Page 128 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1439

Thread: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

  1. #1271
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I agree that a woman should not be FORCED to continue with a pregnancy but i do believe that the decision to abort a baby, unless the mother's life is at risk, is a highly immoral one to make. That's why refusing to call a baby a baby, in an effort to make the language more palatable to those who will take its life, is also immoral. Let's just say what it is rather than using esoteric medical terms that we never use in normal conversation. We know what it is and shouldn't pretend otherwise.
    You call it immoral because you attach religion to it. And the language is applicable. It's not a baby. It won't be a baby until it can sustain its own life. As a fetus, if the mother dies in gestation, the fetus dies. It depends on the life of the mother, who is the life and human factor in pregnancy, to stay alive. The host dies. so does the fetus.
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  2. #1272
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh please...Everyday you get into a car to drive to work you run a risk. Walking down the street you run a risk. Everything you do in life you run a risk...If your argument is to so dehumanize the unborn child as to refer to it as a parasite, (as you have done in this thread) and a risk to the mothers health, but not disclosing that the risk is very low, are you then are against anyone having a child? Do you hate children?

    There are certain situations where pregnancy is a high risk to the mother, however, this is not the norm, or even close to it.


    These are moot points. The decision of WHEN to be pregnant, by WHOM, and HOW MANY TIMES remains with the woman who will be the one to support it, share it with a male, and raise the quantity of children she wants. Nothing more, nothing less. Her right to the privacy of her life to make these decisions.
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  3. #1273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    You call it immoral because you attach religion to it.
    Do you believe only religious people can have morals? Which religion are you referring to, or are they all the same?

    And the language is applicable. It's not a baby. It won't be a baby until it can sustain its own life. As a fetus, if the mother dies in gestation, the fetus dies. It depends on the life of the mother, who is the life and human factor in pregnancy, to stay alive. The host dies. so does the fetus.
    Pro abortionists often refer to babies as 'parasites', but parasites have life as well. In fact our bodies are full of living bacteria, good and bad, which will die if we die, but that doesn't make them any less alive.

  4. #1274
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    [QUOTE=Grant;1061616369]

    Do you believe only religious people can have morals? Which religion are you referring to, or are they all the same?



    Pro abortionists often refer to babies as 'parasites', but parasites have life as well. In fact our bodies are full of living bacteria, good and bad, which will die if we die, but that doesn't make them any less alive.
    What's immoral about an abortion? About a woman deciding WHEN to be pregnant, HOW MANY TIMES to be pregnant and by WHOM? How is that not responsible. You on the right are always saying that women need to be responsible. You take away their access to birth control and then HOLLER because abortion is needed if a woman does NOT want to be pregnant. how is THAT not INSANE?

    Sorry, but you have no moral issue here. And the pro-choice people are supporting the woman's right to decide her life. WE don't know her circumstances. WE won't help her financially. WE won't help her emotionally. SHE is responsible for making her life. We are pro-abortion. We aren't making that decision for her. We are giving her the right to MAKE that decision if SHE wants.
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  5. #1275
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    [QUOTE=Grant;1061616369]

    Do you believe only religious people can have morals? Which religion are you referring to, or are they all the same?



    Pro abortionists often refer to babies as 'parasites', but parasites have life as well. In fact our bodies are full of living bacteria, good and bad, which will die if we die, but that doesn't make them any less alive.
    And when something in my body dies when I die, it never had a life. If it HAD a life, MY life would not be in charge of it.
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  6. #1276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    What's immoral about an abortion?
    It's the taking of a human life.

    About a woman deciding WHEN to be pregnant, HOW MANY TIMES to be pregnant and by WHOM? How is that not responsible.
    If a woman did all that there would be no need for an abortion.
    You on the right are always saying that women need to be responsible. You take away their access to birth control and then HOLLER because abortion is needed if a woman does NOT want to be pregnant. how is THAT not INSANE?
    I have never advocated taking away access to birth control. You're wandering off here.
    Sorry, but you have no moral issue here.
    That's not your decision to make.
    .
    And the pro-choice people are supporting the woman's right to decide her life
    But of course it extends much further than that.
    WE don't know her circumstances. WE won't help her financially.
    In fact we do.

    WE won't help her emotionally.
    It's clear you should be speaking for yourself here.

    SHE is responsible for making her life. We are pro-abortion. We aren't making that decision for her. We are giving her the right to MAKE that decision if SHE wants.
    If she is responsible for all of this why expect emotional support, financial support, etc.?

    Why have you mentioned religion so often? Are you still promoting abortion from a religious point of view?

  7. #1277
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It's the taking of a human life.



    If a woman did all that there would be no need for an abortion.


    I have never advocated taking away access to birth control. You're wandering off here.


    That's not your decision to make.
    .


    But of course it extends much further than that.


    In fact we do.



    It's clear you should be speaking for yourself here.



    If she is responsible for all of this why expect emotional support, financial support, etc.?

    Why have you mentioned religion so often? Are you still promoting abortion from a religious point of view?
    The fetus isn't human. It's a gestation period of developing cells. It's not life nor human until it is born and the umbilical cord, which gives it sustenance, is cut.

    Taking away birth control and the right to decide WHEN to have a child, how MANY children to have and by WHOM takes away a woman's civil right to privacy in her life and over her reproductive organs. YOU don't have that right. YOU don't have that power.
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  8. #1278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    [QUOTE=Muddy Creek;1061616424]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    And when something in my body dies when I die, it never had a life. If it HAD a life, MY life would not be in charge of it.
    Actually they can continue living after you die. Then other living things, like worms and flies, can take over.

  9. #1279
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    [QUOTE=Grant;1061616490]
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post

    Actually they can continue living after you die. Then other living things, like worms and flies, can take over.
    No, they die. They can't sustain a life because they are housed inside the womb and take sustenance from the woman. She isn't giving sustenance, it dies. It is not life. It is not separate.
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  10. #1280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Creek View Post
    The fetus isn't human. It's a gestation period of developing cells. It's not life nor human until it is born and the umbilical cord, which gives it sustenance, is cut.

    Taking away birth control and the right to decide WHEN to have a child, how MANY children to have and by WHOM takes away a woman's civil right to privacy in her life and over her reproductive organs. YOU don't have that right. YOU don't have that power.
    Who is taking away any birth control over even advocating it? Are you still using religion to promote abortion? Can you please respond to the post rather than to the noises in your head?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •