Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 461

Thread: White House threatens Bob Woodward

  1. #331
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    since you acknowledged your error and now have offered nothing but childish rebuttals, we can close this chapter.
    Yes, it was wrong of me to think you said something about SCOTUS saying that the health care mandate was a tax

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    By the way – the Supreme Court ruled that the health care mandate is a tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #332
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    The problem with jumping on the bandwagon is that you look like a fool after it all blows over.
    agreed.

    we have two bandwagons though. those positive Woodward is lying, and those positive the administration threatened Woodward.

    some of us are watching the bandwagon waiting for more info.

  3. #333
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, it was wrong of me to think you said something about SCOTUS saying that the health care mandate was a tax
    So now it's not SCOTUS, it's the Obama admin?

    it was both. POTUS provided a brief arguing the taxing power made this provision legal. SCOTUS agreed with the brief.

  4. #334
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,582

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    You are so transparent.

    Nobody is calling Obama the boogey man. I have never engaged in this birther nonsense.

    You keep lining up the straw man to bury a story.
    Sure you are. You seem to be buying this threat on Woodward.


    By the way – the Supreme Court ruled that the health care mandate is a tax. Obama is raising taxes. Out of one side of his face, he claimed to not raise taxes, then out of the other side of his face he argued with the supreme court that this mandate is a tax and it is constitutional because it is indeed a tax

    You are wrong
    Fail

    The minor charge required to guarantee that everyone carries health insurance pales in comparison to Obama making permanent the "Bush Tax cuts".

    Thanks to last night's Fiscal Cliff deal, we an now put to bed the term "The Bush Tax Cuts."
    As of now, they're the Obama Tax Cuts.
    It should be noted, that income taxes are lower for everyone today than they would have been if the American Taxpayer Relief Act hadn't gone into effect.


    Read more: RIP: The Bush Tax Cuts; They Have Become The Obama Tax Cuts - Business Insider

  5. #335
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Sure you are. You seem to be buying this threat on Woodward.
    Woodward has earned enough of a pass for me to not accuse him of dementia. I am also not accusing the administration of being guilty because I have seen enough journalists over the years allow their ego to interfere with their reporting.

    The minor charge required to guarantee that everyone carries health insurance pales in comparison to Obama making permanent the "Bush Tax cuts.
    If you feel this is true, fine. But to claim Obama didn't raise taxes is 100% a lie.

    Fail
    those were not my words. you failed to quote the proper person.

  6. #336
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,582

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    1. Woodward has earned enough of a pass for me to not accuse him of dementia. I am also not accusing the administration of being guilty because I have seen enough journalists over the years allow their ego to interfere with their reporting.



    2. If you feel this is true, fine. But to claim Obama didn't raise taxes is 100% a lie.
    1. Sounds like a wash then.

    IMO, Woodward was self-promoting by making a mountain out of a sand dune. Odds are pretty good that the conversation between the reporter and the staffer became quite heated. Was anyone threatened? I doubt it.

    2. If John Roberts calls Obamacare a tax because it forces people to buy healthcare, that doesn't really make it one.

  7. #337
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    IMO, Woodward was self-promoting by making a mountain out of a sand dune. Odds are pretty good that the conversation between the reporter and the staffer became quite heated. Was anyone threatened? I doubt it.

    And these two people, are they also making amountian out of a molehill?

    "The official angered by my Woodward tweet sent me an indignant e-mail. “What’s next, a Nazi analogy?” the official wrote, chastising me for spreading “bull**** like that” I was not offended by the note, mild in comparison to past exchanges with this official. But it was the last straw in a relationship that had deteriorated.

    As editor-in-chief of National Journal, I received several e-mails and telephone calls from this White House official filled with vulgarity, abusive language, and virtually the same phrase that Woodward called a veiled threat. “You will regret staking out that claim,” The Washington Post reporter was told.

    Once I moved back to daily reporting this year, the badgering intensified. I wrote Saturday night, asking the official to stop e-mailing me. The official wrote, challenging Woodward and my tweet. “Get off your high horse and assess the facts, Ron,” the official wrote."

    http://mobile.nationaljournal.com/po...o-you-20130228

    "A day after Woodward's claim that a senior White House official had told him he would "regret" writing a column criticizing President Obama's stance on the sequester, Lanny Davis, a longtime close advisor to President Bill Clinton, told WMAL's Mornings on the Mall Thursday he had received similar threats for newspaper columns he had written about Obama in the Washington Times."

    WMAL : Where Washington Comes to Talk
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  8. #338
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    1. Sounds like a wash then.

    IMO, Woodward was self-promoting by making a mountain out of a sand dune. Odds are pretty good that the conversation between the reporter and the staffer became quite heated. Was anyone hreatened? I doubt it.
    Odds are also pretty good that powerful politicians work very hard to control the message using overt threats

    2. If John Roberts calls Obamacare a tax because it forces people to buy healthcare, that doesn't really make it one.
    The Obama legal team used the fact that congress has the power to tax as the reason this mandate is legal. If it only legal because they can tax people, its a tax.

  9. #339
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    agreed.

    we have two bandwagons though. those positive Woodward is lying, and those positive the administration threatened Woodward.

    some of us are watching the bandwagon waiting for more info.
    Nobody is disputing what was said. According to Woodward the "threat" was made in the e-mail, so we know exactly what was said. It is yourpersonal interpretation of it that is debatable.

  10. #340
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebie Jeebie View Post
    And these two people, are they also making amountian out of a molehill?

    "The official angered by my Woodward tweet sent me an indignant e-mail. “What’s next, a Nazi analogy?” the official wrote, chastising me for spreading “bull**** like that” I was not offended by the note, mild in comparison to past exchanges with this official. But it was the last straw in a relationship that had deteriorated.

    As editor-in-chief of National Journal, I received several e-mails and telephone calls from this White House official filled with vulgarity, abusive language, and virtually the same phrase that Woodward called a veiled threat. “You will regret staking out that claim,” The Washington Post reporter was told.

    Once I moved back to daily reporting this year, the badgering intensified. I wrote Saturday night, asking the official to stop e-mailing me. The official wrote, challenging Woodward and my tweet. “Get off your high horse and assess the facts, Ron,” the official wrote."

    http://mobile.nationaljournal.com/po...o-you-20130228

    "A day after Woodward's claim that a senior White House official had told him he would "regret" writing a column criticizing President Obama's stance on the sequester, Lanny Davis, a longtime close advisor to President Bill Clinton, told WMAL's Mornings on the Mall Thursday he had received similar threats for newspaper columns he had written about Obama in the Washington Times."

    WMAL : Where Washington Comes to Talk
    Don't you have any new material. How many times are you going to post this verbatim in other places?

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •