Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 626

Thread: Woman fired for having sex

  1. #611
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I'm in total agreement. Promiscuity, and protection from its consequences, is a civil, human, natural, and galactic right! We are only here because our ancestors were smart enough not to be fooled by fascists into giving up on free love or being tied down to actually look after their children in a stable family after they were born.

    The freedom from consequences is the most important of all freedoms!
    Your argument, if you could call it that, is rather one sided. The same exact argument could be made for homosexuals. After all, that's not how a historical "stable family" has been.

    It has nothing to do with the consequences of promiscuity, it's about an obnoxious religious group discriminating against gays and singles. If you could even label all sex outside of marriage as "promiscuity", being fired from your job because your employer doesn't like sex is not a "consequence of promiscuity".

    Fact is, this woman was discriminated against based on marital status. Every employee who was married enjoys a special right that employees who aren't married don't get to enjoy.

    How would it be any different if I fired or didn't hire married women specifically because I was worried about them having a baby someday? Or a homosexual because I find them icky? Or a christian because I don't want them shoving their religion down my throat?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  2. #612
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Your argument, if you could call it that, is rather one sided. The same exact argument could be made for homosexuals. After all, that's not how a historical "stable family" has been.

    It has nothing to do with the consequences of promiscuity, it's about an obnoxious religious group discriminating against gays and singles. If you could even label all sex outside of marriage as "promiscuity", being fired from your job because your employer doesn't like sex is not a "consequence of promiscuity".
    You made comments about basic and natural behaviour. I'm just exploring those comments, if you'll humour me. I was simply pointing out that not just do we have natural desires for sex, but naturally that sex has consequences. You cannot separate the two (healthily at least).
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  3. #613
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    It should be made against such relationships as well, but that is a different topic.
    Then there's no reason to even talk about it then if you're going to suggest that gays are unnatural, can't be good parents, or should be discriminated against, because I will never change my views on that. Just because I'm not something doesn't mean I need to try to force someone else out of it. (Not saying you believe that, but I'd rather not go down that road as well.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    If we can simply change what you call natural or basic human desires or actions, then why is sex a natural or basic desire and action that should be sacrosanct? You made comments about basic and natural behaviour. I'm just exploring those comments, if you'll humour me.
    I don't recall saying that we can "simply change natural or basic human desires or actions." Sex is a hardcoded, pre-wired, natural instinct. The same as breathing, sleeping, and eating.

    The company made a contract that discriminated against singles, by removing privileges that married workers can enjoy. This would be the same if I made all my employees sign a contract saying if they are black they don't get lunch breaks, and if they're christian they don't get bathroom breaks. Everyone else can freely enjoy both.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #614
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Whilst you were making your post, I changed my post to get to the heart of what I was trying to say:

    You made comments about basic and natural behaviour. I'm just exploring those comments, if you'll humour me. I was simply pointing out that not just do we have natural desires for sex, but naturally that sex has consequences. You cannot separate the two (healthily at least).

    I was simply commenting on the claim that our drive for sex is natural. It is also natural that it has consequences (telos or ends). In particular we owe our being just as much to our parents parenting and their familial relationships as we do to their sexual urges and actions. This is all one process. Any claim to the natural of sexual desire, if rationally pursued to its ends, will support traditional sexual morality.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 03-04-13 at 05:02 AM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #615
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Just the "Christ" part. That the Jesus man existed is probably not in dispute.
    Now it's "probably not in dispute", huh?

  6. #616
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Since Proposition 13 passed some 35 or so years ago, schools have been funded by the State of California. Take out federal "special programs" money, and they are being funded more or less equally, yet the outcomes are not the same. The bottom line is that children of poverty are much more difficult to teach than are middle class children. Add to that the schools in poorer neighborhoods tend to get the less experienced teachers as most of them (except for a few true heroes who are dedicated to teaching inner city kids) put in for transfers to suburban schools as soon as they get a little seniority.
    It seems that without these 'children of poverty' class averages would go up and murder rates would go down. The time has long past where we must discuss these problems openly without being 'povertyists'.

  7. #617
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,577

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Now it's "probably not in dispute", huh?
    The historic Jesus...though probably going by a different name, most definitely existed. That is, there was a teacher who was baptized by John and then crucified by the Romans. Not exactly a smoking gun to prove the existence of Christ. Eh?

    Historical Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  8. #618
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The historic Jesus...though probably going by a different name, most definitely existed. That is, there was a teacher who was baptized by John and then crucified by the Romans. Not exactly a smoking gun to prove the existence of Christ. Eh?
    The tune continues to change. You don't have to send links. I'm familiar with the history. The people's tax dollars were well spent.

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    One could argue that sending kids to a religious school is child abuse. After all, teaching kids about the life and times of Santa Claus would never be considered an acceptable curriculum, but for some reason, teaching kids about the fictitious Jesus Christ is considered acceptable.

  9. #619
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,529

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems that without these 'children of poverty' class averages would go up and murder rates would go down. The time has long past where we must discuss these problems openly without being 'povertyists'.
    There's no question that both would happen.

    the question is what to do about it.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #620
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    There's no question that both would happen.

    the question is what to do about it.
    The obvious answer is that we have to work together but fully realize how easily said that is.

    First of all we should raise our expectations of children when they are much younger, with no one getting a pass. We must discourage and eliminate the idea that there are groups of people who are inferior because of the circumstances of their birth. We have to allow school choice though a voucher system, or something very similar. We have to police bad behavior through the 'broken window' theory.

    A lot of it is just an adjustment of social attitudes and responsibilities, with the federal government playing less of a role in education. This could be better handled locally.

    I'm sure there are many more ideas out there that would benefit but do feel the status quo isn't cutting it.

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •