Page 106 of 144 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1439

Thread: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

  1. #1051
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, the studies are different...They are not apples to apples. ....
    I know those studies are different they count any women who died years after an abortion as dying because she an abortion years before. Go figure!
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  2. #1052
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    I know those studies are different they count any women who died years after an abortion as dying because she an abortion years before. Go figure!
    No, no....Not years....A year. Why are you trying to misrepresent the study? Oh, I know, you must to justify your argument....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1053
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Contrary to the belief that abortion is as simple as removing a wart, it is actually a very serious procedure that can have very serious results. The clinic personnel will lead you to believe that complications rarely arise, but that is not the case. Many women have been damaged for life as a result of their legal abortion.
    Your cervical muscle may be damaged in an abortion because the cervix is forcefully dilated. This means that your future pregnancies have a greater chance of resulting in miscarriage or premature delivery. Damage to the uterine wall is another concern. Perforation (puncturing) of the uterus, infection, hemorrhage, and blood clots are only a few of the complications that you could end up with. I you do have a :successful" abortion, scar tissue may still form which can cause sterilization, miscarriages and tubal pregnancies. approximately two out of 10 women who abort their first pregnancy will never be able to have children again. Do you want to take that kind of risk?

    What They Won't Tell You at the ABORTION CLINIC
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1054
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, no....Not years....A year. Why are you trying to misrepresent the study? Oh, I know, you must to justify your argument....
    Sorry I mis remembered. I read it about a year ago.

    I stand corrected...A year later.

    Why did they count women who died up to a year later and blame the death on the abortion?
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  5. #1055
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Sorry I mis remembered. I read it about a year ago.

    I stand corrected...A year later.

    Why did they count women who died up to a year later and blame the death on the abortion?
    Complications are not always immediate....Many times things happen during procedures that are traced back to the original procedure....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1056
    Professor
    Un biased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    05-30-16 @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,642

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    If some one knowes they are pregnaunt they should have a abortion before the second trimester unless compications arise or / if that child will defective . a baby at 12 weeks is about 2.5 inches so i dont beleive a abortionis will have to hack the baby to peices and vacum it out

  7. #1057
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by Un biased View Post
    If some one knowes they are pregnaunt they should have a abortion before the first trimester unless compications arise or / if that child will defective . a baby at 12 weeks is about 2.5 inches so i dont beleive a abortionis will have to hack the baby to peices and vacum it out
    However, that is the most common method.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1058
    Professor
    Un biased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    05-30-16 @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,642

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    However, that is the most common method.
    I know thats why i said it but 2.5 inches isent that big so i dont think the abortinist will have to hack and vacum it out ( at any age that kind of death is cruel and a fetus can still feel such a thing besides and we dont alough death row crimnals to have to die in that matter )

  9. #1059
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Complications are not always immediate....Many times things happen during procedures that are traced back to the original procedure....
    They counted sucide deaths up to a later and blamed the sucides on the abortion.
    Here is a view from the UK:



    Why anti-choice campaigners won't let science get in their way

    Research claiming a link between abortion and mental illness in women always gets debunked, but do these ideologues care?


    Amanda Marcotte

    guardian.co.uk, Thursday 8 March 2012 15.05 EST

    ]If you visit any anti-choice website or facility, within moments of your arrival, you'll be hit with the assertion that abortion causes mental health problems for women who get them.
    The problem with this, besides the whiff of bullying, is there isn't any evidence for the claim.

    Turns out that Coleman juiced up her results by counting mental health disorders that occurred prior to women's abortions.


    It's a little like arguing that the stomach-ache I had a week ago is caused by the meal I ate tonight. While fully acknowledging that errors are a common problem in research attempting to establish causal links between any two events, it does seem that, at a bare minimum,

    researchers should realize that an event such as an abortion cannot actually cause events that happened before it.

    Coleman's response acknowledged that they used lifetime mental health diagnoses (rather than 12-month or 30-day diagnoses, as previously stated) because she and her colleagues had wanted to "capture as many cases of mental health problems as possible".

    <SNIP>
    Abortion doesn't make women sick, in the head or in the body.


    For many women, it feels like a relief, because control of your body and life is returned to you.
    While getting an abortion is never fun, it's a legitimate failsafe for women who find themselves pregnant when they don't want to be
    Why anti-choice campaigners won't let science get in their way | Amanda Marcotte | World news | guardian.co.uk

    Edited to add another link:


    Representing the APA at the hearing, Nancy Adler, professor of psychology at the University of California, San Francisco, testified that "severe negative reactions are rare and are in line with those following other normal life stresses." While acknowledging that there were flaws in much of the research, she testified nonetheless that the weight of the evidence persuasively showed that "abortion is usually psychologically benign." Echoing Koop's point about the public health implications, Adler said that given the millions of women who had had abortions, "if severe reaction were common, there would be an epidemic of women seeking treatment. There is no evidence of such an epidemic."
    http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/gpr/09/3/gpr090308.html
    Last edited by minnie616; 03-15-13 at 01:20 PM. Reason: to add a link
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  10. #1060
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    re: Arkansas to ban abortion at 12 weeks, earliest in nation [W:1036:1154]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    However, that is the most common method.
    medical / chemical abortion ...using medication at home is becoming more and more common for early abortions.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •