Page 118 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1439

Thread: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

  1. #1171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    thankl you for supporting my statement with a definition that factually supports that the LIFE of the ZEF is meaningless



    if the ZEF is dead, its still an abortion, if the ZEF lives the abortion was still a success

    anything else you need educated on let me know
    If you think life is meaningless, you should be speaking for yourself.

  2. #1172
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    a·bor·tion
    [uh-bawr-shuhn] Show IPA
    noun
    1.
    Also called voluntary abortion. the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.
    2.
    any of various surgical methods for terminating a pregnancy, especially during the first six months.
    As I pointed out not all abortiona are voluntary.

    There are spontaneous abortions( miscarriages)
    Missed abortions( where the fetus died in the womb but was not expelled)
    Septic abortions ( where the fetus has contracted a septic infection and will die from the septic infection)
    Therapeutic abortions ( for a medical reason such as missed abortions, septic abortions, malformed or non viable fetus)

    The reason doctors will often remove a non viaible or malformed fetus is because they are at high risk for contracting a septic infection and risking the life of the woman.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  3. #1173
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    As I pointed out not all abortiona are voluntary.

    There are spontaneous abortions( miscarriages)
    Missed abortions( where the fetus died in the womb but was not expelled)
    Septic abortions ( where the fetus has contracted a septic infection and will die from the septic infection)
    Therapeutic abortions ( for a medical reason such as missed abortions, septic abortions, malformed or non viable fetus)

    The reason doctors will often remove a non viaible or malformed fetus is because they are at high risk for contracting a septic infection and risking the life of the woman.
    Although this is true, it is not the majority of abortions performed in this country, respectfully, your own traumatic experience aside.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1174
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Although this is true, it is not the majority of abortions performed in this country, respectfully, your own traumatic experience aside.
    I will agree if we are not counting spontaneous abortions ( miscarriages)

    About 50 percent of zygotes fail to implant and are passed out of the body. About another 15 to 20 percent of known pregnancies ((where the woman is aware she is pregnant ) end in miscarriage.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  5. #1175
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    I will agree if we are not counting spontaneous abortions ( miscarriages)

    About 50 percent of zygotes fail to implant and are passed out of the body. About another 15 to 20 percent of known pregnancies ((where the woman is aware she is pregnant ) end in miscarriage.
    Natural occurrences I don't believe has a place in the abortion discussion. This would happen whether or not the states had the say as to legality.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1176
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If you think life is meaningless, you should be speaking for yourself.
    thats what i thought nothing but another deflection since you were factually proven wrong, typical.

    never said that "i" thought the life of the ZEF is meaningless

    but it is meaningless as far as what an abortion is

    you fail again

    once again let me know if you need further educated on this topic. Ill be more than glad to help you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #1177
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Here are some actual facts as it relates to elective abortion in the US today...

    "Since the 1973 decision, approximately 1.3-1.4 million abortions have been performed annually in the United States."

    "In spite of the introduction of newer, more effective, and more widely available contraceptive methods, more than half of the 6 million pregnancies occurring each year in the United States are considered unplanned by the women who are pregnant. Of these pregnancies, approximately half end in elective terminations."

    http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/252560-overview

    I think this is regrettable.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1178
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation - chicagotribune.com


    I don't know the exact wording, but wasn't Roe v. Wade vague in the age of the fetus? I think this is borderline in compliance with the SCOTUS ruling and will probably end up going to the SCOTUS.
    This is good news, and really not radical. Most of liberal europe has a 12 week cutoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #1179
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Another fact....


    "Week 6: The neural tube closes


    Growth is rapid this week. Just four weeks after conception, the neural tube along your baby's back is closing and your baby's heart is pumping blood.
    Basic facial features will begin to appear, including passageways that will make up the inner ear and arches that will contribute to the jaw. Your baby's body begins to take on a C-shaped curvature. Small buds will soon become arms and legs."

    Fetal development: The first trimester - MayoClinic.com

    Notice the Mayo Clinic doesn't call it a "ZEF" or other term meant to dehumanize what it is....A baby.


    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Here are some actual facts as it relates to elective abortion in the US today...

    "Since the 1973 decision, approximately 1.3-1.4 million abortions have been performed annually in the United States."

    "In spite of the introduction of newer, more effective, and more widely available contraceptive methods, more than half of the 6 million pregnancies occurring each year in the United States are considered unplanned by the women who are pregnant. Of these pregnancies, approximately half end in elective terminations."

    http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/252560-overview

    I think this is regrettable.
    It is regrettable also because social programs were devised with the idea that their would be children to replace those who were aging and dying in order to pay the taxes necessary for their maintenance. But by aborting 55 million American babies since R vs W began these 55 million fewer taxpayers jeopardize those programs.

    This means importing people from other countries to work to pay those taxes, as happened in Europe and is now happening in the US. Of course this also leads to social unrest, increased debt, and so on. It's not a coincidence that this implosion is happening throughout all the democracies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •