Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 461

Thread: White House threatens Bob Woodward

  1. #431
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The WH staffer said his article was wrong, and that Woodward would regret writing it because it will make him look like a fool. Which, it seems to me, is exactly what happened.
    Really? So his OP ED piece made him look foolish? I'm not sure why you would say that since ~1/2 the country agrees with his opinion and ~1/2 don't and there is no disputing the facts.
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  2. #432
    Advisor WWGWD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    07-01-13 @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    425

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Is this really still having an argument about this? Has anyone read the actual e-mails? They did get published on Politico.com, Exclusive: The Woodward, Sperling emails revealed - Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei - POLITICO.com

    Here is the actual text of "the threat". "But I do truly believe you should rethink your comment about saying saying that Potus asking for revenues is moving the goal post. I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim." That doesn't sound like a threat to me, it sounds like an aquantance, saying hey, you may want to take a second look at your facts, because I have more information then you do, and I think you will regret being in the wrong when we look back at the issue.

    It gets even better when Mr. Woodward responds to the economic advisor; "This is all part of a serious discussion. I for one welcome a little heat; there should more given the importance. I also welcome your personal advice. I am listening. I know you lived all this. My partial advantage is that I talked extensively with all involvedI am traveling and will try to reach you after 3 pm today. Best, Bob" Yea, he really sounds upset that we was just threatened by a representative of the White House, lol. This is a non story, and I'm disappointed that one of my favorite journalist would perpetuate it, distracting the public for real problem. Very sad...

  3. #433
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,656

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    that was in reply to your already off topic straw man benghazi tangent
    GOes to show a pattern: The Right has reached to make hay out of every non-issue that comes there way since 2009. There's a reason you all can no longer win state wide elections unless they are solidly in the red. Losing Senate seats in MO and IN should have woken you up. That it hasn't, speaks volumes.

  4. #434
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,973

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    GOes to show a pattern: The Right has reached to make hay out of every non-issue that comes there way since 2009. There's a reason you all can no longer win state wide elections unless they are solidly in the red. Losing Senate seats in MO and IN should have woken you up. That it hasn't, speaks volumes.
    At this point I am not surprised. The right seems to maske everything Obama does a scandel.

  5. #435
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,656

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    At this point I am not surprised. The right seems to maske everything Obama does a scandel.
    The staying power of their continuous poutrage is amazing to behold.

  6. #436
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    GOes to show a pattern: The Right has reached to make hay out of every non-issue that comes there way since 2009. There's a reason you all can no longer win state wide elections unless they are solidly in the red. Losing Senate seats in MO and IN should have woken you up. That it hasn't, speaks volumes.
    your partisan words amuse me. I didn't gloat about my side winning when a phony conservative held office for 8 years because I didn't feel like my individual beliefs were winning.

  7. #437
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You could always read the emails rather than relying on political pundits to
    fabricate your opinion for you.
    I did read the E-Mail's. Again, why is it ok with you that a senior WH official raises his voice at a Objective reporter for voicing the truth ?

    I get it, you guys are in full on damage control as the effects of your idelogy sweep across the US like a plague.

    But your'e only making things worse with your mitigation and denial.

    A month ago you guys would have portrayed Woodward as a fair and competent and objective journalist.

    Now ? He's too old ? Democrats war on old people 2013.

    So what changed ? And don't blame this on pundits. Woodward went to CNN first to say it was "Madness", not Fox.

  8. #438
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebie Jeebie View Post
    No it's not a tumor. They aren't sure what it is,common sense or brain are what they have narrowed it down to, but definately not a tumor.

    The have ruled out is what you seem to be suffering from, judgmentalrectumitis, which was explained to me as having the delusion that you can determine that person is an idiot or fool simply by reading an e-mail. It was also explained there is no cure for it. Sorry about that.
    Hopefully, I am in remission. I believe the interview added with the emails show no threat. Two friends got into a heated argument and later apologized.

  9. #439
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,656

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    your partisan words amuse me. I didn't gloat about my side winning when a phony conservative held office for 8 years because I didn't feel like my individual beliefs were winning.
    Ah. He's a phony conservative now. Funny.

  10. #440
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Hopefully, I am in remission. I believe the interview added with the emails show no threat. Two friends got into a heated argument and later apologized.
    apology? Where did Woodward apologize? his last statements are that the white house is trying to intimidate the free press.

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •