote, and then tell me you are not killing a child when this takes place...Makes me sad.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1408
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Good Lord minnie....Think about what you just wrote, and then tell me you are not killing a child when this takes place...Makes me sad.
    What I wrote is fact.
    And as I have written before abortions that take after 22 weeks gestation are the extreme cases. In 2008 there 323 abortions that took in place in Kansas at or after the 22 week gestation mark.
    Of these 192 were not viable. They had either died in the womb and had not been expelled, would be stillborn or were so malformed they would not survive more than a few minutes. They were not viable.

    In the other 131 cases the woman would have had irreparable damage to one of her major bodily functions if the pregnancy were allowed to continue.

    These are very real extreme cases.

    I just feel bad that All D and Es were banned because of the partial birth abortion ban. If D and E abortions were allowed the
    Fetuses could have been aborted still intact so the family could have buried an intact fetus if they desired that.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  9. #1409
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    What I wrote is fact.
    And as I have written before abortions that take after 22 weeks gestation are the extreme cases. In 2008 there 323 abortions that took in place in Kansas at or after the 22 week gestation mark.
    Of these 192 were not viable. They had either died in the womb and had not been expelled, would be stillborn or were so malformed they would not survive more than a few minutes. They were not viable.

    In the other 131 cases the woman would have had irreparable damage to one of her major bodily functions if the pregnancy were allowed to continue.

    These are very real extreme cases.

    I just feel bad that All D and Es were banned because of the partial birth abortion ban. If D and E abortions were allowed the
    Fetuses could have been aborted still intact so the family could have buried an intact fetus if they desired that.
    I am sorry minnie....It's not you, but I just feel a little more than a surreal feeling reading the facts you laid out about fatal injections, and crushing the skulls, and reading other postings about the aborted fetus is not a child....Just what the heck is it then? huh?

    I gotta go...talk later. night.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1410
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am sorry minnie....It's not you, but I just feel a little more than a surreal feeling reading the facts you laid out about fatal injections, and crushing the skulls, and reading other postings about the aborted fetus is not a child....Just what the heck is it then? huh?

    I gotta go...talk later. night.
    The fatal injections and crushing of skulls is the only legal option left for the extreme cases because of the partial birth abortion act.
    A long time ago before the the partial birth abortion act a very very few of the aborted fetus that would never survive because they were not viable did seem to survive for a few minutes so pro life people made a fuss because they thought that meant that the fetus would have survived if an abortion had not taken place.
    That is why the partial birth abortions were banned. Now doctors cannot try to abort the fetus intact.
    The skull of a fetus cannot be removed intact without a D and E and since D and E are against the law the doctor sadly has to crush the skull in order to remove it without a D and E .

    Sometimes when politicians pass laws they make some situations worse for the women who were forced by medial need into having an abortion when the pregnancy they had was a wanted pregnancy turned into a nightmare because of medical reasons.

    That is what I feel sad about.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •