Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 626

Thread: Woman fired for having sex

  1. #41
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    What gave you the idea that I'm a spokesperson or apologist for the Christian right or any other religious group? My only comments have been related to personal responsibility and the consequences of one's actions. Maybe if more people on the left understood the concepts of accountability and responsibility we wouldn't have so many people in the world who have no respect for others and even less respect for themselves.
    My response wasnt directed particularly at you. More rhetorical.

    Yes, those that are religious on the left are in the same boat when it comes to "personal responsibility" in their religion.
    Last edited by madman; 02-27-13 at 12:51 PM.

  2. #42
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Give it up. You don't understand what religious folks are saying when they say we are all sinners. You seemingly cannot, hating religion as much as you apparently do. It's been explained to you before, but it goes right over your head.

    Btw, wasn't a no sex policy - it's a no premartial sex policy.
    Ohh, I understand what they mean by "were all sinners". That's the get out of jail free card. Does jesus pass those out? LOL

    Ohh, i dont hate religion, i just think it's rampant with hypocrisy.

    yes, you are right, it was a no premarital sex policy and not a no sex policy. I wonder how many "christians" follow that in the premarital life? LOL

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Ohh, I understand what they mean by "were all sinners". That's the get out of jail free card. Does jesus pass those out? LOL

    Ohh, i dont hate religion, i just think it's rampant with hypocrisy.

    yes, you are right, it was a no premarital sex policy and not a no sex policy. I wonder how many "christians" follow that in the premarital life? LOL
    Well, luckily for those who don't care for Christian schools and their policies, there are other alternatives.
    US Schools Under Pressure to Deal With Sexual Violence

  4. #44
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,172

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I didn't see too many people trash Al Davis for rescinding JaMarcus Russell's contract after having a few hundred too many Big Macs.

    If you sign a contract, you follow it or you suffer the consequences. If you don't like the contract, don't sign it.

    Don't like it? Learn to deal.
    They also rescinded JaMarcus Russell's contract because he sucked at his job.

    They didn't say that this chick sucked at her job, though maybe she did.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #45
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Well, luckily for those who don't care for Christian schools and their policies, there are other alternatives.
    US Schools Under Pressure to Deal With Sexual Violence
    Sadly, sexual violence happens everywhere.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    They also rescinded JaMarcus Russell's contract because he sucked at his job.

    They didn't say that this chick sucked at her job, though maybe she did.
    If part of her job description is to remain chaste...then yeah, I'd say she sucked at her job.

  7. #47
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    If part of her job description is to remain chaste...then yeah, I'd say she sucked at her job.
    just curious, if someone was a beer drinker and was fired for drinking beer on their own time, would you say that they sucked at their job, too?

  8. #48
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Why do they assume she had sex? Doesn't god father children anymore? Are virgin births out of fashion?

    Holy Teri, Mother of God.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,558

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    They also rescinded JaMarcus Russell's contract because he sucked at his job.

    They didn't say that this chick sucked at her job, though maybe she did.
    and maybe away from her job as well.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #50
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,172

    Re: Woman fired for having sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    If part of her job description is to remain chaste...then yeah, I'd say she sucked at her job.
    It wasn't part of her job description, it was a seperate morals clause. She did sign it, so I don't think she's really in the right here.

    However, this only happened because she's a woman who got pregnant. If she were a man, or didn't get pregnant, she would not have been fired because nobody would have known.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •