Page 127 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1439

Thread: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

  1. #1261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Too funny!
    That is exactly how I feel about giving the government the control to FORCE women to continue a pregnancy or one the other side of the coin giving the government the control to FORCE women to have abortions.
    I agree that a woman should not be FORCED to continue with a pregnancy but i do believe that the decision to abort a baby, unless the mother's life is at risk, is a highly immoral one to make. That's why refusing to call a baby a baby, in an effort to make the language more palatable to those who will take its life, is also immoral. Let's just say what it is rather than using esoteric medical terms that we never use in normal conversation. We know what it is and shouldn't pretend otherwise.

  2. #1262
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Do you not realize you (or anyone else) have absolutely ZERO right to define what is a viable life and what isn't?...defining what life is valid or not.
    I think you are confusing the words viable and the words valid.

    I did not make up my own definition of viable. I used the Supreme Courts definination of viable.

    the Court sustained a statute defining viability as a stage where the fetus's life ``may be continued outside the womb by the natural or artificial life-supportive systems''[6].
    Supreme Court on Abortion - Roe vs. Wade legalized abortion for full nine months
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  3. #1263
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I agree that a woman should not be FORCED to continue with a pregnancy but i do believe that the decision to abort a baby, unless the mother's life is at risk, is a highly immoral one to make. That's why refusing to call a baby a baby, in an effort to make the language more palatable to those who will take its life, is also immoral. Let's just say what it is rather than using esoteric medical terms that we never use in normal conversation. We know what it is and shouldn't pretend otherwise.
    If you want to call an embryo or fetus a baby go ahead. I will not refer to an embryo or a fetus as a baby.
    I miscarried two fetuses. They were not, nor will they ever be babies.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  4. #1264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    If you want to call an embryo or fetus a baby go ahead. I will not refer to an embryo or a fetus as a baby.
    I miscarried two fetuses. They were not, nor will they ever be babies.
    I'm genuinely sorry about your miscarriages, and I believe you were too.

  5. #1265
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I'm genuinely sorry about your miscarriages, and I believe you were too.
    Thank you for your kind words.

    The first miscarriage was early in the pregnancy.
    Early miscarriages happen quite often so they are not unexpected.
    In fact 90 percent of all miscarriages happen in the first trimester.

    My second miscarriage was about 20 weeks gestation and it was very malformed and never would have viable even if I had carried it longer. That was the hard one especially since I accidentally saw it and saw how deformed it was.
    Last edited by minnie616; 03-26-13 at 03:27 PM.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  6. #1266
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Stopandthink View Post
    1.)Except that when the two join there is a unique new set of DNA that didn't exist before that. That is a physiological FACT.
    To one who is utmost concerned with scientific FACT it is very IRONIC that you would dismiss this FACT as irrelevant to the abortion debate. I can see that you really aren't debating scientific fact at all, but rather your OPINION on what moral value this new unique life should be given.
    1.) yes it is and that impacts nothing i said LMAO
    2.) please stop lying it only makes you look silly, can you point out where i denied the fact that a new set of DNA is created? thats right i never did LMAO

    if you disagree by all means prove your lie and quote me I cant wait LOL

    so now if you would actually like to get on topic and stop embarrassing yourself and understand what i factually and actually said id be glad too.

    Also while you are at it, feel free to qoute me calling anything a fact that isnt and any opinion of mine i pushed as fact. Id LOVE to read it.

    also i said its meaningless to the abortion debate because regardless of what anybody calls it or considers it the some foundation of the debate still exists.

    the entity, baby, kid, life, ZEF, zygote, fetus, child, jane, john etc is inside the woman, is not viable until 21 weeks at best and its presences alone is a risk of life.

    I eagerly await you post and let me know if you need educated on anything else i ACTUALLY said

    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #1267
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    the entity, baby, kid, life, ZEF, zygote, fetus, child, jane, john etc is inside the woman, is not viable until 21 weeks at best and its presences alone is a risk of life.
    I am probably going to regret engaging your posting, but can you tell us just what you are talking about? Not every pregnancy is a risk to the mothers life...If you think it is, please feel free to provide us with that information....

    Here is what I have....

    Although the majority of pregnancies and deliveries are uneventful, some involve complications that range from minor to life threatening...

    Discovery Health "Pregnancy Complications Overview"
    While he was United States Surgeon General, Dr. C. Everett Koop stated publicly that in his thirty-eight years as a pediatric surgeon, he was never aware of a single situation in which a preborn child’s life had to be taken in order to save the life of the mother. He said the use of this argument to justify abortion in general was a “smoke screen.”

    Due to significant medical advances, the danger of pregnancy to the mother has declined considerably since 1967. Yet even at that time Dr. Alan Guttmacher of Planned Parenthood acknowledged, “Today it is possible for almost any patient to be brought through pregnancy alive, unless she suffers from a fatal illness such as cancer or leukemia, and, if so, abortion would be unlikely to prolong, much less save, life.” Dr. Landrum Shettles says that less than 1 percent of all abortions are performed to save the mother’s life.

    What about a woman whose life is threatened by pregnancy or childbirth? - Resources - Eternal Perspective Ministries
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1268
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am probably going to regret engaging your posting, but can you tell us just what you are talking about? Not every pregnancy is a risk to the mothers life...If you think it is, please feel free to provide us with that information....

    Here is what I have....
    yes every single one is a risk, thats a fact

    the risk might be extremely low, the risk might be extremely high but every single one has an amount of risk and your sites support this

    the risk being low in the majority of cases is meaningless, is that a defense if i force you to risk your life against you will?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #1269
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yes every single one is a risk, thats a fact

    the risk might be extremely low, the risk might be extremely high but every single one has an amount of risk and your sites support this

    the risk being low in the majority of cases is meaningless, is that a defense if i force you to risk your life against you will?
    Oh please...Everyday you get into a car to drive to work you run a risk. Walking down the street you run a risk. Everything you do in life you run a risk...If your argument is to so dehumanize the unborn child as to refer to it as a parasite, (as you have done in this thread) and a risk to the mothers health, but not disclosing that the risk is very low, are you then are against anyone having a child? Do you hate children?

    There are certain situations where pregnancy is a high risk to the mother, however, this is not the norm, or even close to it.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1270
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    1.)Oh please...Everyday you get into a car to drive to work you run a risk. Walking down the street you run a risk. Everything you do in life you run a risk...
    2 .)If your argument is to so dehumanize the unborn child as to refer to it as a parasite, (as you have done in this thread) and a risk to the mothers health,
    3.)but not disclosing that the risk is very low
    4.), are you then are against anyone having a child? Do you hate children?

    There are certain situations where pregnancy is a high risk to the mother, however, this is not the norm, or even close to it.
    1.) yes this is true the huge factually difference you conveniently ignore is thats your CHOICE, you arent FORCED lmao so your example is meaningless
    2.) ive never dehumanized the ZEF in my life nor did "i" call it a parasite in this thread, i pointed out that if one uses parasite in the proper context it is 100% factually accurate
    3.) i have disclosed it plenty, the problem is the amount of risk doesnt matter
    4.) of course not if they CHOOSE too or at least have some leigh way to do so before forced too thats great
    5.) why would you ever think this, seem you never get anything right assume tons of things and have no logical backing for them at all LMAO

    I love my kid, im a single dad and i won full sole custody almost 10 years ago now

    i also love the rights, freedoms and liberties in my country and i dont want them stripped away from woman. A compromise would work but anything thats a total ban or mostly a ban and vice versa (unlimited or mostly unlimited) is unacceptable to me

    anything else you would like to know or need corrected about
    Last edited by AGENT J; 03-26-13 at 07:51 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •