Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Drone Spotted Near JFK Airport by Pilot

  1. #11
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,758

    Re: Drone Spotted Near JFK Airport by Pilot

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Well that and airliners throw off so much air turbulence that an RC plane would have a tough time getting close enough to begin with even under the best of conditions and they are not as pressure sensitive taking off and landing as they are in flight.
    Head on, that wouldn't be an issue, and given the speed difference head on is the only way to do it.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #12
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Drone Spotted Near JFK Airport by Pilot

    It would be difficult to get enough explosives to do much damage on such a small remote control.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    You're not paranoid. There's a pretty large DIY Drone community. DIY Drones

    For about 100-200 bucks you can make your own drone. Strapping explosives to it would not be hard.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #13
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,758

    Re: Drone Spotted Near JFK Airport by Pilot

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    It would be difficult to get enough explosives to do much damage on such a small remote control.
    However, not much would be required to take down an airliner.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #14
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Drone Spotted Near JFK Airport by Pilot

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    It would be difficult to get enough explosives to do much damage on such a small remote control.
    It doesn't take much explosives in the right place to bring down a plane. Besides, turbine based drones are not that complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #15
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Drone Spotted Near JFK Airport by Pilot

    Do either of these look too small if lined with explosives to take down an airliner to anyone? Really?



    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,001

    Re: Drone Spotted Near JFK Airport by Pilot

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Do either of these look too small if lined with explosives to take down an airliner to anyone? Really?



    wouldnt it be more effective for them to use a drone to attack the white house or something large and stationary then to attack an airplane that you can miss?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  7. #17
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Drone Spotted Near JFK Airport by Pilot

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    wouldnt it be more effective for them to use a drone to attack the white house or something large and stationary then to attack an airplane that you can miss?
    No. The chances of killing anyone important in a big ass building like the white house with such a drone would be very limited. You certainly won't be able to kill hundreds of people with it like you can an airliner. Besides, what does it matter if they miss? They go for the next plane. Airports actually have lots of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #18
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,299

    Drone Spotted Near JFK Airport by Pilot

    Well they got the idea now. Look for guys standing around the airport with remote controls, and good guys with shotguns looking to shoot down remote control planes.

    Seriously. This is such a simplistic concept. There will be another attack. It will be simple too. That is the genius of our current enemy. They don't use high tech systems. That is our weakness. We can't think low tech anymore. That is why their intelligence systems are hard to crack.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  9. #19
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Drone Spotted Near JFK Airport by Pilot

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Well they got the idea now. Look for guys standing around the airport with remote controls, and good guys with shotguns looking to shoot down remote control planes.

    Seriously. This is such a simplistic concept. There will be another attack. It will be simple too. That is the genius of our current enemy. They don't use high tech systems. That is our weakness. We can't think low tech anymore. That is why their intelligence systems are hard to crack.
    All they'd have to do is put a high power retransmitter in a car at the airport, then control it from another car a mile away. It would be impossible to track. All they have to do is drive away.

    EDIT: Hell, even that is too complicated. They could just use the cellphone network to do it. They wouldn't even have to be in the country at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,529

    Re: Drone Spotted Near JFK Airport by Pilot

    The government has reactively, not proactively, tried to protect the nation against a terrorist attack by heightening security at airports.

    Therefore, the next terrorist attack will use something besides planes.

    Then, they'll once again act reactively.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •