Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 626

Thread: Woman fired for having sex

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    just curious, if someone was a beer drinker and was fired for drinking beer on their own time, would you say that they sucked at their job, too?
    Was that a real question, or did you want a complimentary HAHA GOOD ONE! and then move on?

    Gee, I'm sorry that the mean ol' oppressive church hurt your hyper-liberal, hyper-atheist sensitivities - but I don't think it's an excuse for hyperbole.

  2. #52
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,202

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    and maybe away from her job as well.
    That doesn't get you pregnant though. At least I don't think so. There's a few videos out there I may have to watch later. You know, as part of my research.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It wasn't part of her job description, it was a seperate morals clause. She did sign it, so I don't think she's really in the right here.

    However, this only happened because she's a woman who got pregnant. If she were a man, or didn't get pregnant, she would not have been fired because nobody would have known.
    You mean like the star basketball player for BYU who got kicked off the team (and maybe out of school - can't remember for sure) for having premarital sex with his girlfriend?

    There may be a double standard as to how you can discover if someone broke the rules, but you really can't argue about infractions being biased.

  4. #54
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Ohh, I understand what they mean by "were all sinners". That's the get out of jail free card. Does jesus pass those out? LOL

    Ohh, i dont hate religion, i just think it's rampant with hypocrisy.

    yes, you are right, it was a no premarital sex policy and not a no sex policy. I wonder how many "christians" follow that in the premarital life? LOL
    You've just demonstrated that you do not understand (again as all this has been explained to you before). First is admission of sin, then repentence, then asking for forgiveness. NOT a get out of jail free card.

    And yes, you are quite demonstrably anti-religion.

    As to how many christians follow the contract they signed, that's not known, but I'm guessing a majority. In fact, had she acted like a christian and come to the admin, admitted her sin, repented and asked for forgiveness she may very well have been allowed to keep her job with them. But she didn't. In fact she's missing on the whole admittance, repentence prerequisites.

  5. #55
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,820

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

    She did sign some kind of agreement about not doing it. They only found out because she was pregnant, so ironically if she had gotten an abortion it would have been a-ok.
    The Christiban equivalent of stoning.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  6. #56
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,202

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    You mean like the star basketball player for BYU who got kicked off the team (and maybe out of school - can't remember for sure) for having premarital sex with his girlfriend?

    There may be a double standard as to how you can discover if someone broke the rules, but you really can't argue about infractions being biased.
    A man can deny it. Unless they do a paternity test to find out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #57
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    just curious, if someone was a beer drinker and was fired for drinking beer on their own time, would you say that they sucked at their job, too?
    If it were on the employment contract that only non-drinkers were allowed employment and it were that person's job to show the public a job done by non-drinkers, then yes.

  8. #58
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Was that a real question, or did you want a complimentary HAHA GOOD ONE! and then move on?

    Gee, I'm sorry that the mean ol' oppressive church hurt your hyper-liberal, hyper-atheist sensitivities - but I don't think it's an excuse for hyperbole.

    ummm, are you going to answer that question? if not, i'll move along.

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    I can recall many things in contracts, such as no discussing salaries among the other worker bees. Unless things are challenged they will remain the same. Rosie Parks should have moved to the back of the bus is what some are saying in here. Blacks daring to drink from the wrong water fountain...

    I can see the desire for 'morality' clauses but like in the dis-cuss-ions on the BoR they are not without limit.

    Given the current trend to separate the secular side of religious organizations there maybe a wind of change here.

    I can see kicking a nun out of an order for fornication. A priest for molesting children, but like in the healthcare area, employees different. These workers should be treated like other secular employees, unless this young lady is a Church official I see thin ice for the Church to defend itself in court. (I recall a young lady being fired for cohabitation and the Chruch argued because she occasionally lead prayers so she was a 'preacher', even though ALL protestant sects allow for lay people to lead prayers)

    This might be an interesting case to put before judges.

  10. #60
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    just curious, if someone was a beer drinker and was fired for drinking beer on their own time, would you say that they sucked at their job, too?
    depends on the job.

    If the job is to be a spokesman for the Prohibition movement, then yes. You suck at your job.

Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •