Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 461

Thread: White House threatens Bob Woodward

  1. #311
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Yeah, he must be afraid the WH will shoot a drone up his ass. GMAFB
    Haha. What a shill you proved to be.

    White house press credentials alone would give a journalist pause for concern.

    Not to mention the close relationship POTUS has with the internal revenue service. The CIA The FBI. Etc., etc.

  2. #312
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    false.

    you are guilty of it.

    if a boss asks a women out, and she says no but is extremely polite while saying no, then later comes forward saying she felt threatened.

    the boss is going to point to that friendly email exchange to prove she wasn't threatened. she still has a harassment case. a person in power telling a subordinate that they will regret their decision can be construed as a threat.

    This thread reinforces all the problems we face as a nation. useful idiots on one side of the partisan divide always rush forward to make sure nobody digs deeper into potential governmental overreach.
    You can keep slogging this all you want, but this story ain't got legs. If you read that email exchange and saw a threat then all I can imagine is that everything your read is ominous to you.

    In two days (probably tomorrow, frankly), everybody will grow bored of this.

  3. #313
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,683

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Haha. What a shill you proved to be.

    White house press credentials alone would give a journalist pause for concern.

    Not to mention the close relationship POTUS has with the internal revenue service. The CIA The FBI. Etc., etc.
    Oh, Please. Now you're being paranoid. If anything Woodward might loses some of his privileged access to the inner working of the White House. Something Bush-Cheney did to any reporter who dared step on their toes.

  4. #314
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Oh, Please. Now you're being paranoid. If anything Woodward might loses some of his privileged access to the inner working of the White House. Something Bush-Cheney did to any reporter who dared step on their toes.
    You are being nave.

    Sometimes, people really are you to get you. That is a fact of life.

    I’m not saying with certainty that this is the case here, but I am not a shill anxious to bury this story either.

  5. #315
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Are you talking about one side, or both sides?
    it is happening from both sides. Many on the right automatically assume Woodward is honest and the administration are liars.

    Many on the left are doing the reverse.

  6. #316
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,683

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    You are being nave.

    Sometimes, people really are you to get you.
    Yeah, Boogeyman Obama and his Kenyan passport. Aren't you guys sick and tired of making fools of yourselves yet?

    That is a fact of life.

    I’m not saying with certainty that this is the case here, but I am not a shill anxious to bury this story either.
    The only fact of life these past 5 years is that the Right Wing has been 100% wrong about everything Obama. Have you not noticed that the things you whine about him doing never come to fruition? He never raised taxes, handed the country off to unions, went soft on terrorism, set the EPA off to destroy jobs or nationalized private industry. In fact he did much the opposite: cut taxes, reduced the number of union jobs, sent a special ops unit into Pakistan to get Obama, and cooperated with private enterprise to expand oil and gas exploration.

  7. #317
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Yeah, Boogeyman Obama and his Kenyan passport. Aren't you guys sick and tired of making fools of yourselves yet?
    You are so transparent.

    Nobody is calling Obama the boogey man. I have never engaged in this birther nonsense.

    You keep lining up the straw man to bury a story.

    The only fact of life these past 5 years is that the Right Wing has been 100% wrong about everything Obama. Have you not noticed that the things you whine about him doing never come to fruition? He never raised taxes

    By the way the Supreme Court ruled that the health care mandate is a tax. Obama is raising taxes. Out of one side of his face, he claimed to not raise taxes, then out of the other side of his face he argued with the supreme court that this mandate is a tax and it is constitutional because it is indeed a tax

    You are wrong

  8. #318
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post



    By the way – the Supreme Court ruled that the health care mandate is a tax. Obama is raising taxes. Out of one side of his face, he claimed to not raise taxes, then out of the other side of his face he argued with the supreme court that this mandate is a tax and it is constitutional because it is indeed a tax

    You are wrong
    Umm, no. SCOTUS did not call the health care mandate a tax.

    Try again
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #319
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You can keep slogging this all you want, but this story ain't got legs. If you read that email exchange and saw a threat then all I can imagine is that everything your read is ominous to you.

    In two days (probably tomorrow, frankly), everybody will grow bored of this.
    I've had more 'threatening' exchanges in the check out line at the Supermarket while talking about the weather than this exchange. It looks an awful lot to me like Bob Woodward once again trying to become the story rather than reporting on it.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  10. #320
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House threatens Bob Woodward

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Umm, no. SCOTUS did not call the health care mandate a tax.

    Try again
    the Obama admin argued in their brief to SCOTUS that the power to levee the mandate is constitutional under the taxing powers.

    try again.

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •