Page 136 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1439

Thread: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

  1. #1351
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,330

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Depends on how you look at things. If you think voting on someone's rights should be left to the states than yes they overstepped their bounds. However, if you believe that states shouldn't be able to vote on someone else's rights, then no they didn't overstep.

    I don't think the states should be able to vote on someone else's rights.
    Abortion is not a "right".... If those whom are on the side of pro abortion want that to be, then they should go through the proper channels and pass an amendment....What they do have at the moment is what I would term a "faux right", that is to say that abortion advocates now have a tenuous ruling made by man, granted by a panel of 9 un-elected officials that can be reversed, or taken away at any time which that body feels that the original decision was made in error.

    The problem we have when we let the SCOTUS make law is that in time that law can be overturned. The founding of this country never envisioned the court having the power to make law, that was supposed to be the power of the congress, and the President. The point in which started using precedent to make law was a bastardization of the intent of the Constitution, and I think purposely done to weaken it....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1352
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,330

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    The new North Dakota law limits abortions to six weeks gestation which would be 4 weeks from her last period. That means she needs to arrange an abortion at the one abortion clinic in state , make travel arrangement as she may have to travel hundreds of miles, find someone to watch the children if she has children and have the abortion before she is even aware she has missed her period.

    Oh and by the way ...North Dakota has no exception for rape victims.
    And it should be up to the people in North Dakota. If that is what they want, and their legislature pass the law, and the Governor signs it, then it should stand. I am not for some over arching central authority telling the states what to do. I don't think that is what this country was founded upon.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1353
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,330

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    Like pro-abortion is NOT a dishonest term?
    No, it isn't because that is exactly what abortion advocates are...What is dishonest is trying to deny the terminology because it is accurately descriptive. If you are for something, you are "pro" that position no?

    As far as I know the ONLY side to be on is letting the woman decide HER life. IT makes her human.
    I don't think that the point of the decision is after the act of creating a human baby is done. Both people have the choice to create life, and that happens at the point that both persons clothing ends up on the floor in the bedroom.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1354
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I understand that most libertarians are "pro-life". However, they way in which most of them deal with it ie let the states handle it, goes against what I believe is the correct way to handle it. Killing a baby is killing a baby. No matter what level of gov't handles it. And I do not believe our country should allow ANY level of gov't to dictate that killing a baby is okay. There are VERY few things I will advocate for Federal gov't to be involved in. This is one of those VERY few things.
    Depending on what you mean, I may agree with you. I want this human rights abuse banned everywhere on the planet, but the only way the federal government is going to have the authority to ban the practice is if we pass a constitutional amendment, like was done with the 13th Amendment. I do want such an amendment to pass.

    However, for the government to pretend that the word abortion exists within the framework of our current constitution - as it does so right now in order to pretend that killing your offspring is a constituional right - is wrong, and undermines any pretense that we live under a nation of laws.

  5. #1355
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, it isn't because that is exactly what abortion advocates are...What is dishonest is trying to deny the terminology because it is accurately descriptive. If you are for something, you are "pro" that position no?



    I don't think that the point of the decision is after the act of creating a human baby is done. Both people have the choice to create life, and that happens at the point that both persons clothing ends up on the floor in the bedroom.
    Pro-life is a dishonest term. It is Pro Rapist Procreation Rights. Pro-life is really also Pro-Womens-Deaths too. Pro-life is a totally dishonest term.

  6. #1356
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    There goes that great and wonderful strawmen you guys use.

    I believe in Roe v Wade. PLEASE show me in Roe V Wade where an abortion may occur "minutes before birth". What a twist and contorted statement that is.

    Then you go on after misrepresenting what I said, to make that old and tired and worn out that a pregnancy is something the "woman has to deal with the consequences of her actions". BS. Birth control does not always work. Sex is a good thing. Sex is enjoyable. There is not evil and "consequences" even from your GOD about having sex. It's was created to be enjoyed. If you haven't had the pleasure yet, I'm sorry for you.

    The fetus is connected to the woman via an umbilical cord. And the fetus is INSIDE the woman. It's not living outside the woman. It is not a baby, that can be put in a crib and dad can feed it when it's hungry. It's inside the the human female, attached and taking food from the woman via a cord connected to them both.

    Up to the end of the first trimester, the woman has a right to decide if SHE wants to be pregnant NOW, how many TIMES she wants to be pregnant and by WHOM. THAT is her responsibility. To have pregnancies she wants, WHEN she wants them, and how MANY she wants. It's not YOUR choice for her and her life, it's HERS.
    I never said sex was evil. I'm merely pointing out the FACT that with sex come possibilities of a child, an STD, etc. Everything enjoyable thing has a risk. The problem with people such as yourself is you look for every way imaginable to mitigate the natural risks that come with sex. Sex is not meant to be some hobby like fishing or collecting comics. It also has a very serious and important function as well. To treat it as if it is just something everyone should enjoy is irresponsible and frankly stupid IMO.
    As far as a woman having a choice, she does have a choice. She has the choice of "Should I have unprotected sex with this man knowing I may become pregnant?" If the answer to that is yes, she should be prepared to deal with the possible ramifications of that decision. Once a life has budded inside of her, she loses the choice. She now has a human being inside of her that is depending upon her to take car or it.
    Your umbilical cord argument is ridiculous. If anything the umbilical cord represents the betrayal that is abortion. Babies are depending upon the person on the other end of that cord to fulfill their part of the deal. The baby has no control over the irresponsible decision of the mother to have unprotected sex. It shouldn't have to pay for it with it's life.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  7. #1357
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    Why is it you on the right call a fetus an "innocent life" and children of the poor who are facing cutbacks as "abusing the system"?
    Please point to the post where I said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    I just don't understand why the right pretends that abortion is anything more than an anti-women's rights issue.
    Please point to where I've said I'm anti-women
    I love all of the assumptions you make about me simply because of my username and what you THINK you know about me. Typical profiling.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #1358
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    YOUR VIEW OF A "CIVILIZED NATION": Male dominated legistors forcing a 12 year old girl raped by her father to carry brain-stem only triplets to full term and birth. That is "civilized" to you. I say is is total sadism and purely evil amorality. Your view of a civilized society towards women is the Taliban.
    As with Muddy Creek, I would like for you to point out where I said I would do that. People such as yourself love to use emotionally charged arguments and point out the .01% that happens in this nation as if it is the norm.
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    And, of course, you also believe you can ge a woman pregnant and disappear without repercussions because you believe you should be in total control over women - bizarrely claiming you getting a womn pregnant and then disappearing you being "civilized" - and lots of fun for you. What you actually make is a case for legally requiring men such as you portray in your message to be forcibly castrated by law to protect society and, obviously, all women.
    What, a man can't do that? Sorry if reality isn't nice and tidy for you. That's the way it is. I did not create the human race brother. Women, whether you think it's fair or not, are left to carry the child if they become pregnant. And the man can, if he wants, run away without ever having to contribute to the baby's life. That's the harsh reality of it. It has nothing to do with "Control over women" lol. Just another straw man in this argument. Pro abortion people have no good reason to be pro abortion other than it contributes to their convenience in life.
    As for your assumptions that I somehow like to dominate women, that is laughable at best. A ridiculous jump to a conclusion that you are once again using to make an emotionally charged argument that has no real substance. Please, now respond with the "well, you must believe that way if......". I know that's next.
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Human development does not begin at conception. It begins with the formation of sperm and egg. The LIE that it begins at conception is another convenience false reasoning created for the convenience of irresponsible, amoral men.
    No sense in debating this point. Your mind's made up and so is mine. I simply believe you're wrong.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #1359
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Pro-life is a dishonest term. It is Pro Rapist Procreation Rights. Pro-life is really also Pro-Womens-Deaths too. Pro-life is a totally dishonest term.
    I didn't read this post until after I responded to your other post. This effectively ends my debate with you. Any person that would frame this ridiculous argument isn't worth debating. Your entire train of thought is illogical and absurd.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  10. #1360
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, it isn't because that is exactly what abortion advocates are...What is dishonest is trying to deny the terminology because it is accurately descriptive. If you are for something, you are "
    People who are pro choice feel the choice of continuing a pregnancy should be up to the pregnant woman.
    We feel strongly that no woman should ever be forced by the government to have abortion or to continue a pregnancy.
    We feel the woman knows her own body, her health history, her feelings the best and that she along with her doctor and her
    Husband,boyfriend,lover ( if she is in a good relationship she will include him ) should be allowed to make the decision if she should continue her pregnancy or not.
    Last edited by minnie616; 03-29-13 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Typo
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •