Page 126 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1439

Thread: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

  1. #1251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    And health insurance companies have been denying health coverage for years...
    But they don't call them "death panels"


    Texas Newborn Baby Denied Health Insurance Coverage Days After Life-Saving Heart Surgery - ABC News
    Sick people get treated all the time - insurance or not. They don't let people die now but they will when healthcare relies on rationing.

    You see - right now you have YOUR healthcare, however the system will become much different when it becomes OUR healthcare.

  2. #1252
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Define "previable?"

    Plenty of preme babies survived outside the womb...

    Your argument makes absolutely no sense whatsoever... I've already explained that "viable" people who have already been birthed would die without care - what makes them any different from a fetus that CAN, COULD and DO survive outside the womb?
    Pre viable means before it is "viable " meaning the stage where the fetus's life ``may be continued outside the womb by the natural or artificial life-supportive systems''.

    Today the limit of viability is 24 weeks and has not changed 12 years.

    Experts say no fetus under 21 week gestation will ever survive. Their lumgs are just too undelveloped even if more advanced neo natal units were availible.

    from wiki:


    The limit of viability is the gestational age at which a prematurely born fetus/infant has a 50% chance of long-term survival outside its mother's womb.
    With the support of neonatal intensive care units, the limit of viability in the developed world has declined since 50 years ago, [B]but has remained unchanged in the last 12 years.[/8][9]

    Currently the limit of viability is considered to be around 24 weeks although the incidence of major disabilities remains high at this point.

    [10][11] Neonatologists generally would not provide intensive care at 23 weeks, but would from 26 weeks.[12][13]

    During the past several decades, neonatal care has improved with advances in medical science, and therefore the limit of viability has moved earlier.[14] As of 2006, the two youngest children to survive premature birth are thought to be James Elgin Gill (born on 20 May 1987 in Ottawa, Canada, at 21 weeks and 5 days gestational age),[15][16] and Amillia Taylor (born on 24 October 2006 in Miami, Florida, at 21 weeks and 6 days gestational age).[17][18] Both children were born just under 22 weeks from fertilization, or a few days past the midpoint of an average full-term pregnancy.

    Amillia Taylor is also often cited as the most-premature baby.[17] She was born on 24 October 2006 in Miami, Florida, at 21 weeks and 6 days gestation.[19] At birth, she was 9 inches (22.86 cm) long and weighed 10 ounces (283 grams).[17] She suffered digestive and respiratory problems, together with a brain hemorrhage. She was discharged from the Baptist Children's Hospital on 20 February 2007.[17]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_viabili
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  3. #1253
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Sick people get treated all the time - insurance or not. They don't let people die now but they will when healthcare relies on rationing.

    You see - right now you have YOUR healthcare, however the system will become much different when it becomes OUR healthcare.
    I disagree.
    I do not feel healthcare will be rationed but that discussion is for another thread.

    If you wish to continue the health care discussion please start a new thread.

    Thanks~
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  4. #1254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    I disagree.
    I do not feel healthcare will be rationed but that discussion is for another thread.

    If you wish to continue the health care discussion please start a new thread.

    Thanks~
    Of course it will be rationed, because healthcare will go from "yours" to "ours."

    Imagine walking into work with "your" coffee cake and it's YOURS you have no obligation to share and you can eat as much of it as you want but you can share if you want to. Now imagine walking into work with a coffee cake and all of a sudden via de facto it's "OUR" coffee cake. Now you don't have a choice and you have to ration that cake out - guess what??? the fat guy in the corner who YOU believe is too fat to eat coffee cake won't get any cake because there is only enough cake for those who don't look fat.

    Get it?

  5. #1255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    What do you think will happen via "Obamacare" or as progressives like to call it in their PC babble: "Affordable Care Act?"

    Of course progressives won't call them "death panels" - no, they'll come up with some peachy PC word for killing people.
    As the name implies, it is the government who will decide who is "affordable" and who isn't "affordable". We can see the movement in that direction already.

    Once the government gets control over your body and its maintenance the Bloombergs of the nation will have all the power they need to determine what happens to your own individual body, and its life. How can it be otherwise when we give strangers that much power over our lives?

    We know when people have the opportunity for power they will take it. I would never trust strong and distant centralized government benevolence over the long term no matter the feel good promises they make now.

  6. #1256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    As the name implies, it is the government who will decide who is "affordable" and who isn't "affordable". We can see the movement in that direction already.

    Once the government gets control over your body and its maintenance the Bloombergs of the nation will have all the power they need to determine what happens to your own individual body, and its life. How can it be otherwise when we give strangers that much power over our lives?

    We know when people have the opportunity for power they will take it. I would never trust strong and distant centralized government benevolence over the long term no matter the feel good promises they make now.
    That's what they want - control, and how do they get that? by getting the populace to be reliant on government. They (government) want people to be reliant on them because when they are they (government) can control them because people will need the government to put food on their table or give them healthcare or meet any need they may have. Instead of them going out and getting whatever they need or want themselves they will look to government to provide them with their wants and needs.

    Who pays for it tho? oh yeah those evil people who are constantly degraded because they have "too much" wealth and are too successful.

    Of course the rich politicians will sit there with their wealth and that's fine because they're the ones throwing crumbs to the people and they're grateful for every free crumb they get that they didn't have to work for that government redistributed.

  7. #1257
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    ....

    Once the government gets control over your body and its maintenance the Bloombergs of the nation will have all the power they need to determine what happens to your own individual body, and its life. How can it be otherwise when we give strangers that much power over our lives? ...

    .
    Too funny!
    That is exactly how I feel about giving the government the control to FORCE women to continue a pregnancy or one the other side of the coin giving the government the control to FORCE women to have abortions.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  8. #1258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Pre viable means before it is "viable " meaning the stage where the fetus's life ``may be continued outside the womb by the natural or artificial life-supportive systems''.

    Today the limit of viability is 24 weeks and has not changed 12 years.

    Experts say no fetus under 21 week gestation will ever survive. Their lumgs are just too undelveloped even if more advanced neo natal units were availible.

    from wiki:




    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_viabili
    Do you not realize you (or anyone else) have absolutely ZERO right to define what is a viable life and what isn't?

    You're not God, hence you or any individual should not attempt to play God by defining what life is valid or not.

    Slaughtering kids just because you feel they're not valid is criminal in my opinion. It is certainly misguided and illogical IMO.

  9. #1259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    And health insurance companies have been denying health coverage for years...
    But they don't call them "death panels"


    Texas Newborn Baby Denied Health Insurance Coverage Days After Life-Saving Heart Surgery - ABC News
    The same thing will happen with big government.

    Once a third party comes between you and your doctor, or you and your health, they get all the control and you and your doctor have little or nothing in terms of decision making.. Can you really have that much faith in a huge faceless bureaucracy to look after your own personal interests? I don't think so. Eventually it will come to ruin.

  10. #1260
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    532

    Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    In fact that question is already being raised.

    Killing babies no different from abortion, experts say - Telegraph

    Once we get into the 'who should live and who should die' debate then we have crossed a line that would have been unthinkable just a generation ago.

    Look at the ridicule Sarah Palin and her family had to put up with as a result of their decision to keep their baby. They attacked her like jackals.
    Not to mention them attacking her comments on obamacare and possible death panels. Seems like she understands where this debate is going and raised a good point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •