Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 461

Thread: White House threatens Bob Woodward

  1. #321
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    it is happening from both sides. Many on the right automatically assume Woodward is honest and the administration are liars.

    Many on the left are doing the reverse.
    Luckily, we can all read the email exchange and draw our own conclusions.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #322
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    the Obama admin argued in their brief to SCOTUS that the power to levee the mandate is constitutional under the taxing powers.

    try again.
    So now it's not SCOTUS, it's the Obama admin?

    Your need to move the goalposts demonstrates the weakness of your claim

    PS: "constitutional under the taxing powers" does not mean "it's a tax"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #323
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Threat? Threat? Kidding me right? That threat looked ****ing lame as hell. That was no threat. Not a threat at all. Who starts a threat with a apology? Sounded like two colleagues exchanging emails together.
    Lame.
    No issue here. Just a made up issue yet again from the far right.


  4. #324
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Luckily, we can all read the email exchange and draw our own conclusions.
    if you can conclude anything definitive from that email, you are exhibiting confirmation bias.

  5. #325
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So now it's not SCOTUS, it's the Obama admin?
    what the hell are you talking about?

    Your need to move the goalposts demonstrates the weakness of your claim
    again, what the hell are you talking about?

    PS: "constitutional under the taxing powers" does not mean "it's a tax"
    yes, it does. It acts as a tax and is legal because it operates as a tax.

    quacks like a duck, looks like a duck. ITS A DUCK

  6. #326
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    if you can conclude anything definitive from that email, you are exhibiting confirmation bias.
    What we can conclude definitely from that email is that Woodward was not 'threatened', and nothing in his response indicates he feels threatened.

    On the other hand, if you are a Far Right extremist desparate for anything you can use against the President, I'm sure that email looks like one of the recent pronouncements from the leader of North Korea.

    As I said earlier, you guys are funny!
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #327
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    what the hell are you talking about?



    again, what the hell are you talking about?
    My mistake. I thought you had said something about how SCOTUS said the health care mandate was a tax

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    By the way – the Supreme Court ruled that the health care mandate is a tax. Obama is raising taxes. Out of one side of his face, he claimed to not raise taxes, then out of the other side of his face he argued with the supreme court that this mandate is a tax and it is constitutional because it is indeed a tax

    You are wrong

    yes, it does. It acts as a tax and is legal because it operates as a tax.

    quacks like a duck, looks like a duck. ITS A DUCK
    Not if it's a cartoon (like your cartoonish argument)
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #328
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    My mistake. I thought you had said something about how SCOTUS said the health care mandate was a tax






    Not if it's a cartoon (like your cartoonish argument)

    since you acknowledged your error and now have offered nothing but childish rebuttals, we can close this chapter.

  9. #329
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    What we can conclude definitely from that email is that Woodward was not 'threatened', and nothing in his response indicates he feels threatened.
    we can't conclude that definitely. When a person in authority threatens subordinates, sometimes the subordinates comply initially.

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    The problem with jumping on the bandwagon is that you look like a fool after it all blows over.

Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •